Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week#8 Saints @ Colts, Sunday, October 28, 2023, 1PM ET

NFLfan

Saints @ Colts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Colts to win or to tank?

• Win, of course.
    • Lose (Tank). I want the Colts to maximize their chances of drafting any player we want, maybe Marvin's son.
    • I don't care. I am here for the entertainment.
  2. 2. Last week, the Colts scored a whopping 38 points against the formerly vaunted Browns defense! How many points will they score in this game?

• 13 or less
    • 14 to 26
    • 27 to 37
    • 38 or more.
  3. 3. Who wins this game?

• The Saints
    • The Colts
    • This game will end in a tie.
  4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to make any trades before the trade deadline?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2023 at 05:15 PM

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't think we need to fire anyone right now.

We lost:

• Starting CB Rodgers to an indefinite suspension.
  • Starting CB Flowers to a season-ending injury.
  • Starting CB Brents to a week to week injury.
  • Starting NT Stewart for 6 games due to PEDs.

That's a LOT of injuries in the secondary and once you get down to your CB3 and practice-squad guys, it'll usually be pretty ugly. When we had Stewart playing, our run defense was better and when Flowers and Brents were out there, our pass defense was solid. Jones has been really good for a rookie CB and I think him and Brents are our future starting CBs.

Most of us knew expectations for this team weren't going to be high this season with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and a young defensive secondary. When healthy, we have a pretty talented young roster. I'm not optimistic for this season, but I don't believe Ballard made moves with us being in contention in mind, but to set this team up to be really good in the next year or 2.

oh no, im not saying now, im just saying he is next.

this team has glaring holes in multiple places, roster seems to be consistently built the same way, i am not campaigning for him to be fired, but he has to be next, there is no one else to blame. 

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So they just persistently suck?   I guess I’ll go watch Jacksonville then. 

Yeah many said that about Tennessee in 2019, they had 3 good years but didn't win the Conference or a SB. They bragged about Vrabel, Tannehill, Henry. Jacks isn't going to win Jack either. Not with KC, Baltimore, and Cincy in the conference! My suggestion to you is, become a Swifty Taylor Swift Dancing GIF, root for KC, that is the safe thing to do. You can enjoy every week then. I have a friend of mine that was a diehard Bears fan for years. He told me he grew up watching Vince Evans. I met him back in the late 90's, he bragged about the 1985 team at nauseum. Then around 2003 he switched to the Patriots, he hates the Colts. His name is Tony. Every time I would see him at a SB party I was at, I would call him BANDWAGON TONY. People looked at him like he was an odd ball. I haven't seen him in like 3 years. 3 years, wait a second, I wonder why?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah many said that about Tennessee in 2019, they had 3 good years but didn't win the Conference or a SB. They bragged about Vrabel, Tannehill, Henry. Jacks isn't going to win Jack either. Not with KC, Baltimore, and Cincy in the conference! My suggestion to you is, become a Swifty Taylor Swift Dancing GIF, root for KC, that is the safe thing to do. You can enjoy every week then. I have a friend of mine that was a diehard Bears fan for years. He told me he grew up watching Vince Evans. I met him back in the late 90's, he bragged about the 1985 team at nauseum. Then around 2003 he switched to the Patriots, he hates the Colts. His name is Tony. Every time I would see him at a SB party I was at, I would call him BANDWAGON TONY. People looked at him like he was an odd ball. I haven't seen him in like 3 years. 3 years, wait a second, I wonder why?

CURSE YOU FOR PUTTING HER IN THIS THREAD :flaming:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The difference is our offense is much better this year even with Mustache in there. We aren't losing the rest of our games. I will bet anyone a million dollars we don't.

i think the main point people are getting at is its the same old %

8 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You start the day by asking if we want to win or tank. Then you double down by updating us in a Colts game day thread that Levis is looking good. You are a troll and a Trojan horse.

orlando bloom paris GIF

I don't see you doing anything productive to help the forum. If you want to be helpful, perhaps you will come up with poll questions for these posts.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before the season started I thought wins didn't matter. That is all heard from over half the forum.

well sure, rookie QB, kinda throwaway season anyway

i think we have a better coach, and a brighter future, but the roster mechanics have stayed the same (outside of downs imo)

but yeah, i guess the main point here is, like i said before in the past, when you start trimming the fat, and you get to the last piece of fat left on that steak, its gotta get trimmed too.

in other words, who else? Fire gus? I guess, but then what? Hire another 4-3 guy with the same roster? Convert to a 3-4 start over? Leonard is washed, we have no DT depth, an aging buck and grove, one outside corner, Kenny more who is also aging, and prob gets a 2 year contract. 

Look, while I sing ballards prasises about diamonds in the rough, we also need to be honest about the roster, and in particular the state of our defense.

