DeForest Buckner

Grover Stewart

Quinton Nelson

Braden Smith

Rock Ya-Sin

Bernard Raimann

Bobby Okereke

Josh Downs

There’s 11 for starters.   There are others where it’s too early to know either way, but your question is easy to answer. 

Do you follow the Colts much? 

I'm not going to show any disrespect but adding JT to the list who we couldn't get rid of and sign him to a cry baby contract is not considered a play maker. Buckner, Grove and hopefully Downs I agree with and maybe Pittman. lol

3 hours ago, EasyE said:

I'm not going to show any disrespect but adding JT to the list who we couldn't get rid of and sign him to a cry baby contract is not considered a play maker. Buckner, Grove and hopefully Downs I agree with and maybe Pittman. lol

You’ve now made two posts to me and I don’t think we agree on anything.   So, we’ll just agree to disagree and move in from there.   

On 11/13/2023 at 7:31 PM, w87r said:

Yeah, but it pushes the other $4m to 2025.

If we were to release him, this is most likely the scenario on Leonard.(designated June 1st cut)

I think we can probably trade him to the Bears though, if that is the direction we choose to take.

Cap relief is no different on a trade vs release.

Looked at the Bears and they actually have a very good WILL so am ruling out the Bears.

Detroit Lions.  They drafted Jack Campbell and have high hopes for him to succeed at WILL but thought he was a true MLB in college.  Not interested/true need nor do they offer upside in the way of draft picks.  

My top trade team is the Arizona Cardinals.  Seems they moved away from a 3-4 base and now use a 4-3 type base and their WILL is horrible.  Leonard would be an immediate upgrade for them plus the team has availabile cap space.  More importantly the draft capital for trade.  Offer Leonard for this year’s second and one of their thirds. 

5 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Looked at the Bears and they actually have a very good WILL so am ruling out the Bears.

Detroit Lions.  They drafted Jack Campbell and have high hopes for him to succeed at WILL but thought he was a true MLB in college.  Not interested/true need nor do they offer upside in the way of draft picks.  

My top trade team is the Arizona Cardinals.  Seems they moved away from a 3-4 base and now use a 4-3 type base and their WILL is horrible.  Leonard would be an immediate upgrade for them plus the team has availabile cap space.  More importantly the draft capital for trade.  Offer Leonard for this year’s second and one of their thirds. 

Wish you were the Cardinals GM!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EasyE said:

Leonard is one of my favorite players. But I feel displeased with his play. He is speaking out cause he knows big contract is up! He needing the next big payday.

I am not sure I follow you here. We usually agree on most things, but Leonard is still under a huge contract for the next 3 years (2024-2026) and getting paid huge.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jonathan Taylor

Darius Leonard

Michael Pittman

DeForest Buckner

Grover Stewart

Quinton Nelson

Braden Smith

Rock Ya-Sin

Bernard Raimann

Bobby Okereke

Josh Downs

There’s 11 for starters.   There are others where it’s too early to know either way, but your question is easy to answer. 

Do you follow the Colts much? 

If we are talking overall and not just the draft, include Gilmore, Houston, Moore, Gay, and Rivers to that list.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OhioColt said:

If the cap hit is the same, trade or release, other teams will force Colts' hand to avoid draft pick loss. I would, if I was an opposing GM and if I wanted a LB badly, I would hit the draft as a cheap option. No one will take on his contract, so a release is the only outcome if the Colts want to part ways. Leonard probably has to sign a 1 year "Show me" contract somewhere moving forward before he can get another big pay day IF the Colts release him at the end of the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

If the cap hit is the same, trade or release, other teams will force Colts' hand to avoid draft pick loss. I would, if I was an opposing GM and if I wanted a LB badly, I would hit the draft as a cheap option. No one will take on his contract, so a release is the only outcome if the Colts want to part ways. Leonard probably has to sign a 1 year "Show me" contract somewhere moving forward before he can get another big pay day IF the Colts release him at the end of the season.

Wishful thinking is one thing, but I do agree that is what majority of the Clubs hold out for is a team to release a known player rather than giving up draft picks.  Back to basics is our new DC and system don't match up well with Leonard's role anymore even considering his injury/recovery playing time. Something obviously needs to happen for Leonard to succeed be it a new DC and system to match or another team that plays the same position more than what we do now.  

12 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Wish you were the Cardinals GM!

One can dream but can always hope a draftee is better than what they have now versus a proven Leonard as a known including all his baggage if you WILL.  Now I did try to be fair on a trade compensation using old data from Khalil Mack trade and devalued it to a point.  In all seriousness look at what the Cardinals have in draft picks (Drafttek trade value chart), the Cardinals are primed with multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks that would love to trade and acquire as I do see a lot of value in this year's draft class to add extra picks.  Better than trading back in Round 1 imho as no team right now equates to much in terms of equal trade value for a 2nd round pick at the moment. 

On 11/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, 1959Colts said:

I see for 2024 on https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/indianapolis-colts  changing to "post Jun 1 cut" 

lowers the dead money from $8 million to $4 million

and the cap savings goes from 12 million to 16 million

Damn that’s even better we can give him the chance to show something in mini camp/training camp and if he still looking like he isn’t looking like (Darius) Leonard might be time to part ways. Unfortunately it’s a business and I tend to always side with the team and what’s best for the team. Since players come and go but the shoe is the shoe 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:05 AM, NewColtsFan said:

You’ve now made two posts to me and I don’t think we agree on anything.   So, we’ll just agree to disagree and move in from there.   

I was talking trash out of my behind! I have buddies that are die hard Bear fans that are lurkers on this forum. I was trying to bring them out. Everyone that has read my past comments know I was in favor of Colts signing JT to new contract. I'm excited it was done. @2006Coltsbestever same thing about Leonard. I wear a Leonard jersey to work twice a week. I'm a Colts fan of every player. I was testing on these comments. My bad, it didn't bring out the lurkers. But they know who they are and they upset cause Colts are a better team than the Colts. Go Colts!!

• Thanks 1