Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)-I don't think anyone in here had us at 6-5 before the season started and in the playoffs. Mike Chappel and Greg Doyle had us winning 3 games and being non-competitive. This is what I think of their predictions. Toilet Bathroom GIF by 60 Second Docs

I had us at 10-7

I lost my sheet(my dog ate it, lol, but for real) where I went through the whole NFL schedule (all 32 teams), week by week, but I think I had them at 6-5

Losing to Pitt and Cincy to end the season, which would be 4-2. Probably right at 6-5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I had us at 10-7

I lost my sheet(my dog ate it, lol, but for real) where I went through the whole NFL schedule (all 32 teams), week by week, but I think I had them at 6-5

Losing to Pitt and Cincy to end the season, which would be 4-2. Probably right at 6-5.

I had us 8-8-1 from the beginning, we were the rare one's that said we wouldn't below .500.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

I know Buffalo losing helps us, but damn I’m sick of the Eagles and their fan base. My genuine reaction. 

If it makes you feel any better, I think they might be one of the worst 10-1 teams ever.

Think they have been pretty lucky and easily could of lost another 3-4 games.

Edit: they're still pretty good though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I saw on Twitter today the Steelers/colts game will be Friday Dec 15th in prime time. I haven’t seen that confirmed yet. Should be announced this week if true.

I call nonsense on that Twitter post as the flex date is Sat the 16th, not Fri the 15th.  I believe there will be 3 "TBD" games on Sat the 16th - a 1pm game. a 4:30pm game, and an 8pm game - all times eastern.  I'm sure Pitt/Indy will be one of them.

8 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

I call nonsense on that Twitter post as the flex date is Sat the 16th, not Fri the 15th.  I believe there will be 3 "TBD" games on Sat the 16th - a 1pm game. a 4:30pm game, and an 8pm game - all times eastern.  I'm sure Pitt/Indy will be one of them.

Well colts Steelers game has no time yet. It’s TBD. He said he was surprised it hadn’t been announced. That week will be announced this week. I believe nfl changed some things and will have a Friday game. Was announced last year. It’s one of those special Amazon games I think.

25 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Larry David Reaction GIF

I know Buffalo losing helps us, but damn I’m sick of the Eagles and their fan base. My genuine reaction. 

I get it... But it's better than NE running things.

I'm actually sick of all things KC at this point honestly.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steelers play cards next week so probably will win. But if browns and Steelers would lose and colts win I believe they move to 5.  Browns play rams so good chance colts could move up one more spot.

I don't think we will pass either of them for sure.

Going to go a few steps down the tie breaker, to common opponents I think.

We would all have same record

Browns beat us, but not sure it applies in this case

Would have the same conference record (as those 2 play NFC teams)

Tie Breaker Rules for 3 or more teams:

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after a third club or other clubs are eliminated, the tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of the applicable two-club format.)

Apply the division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two wild card participants.

1. Head-to-head sweep (applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others)

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

4. Strength of victory

5. Strength of schedule

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

8. Best net points in conference games

9. Best net points in all games

10. Best net touchdowns in all games

11. Coin toss

When the first wild card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second wild card (i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2). In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tiebreaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a wild card berth.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't think we will pass either of them for sure.

Going to go a few steps down the tie breaker, to common opponents I think.

We would all have same record

Browns beat us, but not sure it applies in this case

Would have the same conference record (as those 2 play NFC teams)

Yeah I forgot they are playing nfc teams.

• Like 1

I’m just glad we are being competitive…I mean we really haven’t been smoked in any game at all this year. The worst loss we had was unfortunately to the jaguars whom we may have to beat to move on towards the Super Bowl and that was a 17 point loss. We’ve lost 5 games with a total of -36 points (7.2 points per game) basically about a one possession loss on average. In our wins we are +46 on 6 wins (7.67 points per game).

All things considered we can about be in any game this year against anyone except the jaguars..for whatever reason they are absolutely our Achilles heel. 

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 9-3, 3-2, 6-3, .504, .470 (Bye, Rams, @Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Chiefs 8-3, 3-1, 6-1, .557, .494 (@Packers, Bills, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

3. Jaguars 8-3, 4-1, 6-2, .549, .506 (Bengals, @Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

4. Dolphins 8-3, 3-1, 6-2, .419, .311 (@Commanders, Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

5. Steelers 7-4, 3-1, 5-3, .561, .506 (Cardinals, Patriots, @Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

6. Browns 7-4, 3-2, 5-3, .556, .519 (@Rams, Jaguars, Bears, @Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

7. Colts 6-5, 2-2, 4-3, .484, .388 (@Titans, @Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 6-5, 1-2, 3-3, .488, .463 (Broncos, @Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Broncos 6-5, 1-2, 3-4, .516, .522 (@Texans, @Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bills 6-6, 2-2, 3-5, .474, .420 (Bye, @Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

11. Bengals 5-6, 0-4, 1-6, .552, .474 (@Jaguars, Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

12. Raiders 5-7, 1-2, 3-5, .485, .375 (Bye, Vikings, Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Not Officially Out:

13. Chargers 4-7, 1-1, 2-4, .553, .400 (@Patriots, Broncos, @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

14. Titans 4-7, 0-2, 2-5, .500, .341 (Colts, @Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

15. Jets 4-7, 1-3, 2-6, .536, .565 (Falcons, Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

16. Patriots 2-9, 2-2, 2-4, .544, .435 (Chargers, @Steelers, Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets) 

Will update SoS + SoV, after MNF

Updated OP from SNF

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I font know if any of you had heard this but Myles Garrett got united in the game yesterday and had his arm in a sling. So if he misses extended time browns are close to being done.