Ballard is responsible. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is ol' Frankie giving a great locker room speech! Nice win Frank.

time for him to go 0-6 to 6-6 lol

6 minutes ago, AKB said:

well sure, rookie QB, kinda throwaway season anyway

i think we have a better coach, and a brighter future, but the roster mechanics have stayed the same (outside of downs imo)

but yeah, i guess the main point here is, like i said before in the past, when you start trimming the fat, and you get to the last piece of fat left on that steak, its gotta get trimmed too.

in other words, who else? Fire gus? I guess, but then what? Hire another 4-3 guy with the same roster? Convert to a 3-4 start over? Leonard is washed, we have no DT depth, an aging buck and grove, one outside corner, Kenny more who is also aging, and prob gets a 2 year contract. 

Look, while I sing ballards prasises about diamonds in the rough, we also need to be honest about the roster, and in particular the state of our defense.

Ballard is responsible. 

I blame Ballard for several things, but was it his fault Luck retired? Is it his fault that Brents got injured? that Grover failed a drug test? People need to be rational about things and be critical of a someone when it is their fault. Ballard has made mistakes but the piling on 1 guy is childish. Then people say Grigson was 33-15 in his 1st 3 years, well no crap Dick Tracey, he had Andrew Luck. I could go 33-15 with a QB like that. Look at Grigson's record when Andrew wasn't healthy in 2015 and 2016 - he was .500. 

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well, I wouldn't start one by asking ...do you want to win or tank ?

Why don't you contribute some poll ideas instead of calling someone a troll?

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You can block me and continue on with your trolling.

Why would I block you? I did not call you a troll. I don't block anyone.

• Like 1

I blame Ballard for several things, but was it his fault Luck retired? Is it his fault that Brents got injured? that Grover failed a drug test? People need to be rational about things and be critical of a someone when it is their fault. Ballard has made mistakes but the piling on 1 guy is childish. Then people say Grigson was 33-15 in his 1st 3 years, well no crap Dick Tracey, he had Andrew Luck. I could go 33-15 with a QB like that. Look at Grigson's record when Andrew wasn't healthy in 2015 and 2016 - he was .500. 

we are too far past the luck thing to still be blaming that

grover? yes - i could see from miles away as soon as buck or grove went down, we'd have no interior defense. so yes i do blame him 

and brents being injured is only part of the issue, depending on Brown and Baker is almost as bad as the Pryor fiasco. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To her defense, there are many on here that want us to tank to get Marvin. That is probably why she posed the question. Just a guess.

I just took these questions off of threads that I read on this forum.

When I was a teenager, I would say "It takes one to know one." It certainly applies here.

1 minute ago, AKB said:

we are too far past the luck thing to still be blaming that

grover? yes - i could see from miles away as soon as buck or grove went down, we'd have no interior defense. so yes i do blame him 

and brents being injured is only part of the issue, depending on Brown and Baker is almost as bad as the Pryor fiasco. 

Ballard has his hits and misses. He nailed the Downs pick this year, he nailed the Taylor pick, he nailed the Leonard pick, he nailed the Nelson pick. I also think Pittman was a good pick at worse. You can't do much without a great QB. Andy Reid never won a SB until got Pat Mahomes, and Pat is on my Mt Rushmore with Brady, Montana, and Peyton.

Look at the all the years Tennessee was good 2019-2022, they had Henry, good O.Line, good defense, but a QB that was average. They wasted Henry's prime years.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So u can laugh now at my prediction when Richardson went down. I  predicted many losses and maybe a top 5 pick and that this roster would get exposed. This defensive scheme needs to go. Bradley needs to go and Ballard with him. Remember, I said years back that the Colts would never win a title with Ballard as GM? His drafting style is flawed as is his choice of a  defensive scheme. He is actually way behind the times when it comes to team building. Time to go!!!

I am with you on this. Ballard is an average gm at best who can sell snake oil with his polished talk but this team is stuck in mediocrity! Several teams have come up quickly in Ballard's now 8 yr tenure as we stay stuck on wash, spin and cycle again. The new scapegoat will be Shane even though Gus's defensive scheme is outdated in this passing league minus the secondary and front line dominant players.... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard has his hits and misses. He nailed the Downs pick this year, he nailed the Taylor pick, he nailed the Leonard pick, he nailed the Nelson pick. I also think Pittman was a good pick at worse. You can't do much without a great QB. Andy Reid never won a SB until got Pat Mahomes, and Pat is on my Mt Rushmore with Brady, Montana, and Peyton.

Look at the all the years Tennessee was good 2019-2022, they had Henry, good O.Line, good defense, but a QB that was average. They wasted Henry's prime years.

most GMs hit on players right. that isn't the point that fans are making when they complain about ballard

we are complaining about overall roster mechanics. 

he preaches trenches, but for the most part our trenches struggle. we have seen an improvement on the oline, but our defense has no depth. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AKB said:

most GMs hit on players right. that isn't the point that fans are making when they complain about ballard

we are complaining about overall roster mechanics. 

he preaches trenches, but for the most part our trenches struggle. we have seen an improvement on the oline, but our defense has no depth. 

