Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Qb's

Knuckles79

Is it me are have we been jinxed at the qb position since letting Manning go? We had a great player in Andrew Luck with a shorten career due to multiple injuries and Mentally a good player in Carson Wentz that collapsed mentally and now AR with Multiple injuries to begin his career! When will the Qb problems end.  For the record I do believe AR could be the answer but dang it feels like we got our own Babe Ruth jinxs

8 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

Is it me are have we been jinxed at the qb position since letting Manning go? We had a great player in Andrew Luck with a shorten career due to multiple injuries and Mentally a good player in Carson Wentz that collapsed mentally and now AR with Multiple injuries to begin his career! When will the Qb problems end.  For the record I do believe AR could be the answer but dang it feels like we got our own Babe Ruth jinxs

It's  just you lol

• Like 4

All organizations go through this. Before Bledsoe and Brady the Patriots were flailing except for that time they got murdered in ‘85 against the Bears… 

There was a time period between Starr and Favre with the Packers… The 49ers did nothing until Montana and Young, and then struggled afterwards when they left. 

Look how long it took for the Chiefs to get their superstar QB? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Knuckles79 said:

If the Colts are cursed at QB.....what do you think Bears fans think about their QB history 

The "band-aid" approach to the QB position the past several seasons simply has not worked out.

The demise of Andrew Luck's career can be traced to our former GM - who played offensive line in the NFL - but - drafted only one significant offensive lineman in his tenure - C Ryan Kelly.

No quality linemen = QB demise - no matter what your name is.

30 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

The "band-aid" approach to the QB position the past several seasons simply has not worked out.

The demise of Andrew Luck's career can be traced to our former GM - who played offensive line in the NFL - but - drafted only one significant offensive lineman in his tenure - C Ryan Kelly.

No quality linemen = QB demise - no matter what your name is.

To be fair, he did try on the offensive line via draft and FA, maybe even trade?  Hugh Thornton and Khaled Holmes were 3rd/4th round I think, Gosder Cherilus was made like the highest paid RT or something, the guy from the Pats who blew up his quad before ever playing a snap for us(David something maybe?) was supposed to be pretty good.  Grigs just sucked really bad at picking the right guys on the OL.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Knuckles79 said:

Not at all.   We have only drafted 1 starting qb since luck retired.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:03 PM, Knuckles79 said:

Yeah, man we just were real fortunate.  Most orgs have QB issues most of the time.   We are just one of the hoi polloi now. 

On 10/25/2023 at 4:34 AM, Knuckles79 said:

Of all the names you mentioned only 1 was after Manning.  I clearly stated after letting Manning .

Luck was a stud.  Even though he retired early.  We also had a good year from RIvers and some will have a coniption fit but also Wentz. 

On 10/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, RollerColt said:

The final circle of hell.

I was a Bears Fan growing up, and my poor baby brother followed in my footbsteps and has been suffereing as a Bears fan for a long time.   They just can't get a QB.  I don't know if it was you said it, but it's true.  Sid Luckman lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not at all.   We have only drafted 1 starting qb since luck retired.

So Andrew retires because of injuries and also sustained a throwing shoulder injury. Now the next high drafted Qb AR has already been riddled with injuries in year one and now also has a injury to his throwing shoulder. It's just seems to me the luck sure hasn't been on our side.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Knuckles79 said:

It's a jersey number curse! Minshew is wearing 10. It's the Trudeau karma. And Richardson is wearing 5. That's Blair Kiel's karma. 🤣

On 10/25/2023 at 7:42 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

If the Colts are cursed at QB.....what do you think Bears fans think about their QB history 

I was going to joke that bagent will be their savior.  I do like his moxy but they are getting Caleb Williams next year. 

54 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I was going to joke that bagent will be their savior.  I do like his moxy but they are getting Caleb Williams next year. 

They can have Williams. I think he's going to be a financial headache. He and his father have already said there are certain teams he won't play for and they hinted they want to be a partial owner of what ever team drafts him . I think they walked that back a bit because of the backlash.