...That, and the fact that they might be switching to Joe Flaco at QB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think in order for us to get in, we need to go 10-7. That means 4-2 the rest of the way. That is doable.

It’s very doable. They just can’t collapse like they did during that 3 game losing streak. They don’t play as hard of teams rest of season they played early.  I won’t be shocked if they end up winning ten or 11 with that schedule. But Gardner is inconsistent so I also would not be surprised if they lose too. This schedule could easily have them not losing any of the games left.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s very doable. They just can’t collapse like they did during that 3 game losing streak. They don’t play as hard of teams rest of season they played early.  I won’t be shocked if they end up winning ten or 11 with that schedule. But Gardner is inconsistent so I also would not be surprised if they lose too. This schedule could easily have them not losing any of the games left.

Mustache has a little Favre in him as in when he gets streaky hot, he starts to make some throws that are scary into traffic thinking he can complete anything. He needs to stop that. I thought he played good yesterday, but he also let the Bucs back into the game with a silly INT and he almost had another.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mustache has a little Favre in him as in when he gets streaky hot, he starts to make some throws that are scary into traffic thinking he can complete anything. He needs to stop that. I thought he played good yesterday, but he also let the Bucs back into the game with a silly INT and he almost had another.

He played fairly well and got Pittman in stride. Colts used those rub routes and slants really well with Pittman. It’s hard to stop him when you get him on those kind of plays. The play Minshew went backwards was kind of funny because he had wide open green grass. But all in all Minshew complimented the run game in the second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He played fairly well and got Pittman in stride. Colts used those rub routes and slants really well with Pittman. It’s hard to stop him when you get him on those kind of plays. The play Minshew went backwards was kind of funny because he had wide open green grass. But all in all Minshew complimented the run game in the second half.

Yeah that was funny, one minute Mustache was running forward, then he seen that big NT and said no thanks and ran backwards for a yard chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

I thought Minshew played good. Im not counting that interception either because i dont even know if it was his fault or Downs fault. Either way bad communication. The should have been interception was flat out bad though. Thats him trying to force throws. If he can stop doing those and stay in pocket he will be a lot better.. Look at Pierce he always open.. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kevin Bowen said Minshew played poor and didn’t look better than the previous two games. I think he is wrong. This sss much better then the panthers and patriot games.

I hate to say this because I like guys like Kevin Bowen and even JMV, I like their Radio shows but every time the Colts win or someone plays well, they downplay it. IMO, I think it is because they had us stinking before the season started and they can't take being wrong. When Mike Chappell predicted 3 wins, people on the Bowen show laughed and didn't even disagree with me. If I had a talk show here in Indy, Greg Doyle would not even be allowed on it. He is an embarrassment to Colts nation with his negative crap. Just saying what most fans want to say but don't. I tell it like it is. angry homer simpson GIF I had an 8-8-1 prediction which was reasonable and still is. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, I think it is because they had us stinking before the season started and they can't take being wrong

Yeah its a weird year for local colts writers.  They all thought we would be bad and they only really planned on talking about Richardson all year.  Now that hes gone and the team is what it is they dont even know what to say.

Not bad enough for them to go off flaming everyone which would make it easier for them.  Not good enough to get really hyped for a playoff run either.  Team is winning in such a way that leaves the media with not much to work with

Random players on defense will have a big game and then go quiet the next week lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Yeah its a weird year for local colts writers.  They all thought we would be bad and they only really planned on talking about Richardson all year.  Now that hes gone and the team is what it is they dont even know what to say.

Not bad enough for them to go off flaming everyone which would make it easier for them.  Not good enough to get really hyped for a playoff run either.  Team is winning in such a way that leaves the media with not much to work with

Random players on defense will have a big game and then go quiet the next week lol

I agree with this for the most part but how can a nobody like me almost know we would win 8 or 9 games and they didn't? Where I knew, I thought our roster was a lot better than they thought. I also took into account that we lost 4 games last year by 3 points or less in which we had the lead so that 4-12-1 record was very misleading. Taylor was out most of the year too, he alone makes a 3-game difference. I had 8-8-1 with AR but I also knew that Mustache was good enough to win around 8 games as well based on his past. Pretty easy prediction for me.

More big games Sunday.

Win win for colts as Broncos and Texans play. I think I might give broncos the edge.

Steelers probably beat cardinals and pats next two weeks. They have cupcakes so colts need to win so they don’t fall behind before that game.

Rams play Browns. Rams probably win this game. 

Chiefs can finish the Bills hope by beating them. Correction bills are on a bye week before playing chiefs.

Going  to be a fun weekend. Not sure if colts will have a chance to move up any more. Bur they should get help if they can take care of business.