Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

20 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Hope the Colts have a good game plan against Crosby because this will not work.

that’s what you should be doing against a good pass rusher, but it is usually a te and then releases for a check down pass. I don’t know why you would have a wr doing it unless he is a better blocker than your te. If that’s the case, all the colts te’s should be cut and get some new ones!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, husker61 said:

that’s what you should be doing against a good pass rusher, but it is usually a te and then releases for a check down pass. I don’t know why you would have a wr doing it unless he is a better blocker than your te. If that’s the case, all the colts te’s should be cut and get some new ones!!

Pierce to his credit is a really good blocker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I don’t think you are quite where you think you are.  They got outplayed and out coached plus missing Pittman hurt, but to say they overlooked ATL is nonsense to me. 

Maybe but after hearing some of the players after the game I got that impression. In any case they better get it together if they want to win these last two games.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pierce to his credit is a really good blocker.

11 minutes ago, husker61 said:

I know, but that’s not what you want a wideout receiver doing.

I don't know, Pittman is a pretty good blocker too, that's how JT occasionally breaks off on long runs once he gets into the sceondary.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't know, Pittman is a pretty good blocker too, that's how JT occasionally breaks off on long runs once he gets into the sceondary.

Yep. Your best WR need to do block well. George Pickens got roasted after the colts game because he said he did r block because he didn’t want to  get hurt.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yep. Your best WR need to do block well. George Pickens got roasted after the colts game because he said he did r block because he didn’t want to  get hurt.

He certainly did - his lack of effort was magnified by the fact that had he blocked on that play, his teamate scores a touchdown and his team summarily lost the game by a large margin.

2 hours ago, husker61 said:

Well if Pierce can't catch might as well throw him into a pass rusher lol

10 hours ago, w87r said:

No, that game really isn't important for this one for this WC scenario. I went back and re-entered. However if Jaguars lost both games we would be Division champs. I didn't do any of those as we know we need to play a game better than Jags over last 2. Not too much to look at there.

Just need:

Bills to lose to the Patriots 

Texans lose to the Titans

Steelers lose to the Seahawks

Bengals lose to the Chiefs 

Chargers lose to the Broncos

Then week 18:

We lose to Texans

All we need is:

Browns to beat Bengals

There is so many different scenarios, I just put out a few. This was a work off a different one.

Regardless you still want the jags to lose....if they win a game that won't help us at all....the division us still up for grabs

10 hours ago, husker61 said:

Yeah they should've had a tight end help block since they don't use them in the passing game much

6 hours ago, Nancy said:

With the Raiders coming here and they have the former Purdue QB playing right now, there could be a lot of fans rooting for the Raiders.....?? Ugggh I hope we can get it together!!

idk too many Indiana-based Purdue fans that aren’t colts fans. And if they are not, they are generally bears fans. They aren’t going to that game. Barely go to their own. 

it isn’t drew breesus coming to Lucas Oil…

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

idk too many Indiana-based Purdue fans that aren’t colts fans. And if they are not, they are generally bears fans. They aren’t going to that game. Barely go to their own. 

it isn’t drew breesus coming to Lucas Oil…

Raiders fans don't travel like Steelers fans. Aidan is MEH, and like you say most Purdue fans are Colts fans. I see an 80/20 crowd in favor of Indy here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCMak24 said:

Regardless you still want the jags to lose....if they win a game that won't help us at all....the division us still up for grabs

Oh course, but it isn't required to make a WC spot.

I've already stated about the division. It's pretty clear what need to happen there, no scenarios needed. We got to finish 1game better than them and keep tie breaker over Texans(they lose to Titans/ or us).

No point in throwing a Jaguar result in the formula if it isn't needed. Trying to find the least amount of things that need to happen to clinch a playoff spot while going 1-1 over last 2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Oh course, but it isn't required to make a WC spot.

I've already stated about the division. It's pretty clear what need to happen there, no scenarios needed. We got to finish 1game better than them and keep tie breaker over Texans(they lose to Titans/ or us).

No point in throwing a Jaguar result in the formula if it isn't needed. Trying to find the least amount of things that need to happen to clinch a playoff spot while going 1-1 over last 2.

Winning the division would be gravy. I just want to make the Playoffs. A lot of division winners get snuffed out early in the playoffs anyway. Being a part of that Final 7 is the main key.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Jags lose Sunday, they could miss the Playoffs period.

If you were the Jags and in a 3 way race for the division, with 2 games to go. Would you risk playing your very beat up and injured franchise QB or start the backup and see what happens given backups this year are winning?

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If you were the Jags and in a 3 way race for the division, with 2 games to go. Would you risk playing your very beat up and injured franchise QB or start the backup and see what happens given backups this year are winning?

I would leave it in the hands of Lawrence as in whatever wants to do. Tired of coaches and doctors trying dictate who plays or doesn't. If I was the QB of a team in a 3-team race, I would have to be in a wheelchair in order for anyone to keep me out. I would play, that is just me. Rivers played in the AFC Title Game back in 2007 with an ACL tear. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would leave it in the hands of Lawrence as in whatever wants to do. Tired of coaches and doctors trying dictate who plays or doesn't. If I was the QB of a team in a 3-team race, I would have to be in a wheelchair in order for anyone to keep me out. I would play, that is just me. Rivers played in the AFC Title Game back in 2007 with an ACL tear. 

Sometimes coaches and doctors have to protect the player and make them sit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winning the division would be gravy. I just want to make the Playoffs. A lot of division winners get snuffed out early in the playoffs anyway. Being a part of that Final 7 is the main key.

Division is well within reach, my whole point was in certain scenarios it calls for different things. Not that I would rather be a WC than win the division (don't think you are saying that I said that)

I was just figuring out scenarios of making the playoffs while going 1-1. Of course there is that scenario where we win division going 1-1 with Jags going 0-2, but again the point of the scenarios was just to get in the playoffs.

One of the scenarios I posted had the Jags winning a game, I think? But if they need to win a game for that scenario to get us in the playoffs, great, win it.

Whatever scenario it takes is good with me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Division is well within reach, my whole point was in certain scenarios it calls for different things. Not that I would rather be a WC than win the division (don't think you are saying that I said that)

I was just figuring out scenarios of making the playoffs while going 1-1. Of course there is that scenario where we win division going 1-1 with Jags going 0-2, but again the point of the scenarios was just to get in the playoffs.

One of the scenarios I posted had the Jags winning a game, I think? But if they need to win a game for that scenario to get us in the playoffs, great, win it.

Whatever scenario it takes is good with me.

Oh, I know, I love how you break everything down too. Much appreciated! That gives everyone an idea where we stand. If I tried to break down every scenario like you do, this would be me homer simpson GIF

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Loser mentality right there… :facepalm:

It’s an injury guarantee so they don’t want him to get hurt and be on the hook for the money. He is clearly gone if they sit him. Funny thing is this happened with Carr last year and Stidham took over. Now Stidham could take over for same situation in Denver.