I get it, we need to hit on more Corners and we have yet to land an edge rusher like Freeney. Drafting an edge rusher like Freeney was, it would be like to hit the lottery. 

The way our fan base talks about Ballard, if I was him, I would just step down but he probably doesn't read Colts websites is my guess. Let someone else run it without a great QB, you and others will get the same vibes. I think AR can be good, for our sake I hope he is.

I get it, we need to hit on more Corners and we have yet to land an edge rusher like Freeney. Drafting an edge rusher like Freeney was, it would be like to hit the lottery. 

The way our fan base talks about Ballard, if I was him, I would just step down but he probably doesn't read Colts websites is my guess. Let someone else run it without a great QB, you and others will get the same vibes. I think AR can be good, for our sake I hope he is.

pass rush and sacks have not been the issue. 

it has been run defense, situational defense, and corners losing 1on1. 

its easy to blame it on lottery and chance, but the reality is multiple other teams have gone through a rebuild, and even swapped to different schemes twice in ballard's tenure. 

Take a look at the dolphins, jets, jaguars, lions

that's just 4teams that pop to mind. Ten's GM was fired before ballard and he accomplished more in his limited time frame. 

I am not saying lets fire him right now, but at what point do we fire him? a lot of the excuses being passed around for him manyt other teams deal with the same, or similar things, and have managed. 

to perpetually have the same issue, is the issue. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AKB said:

pass rush and sacks have not been the issue. 

it has been run defense, situational defense, and corners losing 1on1. 

its easy to blame it on lottery and chance, but the reality is multiple other teams have gone through a rebuild, and even swapped to different schemes twice in ballard's tenure. 

Take a look at the dolphins, jets, jaguars, lions

that's just 4teams that pop to mind. Ten's GM was fired before ballard and he accomplished more in his limited time frame. 

I am not saying lets fire him right now, but at what point do we fire him? a lot of the excuses being passed around for him manyt other teams deal with the same, or similar things, and have managed. 

to perpetually have the same issue, is the issue. 

The teams you mentioned have been picking high in the draft for years. Not until this year the Lions are relevant and the Jags got lucky- they were able to draft Lawrence. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The teams you mentioned have been picking high in the draft for years. Not until this year the Lions are relevant and the Jags got lucky- they were able to draft Lawrence. 

well the lions in particular started a rebuild with campbell, and thus far has been better than what we've fielded.

also we haven't been drafting in the late 20s or last? we've ben 15 and up for a while, don't forget we have not won the division in almost 10 years. 

so what's the point you are trying to make? those teams got lucky? 

no they didn't. when they did draft high, they chose premium positions. The jets for example, Gardner, Williams, they also just took an edge rusher, forgot his name. Whilst also consistently seeking out high end FAs

the lions have mainly done it via culture shift, but the players they have taken high have worked out, such as hutchinson. 

we took Paye and Dayo back to back, that wasn't a low pick, both were higher picks. we just picked 4th and took AR, which I like, but the argument is there about Levis and trading down.

at the end of the day you can split this and look at it so many different ways, but the reality is we are just barely treading water. This roster has not improved year over year, while other teams have.

take Lawerence off the jags, and put minshew on their team, and that roster is still far ahead of ours. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AKB said:

well the lions in particular started a rebuild with campbell, and thus far has been better than what we've fielded.

also we haven't been drafting in the late 20s or last? we've ben 15 and up for a while, don't forget we have not won the division in almost 10 years. 

so what's the point you are trying to make? those teams got lucky? 

no they didn't. when they did draft high, they chose premium positions. The jets for example, Gardner, Williams, they also just took an edge rusher, forgot his name. Whilst also consistently seeking out high end FAs

the lions have mainly done it via culture shift, but the players they have taken high have worked out, such as hutchinson. 

we took Paye and Dayo back to back, that wasn't a low pick, both were higher picks. we just picked 4th and took AR, which I like, but the argument is there about Levis and trading down.

at the end of the day you can split this and look at it so many different ways, but the reality is we are just barely treading water. This roster has not improved year over year, while other teams have.

take Lawerence off the jags, and put minshew on their team, and that roster is still far ahead of ours. 

I am not saying that GM's that have built decent rosters that luck is the only factor involved. Luck has a lot to do with it and where you pick though. Cincy would not even be relevant had they not had the #1 pick in 2020 to get Burrow. The Jets haven't won a playoff game since 2010 and have picked high since then almost every year. The Jags have been picking high for over a decade, they got lucky to get Lawrence because they picked #1 in the draft. The Lions haven't won a playoff game since 1991, they are just now relevant. I am not sure what your point is? Other than get rid of Ballard and bring in someone new. My point is, you can't win anything big without a great, at least very good  franchise QB. I bring up Tennessee from 2019-2022 as a great example. Their GM nailed many picks but not getting the right QB. Ballard has never been a position to pick #1 with a Luck, Burrow, or Lawrence coming out. So what do you suggest? Fire Ballard?

• NFLfan unfeatured and locked this topic