Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#8 Saints @ Colts, Sunday, October 28, 2023, 1PM ET

NFLfan

Saints @ Colts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Colts to win or to tank?

• Win, of course.
    • Lose (Tank). I want the Colts to maximize their chances of drafting any player we want, maybe Marvin's son.
    • I don't care. I am here for the entertainment.
  2. 2. Last week, the Colts scored a whopping 38 points against the formerly vaunted Browns defense! How many points will they score in this game?

• 13 or less
    • 14 to 26
    • 27 to 37
    • 38 or more.
  3. 3. Who wins this game?

• The Saints
    • The Colts
    • This game will end in a tie.
  4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to make any trades before the trade deadline?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2023 at 05:15 PM

Just now, Solid84 said:

Just seems like Steichen don't want to use them much.

There's only so many passes to go around.  We scored 20 points.  That's a lot.  So who cares whether the TEs or the WRs are the people getting the yards/points? Again, there's only so many passes to go around, and MPJ and Downs are having good games, as well as the RBs.  

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Throw a pass like that to Downs, it is probably a TD because he catches it in stride. Down 21-20 at Half. Another one of these games, OH BOY!

Good game!

Other games

Houston 7, Carolina 6

Vikes 10, GB 3

Dallas 33, Rams 9

Jacksonville 9, Pitt 3

Jets 7, Giants 3

Tenn 14, Atlanta 3 Levis with 2TDs to D. Hopkins

Commanders 17, Eagles 10

Patriots 7, and Dolphins 17, Dolphins just fumbles it away beginning of 2nd half

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

There's only so many passes to go around.  We scored 20 points.  That's a lot.  So who cares whether the TEs or the WRs are the people getting the yards/points? Again, there's only so many passes to go around, and MPJ and Downs are having good games, as well as the RBs.  

I know we score, but when one of our WRs can't make a play to save his career maybe use one of our promising TEs every now and then?

I know they get a lot of blocking snaps, but break one off the line every now and then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Offense, not too shabby. 20 points in the first half.

Defense? Missing Stewart and our starting CBs is showing. Inexperience is obvious. I’ve never loved Gus Bradley’s schemes. I think he’s gone at seasons end.

ballard likes the soft zone, he likes gus

Just now, Solid84 said:

I know we score, but when one of our WRs can't make a play to save his career maybe use one of our promising TEs every now and then?

I know they get a lot of blocking snaps, but break one off the line every now and then.

They did on one play and Minshew overthrew him.  

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have seen so many people go well portage is only in his 3nd year. Well then how do you explain Downs being a rookie. You either have it or you don’t.

Pierce is actually only in year 2. Most of the time it takes a WR 2 or 3 seasons to get good. Reggie Wayne wasn't any good until season 3 and he had Peyton Manning.

• Thanks 1

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballard just didnt get gus elite talent

Leonard was elite

Buckner is elite

Grover is elite

Kenny Moore is playing as good as any other slot corner.

but the defense has other holes that are gaping. 

24 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Wasn’t it just 17-3 Colts?

It was 17-7 then the Saints scored 2 touchdowns to take the lead but we kicked a field goal to shrink their lead to 1.

The radio announcers are saying that Gardner Minshew has never beaten the Saints, but I think that changes today!

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Funny..the only detail you gave was Levis...I sense a motive? Maybe trolling?

Mainly because someone was making a claim earlier on here that Levis would struggle this weekend because he has a bad supporting cast in the Titans…

You know… Henry and Hopkins are a bad supporting cast…

2 minutes ago, AKB said:

Leonard was elite

Buckner is elite

Grover is elite

Kenny Moore is playing as good as any other slot corner.

but the defense has other holes that are gaping. 

Franklin is elite too.  They don’t have a star pass rusher and it shows.  Add in injuries to your top two corners and Grover’s suspension and this is what you get.

Worth mentioning as well two of the guys we listed as elite aren’t playing right now and another one is still trying to work back from injury.  So it’s Buckner and Moore and a bunch of guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

They did on one play and Minshew overthrew him.  

Yeah to Ogletree.

TE targets.

Week 5 - 6

Week 6 - 4

Week 7 - 2

Week 8 one so far...

For a team drafting athletic TEs we sure don't use them much in the passing game.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Funny..the only detail you gave was Levis...I sense a motive? Maybe trolling?

No, not at all. Earlier this week some of us were commenting that Levis will start his first game. So, I mentioned how he is doing.

I was also going to write that Davito was quarterbacking for the Giants but I did not think anyone would know him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I think that pass was just as much on Minshew as it was Pierce, if not slightly more.

Absolutely not. Minshew threw the ball based on how fast Pierce was running and as soon as the ball left his hand, Pierce throttled down, which completely threw off the timing.

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I have seen so many people go well portage is only in his 3nd year. Well then how do you explain Downs being a rookie. You either have it or you don’t.

Pierce is in his 2nd year. He was drafted in 2022.

Pierce came in as deep ball, contested catch WR that ran a limited route tree and needed a lot of work on the technical side. One of my favorite things about Downs as a prospect was how advanced he was technically and as a route runner. They just came in with varying strengths and weaknesses, but Downs is just the more technically sound WR and Pierce was way more raw when we drafted him.

That said, I haven't been impressed with Pierce or his development so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Franklin is elite too.  They don’t have a star pass rusher and it shows.  Add in injuries to your top two corners and Grover’s suspension and this is what you get.

Franklin has been decidedly average this season. Lots of tackles, but also plenty of missed tackles. He's a liability in coverage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can’t have CB kept going down with injuries and expect bad things not to happen. The mistake Ballard made was not going and finding anyone when Rodgers got suspended.

So true but Gus has to help them by applying SOME pressure....  You can't give free reign off the line to opposing receivers with 10 yd cushions AND allow the qb to play pitch and catch!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Solid84 said:

Franklin has been decidedly average this season. Lots of tackles, but also plenty of missed tackles. He's a liability in coverage.

he's an elite tackler, physical backer, I wouldn't put him up there with what Leonard was doing though, because you had all the turnovers plus tackles

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No, not at all. Some of us earlier this week were commenting that Levis will start his first game. So, I mentioned how he is doing.

I was also going to write that Davito was quarterbacking for the Giants but I did not think anyone would know him

Yep...sure. you got it GIF by Jeopardy!

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Franklin is not elite. He's a good tackler.

He grades out 61/83 LB's currently.

• Like 1