Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

Baltimore can clinch playoffs with one of the following scenarios.

BAL win + DEN loss or tie + BUF loss or tie OR

BAL win + DEN loss or tie + CLE loss or tie OR

BAL win + DEN loss or tie + PIT loss or tie OR

BAL win + DEN loss or tie + HOU loss or tie OR

BAL win + BUF loss or tie + CLE loss or tie OR

BAL win + BUF loss or tie + PIT loss or tie OR

BAL win + BUF loss or tie + HOU loss or tie OR

BAL win + CLE loss or tie + PIT-IND tie OR

BAL win + HOU loss or tie + PIT-IND tie

NOTE – Several additional scenarios involving a Baltimore tie and combination of other teams losing or tying would also clinch a Ravens playoff berth.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-week-15-playoff-scenarios-ravens-cowboys-lions-eagles-can-clinch-playoff-berths

• Like 1

I know you guys felt it was so strange to watch us lose the Cleveland with a back up quarterback. It wasn’t so much that is the fact our team was not prepared to play this game. We cannot make this same mistake Sunday against Pittsburgh. If we lose this game it’s gonna be hard to make the playoffs at all. I hope Shane has some good ideas to mix it  up. And Bradley  better be playing for his job. 

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I know you guys felt it was so strange to watch us lose the Cleveland with a back up quarterback. It wasn’t so much that is the fact our team was not prepared to play this game. We cannot make this same mistake Sunday against Pittsburgh. If we lose this game it’s gonna be hard to make the playoffs at all. I hope Shane has some good ideas to mix it  up. And Bradley  better be playing for his job. 

I think we’ll be much better this week. 

also, don’t forget - WE (The Colts) are playing with a backup QB as well & our star RB. 

• Like 1

We rarely beat Pittsburgh and the Raiders have put 56 points on the Chargers. And we face a much improved Texans team. If we cannot get the running game back to where it should be and depend on Minshew it’s going to a bitter end to this season I hope I am wrong but it may be a long month of games ahead 

2 minutes ago, ArmchairQB said:

This topic is a gross overreaction to this abomination.  The Chargers have completely quit. Remember this Raiders team lost 3-0 4 days ago.  However the Steelers and Texans point is well taken. 

Steelers just lost to the Cards and Pats at home as well. I get our history vs them, but they aren't what they once were. They have looked bad lately. Ben Roethlisberger and their defenses from the late 2000's isn't walking through that door. 

• Like 1

Rest of the season is just a bonus for me. Of course I want the playoffs but I’m ok if we don’t. What our head coach has done with this team is unbelievable. Starting QB is out, DC is washed up, injuries to every position group but we have won 7 games. I personally don’t think we will go 3-1 to end the season and just miss out. Still, this is a good year and only regret was we couldn’t see Richardson more to make sure he is the guy to build around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

We rarely beat Pittsburgh and the Raiders have put 56 points on the Chargers. And we face a much improved Texans team. If we cannot get the running game back to where it should be and depend on Minshew it’s going to a bitter end to this season I hope I am wrong but it may be a long month of games ahead 

Glass half empty I see. 

Steelers - while true the Colts record against them, how does the 2005 Playoff loss to them impact this game?  Or any other win they had over Indy?  Maybe the fact that they’ve lost consecutive games against two win teams tells you more than any game in the Colts / Steelers series. 

Raiders - they rarely beat them?  That dog don’t hunt. The Colts beat them last year, and in 2000 and in 2018.  And I judge nothing in last night - the Chargers have quit. 

Texans - they are improved but have you paid attention?  They are a total MASH unit - so many injuries that are season ending and Stroud is hurt too. 

The Colts are completely capable of losing to all these teams. They are just as capable of going 3-0 as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Not Officially Out:

12. Raiders 6-8, 2-2, 4-5, .491, .400 (@Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

14. Jets 5-8, 1-3, 3-6, .527, .554 (@Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

15. Titans 5-8, 0-3, 3-6, .515, .431 (Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

15. Chargers 5-9, 1-3, 3-6, .527, .385 (Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

Updated OP with results from last night 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shocking, no Davis Mills? They will lose that game IMO which will help us.

And make the Titans draft pick worse which is good. Don’t want them ending up with a top guy like MHJ or Joe Alt in the draft to help out Levis. 

I could also see the Colts losing today to the Steelers since Watt is good to go and Indy can’t seem to run the ball as of late without JT. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

And make the Titans draft pick worse which is good. Don’t want them ending up with a top guy like MHJ or Joe Alt in the draft to help out Levis. 

I could also see the Colts losing today to the Steelers since Watt is good to go and Indy can’t seem to run the ball as of late without JT. 

I think we win today but anything can happen. Steelers offense is bad. Regarding the Titans, yeah, they may end up winning 7 or 8 games. I think Marvin goes Top 5.

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 10-3, 3-2, 6-3, .503, .485 (@Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 9-4, 3-1, 6-3, .402, .325 (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 8-5, 3-1, 6-2, .533, .490 (@Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-5, 4-1, 6-4, .544, .500 (Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns  8-5, 3-2, 5-3, .550, .548 (Bears,

@Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bengals 8-6, 0-4, 3-6, .556, .516 (@Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

7. Steelers 7-6, 3-1, 5-4, .509, .516 (@Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

Still in Hunt:

8. Colts 7-6, 3-2, 5-4, .473, .407 (Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

9. Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4, .479, .484 (@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

10. Broncos 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .497, .505 (@Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

11. Bills 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .485, .462 (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

Updated OP pre Colts game.

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 23- post Colts game week 15

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-5, 4-1, 6-4(Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 8-6 , 3-2, 6-4(@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4(@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 5-8, 0-3, 3-6(Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Ravens 10-3, 3-2, 6-3, .503, .485 (@Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

2. Dolphins 9-4, 3-1, 6-3, .402, .325 (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

3. Chiefs 8-5, 3-1, 6-2, .533, .490 (@Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-5, 4-1, 6-4, .544, .500 (Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns  8-5, 3-2, 5-3, .550, .548 (Bears,

@Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Bengals 8-6, 0-4, 3-6, .556, .516 (@Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

7. Colts 8-6, 3-2, 6-4, .473, .407 (@Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Still in Hunt:

8. Texans 7-6, 1-2, 4-4, .479, .484 (@Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

9. Broncos 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .497, .505 (@Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bills 7-6, 2-2, 4-5, .485, .462 (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

11. Steelers 7-7, 3-1, 5-5, .509, .516 (Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

Updated OP post Colts game 

With that we are currently in the 7th seed as Bengals have H2H with 2 team tie.

Should move up if more teams are at 8-6.

If Ravens beat Jaguars we are tied for the division. Just play one game better over last 3 than Jags for division title and hone game.

• Like 1