Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Game #13 Colts @ Bengals, Sunday, December 10, 2023 1PM EST

NFLfan

Colts at Bengals  

18 members have voted

1. 1. QB Jake Browning had a career game for the Bengals last week. Will the Colts defense contain him to less than 250 passing yards and fewer than 2 touchdowns?

• Yes. Our defense is better than what Browning faced last week.
    • No, last week was no fluke.
    • I don't know enough about Browning to know.
  2. 2. What do you expect to see from Minshew in this game. (Choose all that apply)

• He will have more than 250 yards passing.
    • He will have at least 1 TD passing.
    • He will have at least 2 interceptions.
    • He will run for at least 1 TD.
    • He will complete at least 63% of his passes.
  3. 3. The Colts defense will have how many sacks?

4. 4. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2023 at 06:15 PM

Just now, a06cc said:

Reason Cross is getting limited snaps as well. We need to draft a FS and SS 

I haven't seen Cross miss assignments, or get burned. 

and in most metrics, our safety duo of Thomas and Blackmon compete with Top 5s. 

That's why Cross isn't seeing the field. Thomas missed some tackles today, but he has been elite in coverage all year, so has blackmon.

But with that being said, i'd rather see thomas or cross playing out side corner than Baker Jr

Just now, AKB said:

That's why Cross isn't seeing the field. Thomas missed some tackles today, but he has been elite in coverage all year, so has blackmon.

But with that being said, i'd rather see thomas or cross playing out side corner than Baker Jr

They got exposed today. Covered up by our pass rush improving. When we don’t get home those guys get exposed 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Despite everything, with the Houston loss we are still #7 and after we beat Pitt next week, we will be #6 at worse. Pitt isn't anywhere near as talented as Cincy is. We have just won 4 in a row, not sure why anyone needs to be this ridiculous over 1 loss. I have never seen anything like this in all my years here. I even said before the game we may lose because Cincy needed this a lot more than us. The loss doesn't prove anything to me 1 way or the other. We had a bad game it happens. 

I believe we might stay there even with a bills and broncos win. We will see. If both them lose we are still sitting nice. But the way Minshew looked today I don’t want to imagine next week against the Steelers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He didn’t have time.  It’s not just Minshew struggling today.  The whole team is.

I agree that the whole team is flailing today, but you'd expect your QB to have the situational awareness to do something quickly.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

minshew is NOT an elite backup, really wish people would stop saying it

yes, he is very average. I wish they would have him under center more and run the ball with some play action or bootlegs. Then you wouldn’t be relying on a shaky qb to win games. Adjust to the players you have.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I have no clue. And for the record, I don’t want any new ones. I just have a feeling with now 55 plus QBs hurt this year, far more than any year in league history, it’s going to be looked at closely

Some of the injuries were non-contact ones. New rules will not change that.

• Like 1

I dont know. I get it fandom and all, glass half full, not empty. Hoping and wishing for the best. But just take a look at the big picture from a neutral perspective. Do people really think we are a playoff team with Minshew leading the charge, or did we just get a bunch of wins against the worst teams in the league, barely at that.

Just now, AKB said:

There's a big difference in technique between CB and S. In no way would I be comfortable having Cross play outside corner all of a sudden. I'd much rather play the CB behind Baker over an out of position safety like Cross. Hopefully Brents is back next week and we don't have to worry about it again.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never once said Minshew was elite. I have always said great backup and above average starter that has played good football at times. So don't include me on whoever said that. As a matter of fact, most people in here thinks  Minshew stinks, read the posts. I defend him when people post dumb bullcrap like that. Plain and simple.

Calling him  an above average starter itself is umm what you describe in your second to last sentence.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I thought Dingus was referring to a forum member.

"What backup would you rather have? Minshew knows the system. With ARs inability to stay healthy having a good vet is needed"

-Jvan

...I’m glad he is here but I wouldn’t say he is playing great even for a backup. During this 4 game win streak he has more turnovers than TDs. Colts are almost winning despite Minshew. Of course there is way more to it than that stat

-awesome austin

Purdy is minshew with better wrs

-stephen

2006 also thinks Minshew is better than Browning, and what Browning just did is purdy level

so let's not pretend like people weren't on here ranting and raving about how great of a backup minshew is, and some even saying he should start. and it goes on, trust me

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never once said Minshew was elite. I have always said great backup and above average starter that has played good football at times. So don't include me on whoever said that. As a matter of fact, most people in here thinks  Minshew stinks, read the posts. I defend him when people post dumb bullcrap like that. Plain and simple.

he isn't a great backup, either. also, many people in here, like you, think he's a great back up, and those poosts are plentiful

Just now, AKB said:

"What backup would you rather have? Minshew knows the system. With ARs inability to stay healthy having a good vet is needed"

-Jvan

...I’m glad he is here but I wouldn’t say he is playing great even for a backup. During this 4 game win streak he has more turnovers than TDs. Colts are almost winning despite Minshew. Of course there is way more to it than that stat

-awesome austin

-stephen

2006 also thinks Minshew is better than Browning, and what Browning just did is purdy level

so let's not pretend like people weren't on here ranting and raving about how great of a backup minshew is, and some even saying he should start. and it goes on, trust me

Keyword: Backup

Both sides need to temper expectations.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

-Jvan

-awesome austin

-stephen

You're good! I would not have been able to find them.