Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, IanColts22 said:

I've always felt games are setup.   Games that don't matter much like this one.  Colts lost starting QB won't do much this season.  Im glad we lost though I prefer the Colts to hopefully get a Top 3 pick in next year draft.  We need to get Marvin Harrison JR or draft another QB the front office has any doubts that AR can't come back from throwing shoulder surgery.

Do you see anyone in the 2025, 2026, 2027 upcoming drafts you'd like to tank for?

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Sounding a little upset he doesn't have an extension yet.

He isn't lying though. Outside of that play he didn't really do anything. Had 4 targets up till then.

Maybe he isn't a big part? Disappointing to hear him voice it to the media though.

Nate goes read the article before speculating lol. I am sure it’s click bait. Nate is just the worst.

1 minute ago, Dunk said:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2743903

Wouldn't let me paste the article. Same story at theScore

That does sound pretty bad. Be happy for your team mate. Especially when colts offense looked that good.  I think that could be the one reason he leaves. But he needs to be careful because you could put yourself on a bad team.

• Like 1

This is an interesting stat Colts are the only team to score at least 20 points In every game. If the secondary was at least decent we’d have a winning record at the moment. Improving this secondary should be one of the top priorities this off-season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lol!     We’re not going down this rabbit hole again!   You and I have debated this for nearly 6 years. 

You wouldn’t give Ballard any credit for drafting Nelson and Leonard and Smith in his 2018 draft.   And you refused to in 19 and 20 and 21 when Q and Shaq were both on Hall of Fame paths.   Nothing mattered to you.   So we’re not going down this again.   

So I’ll simply leave it at this….   Odds are the Colts aren’t going to have a great enough season this year that Shane Steichen is going to be rewarded with the kind of power you suggest.   Not after one year.   And it would be the worst possible thing he could do if he tried to get more power and tries to shove Ballard out the door.   You do a massive amount of projection.   You think things are going to happen a certain way because that’s what you’d do if given the opportunity.   

Not only don’t you give Ballard enough credit, but you don’t give Irsay enough credit either. 

By the way….  What has happened in the last two months to make you flip-flop on Ballard?   You spent all the off-season saying you were going to support Ballard and cut him some slack this year.   So what has happened in the first 7 weeks for you to do a 180 and hate Ballard once again?   This I’d like to know.  

I said i would give him a 2nd chance, however no players are developing to where I think they should be based on where they were drafted. I also dont agree with resigning Taylor. I dont give a GM credit for drafting a generational guard and then oh my god, he becomes all pro. I dont think I ever said I didnt give him credit for drafting Leonard. I just dont value Leonard nearly as much as others on this forum. I said it way back that the linebacker in this defense is replaceable, ala Franklin, with modest draft capital. I said i would have traded Darius and would not have extended him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That does sound pretty bad. Be happy for your team mate. Especially when colts offense looked that good.  I think that could be the one reason he leaves. But he needs to be careful because you could put yourself on a bad team.

He is used to being the focus in the passing game.  Minshew is spreading the ball around more than Wentz and Ryan.

He had another opportunity to score, but dropped a tough catch. Late 3rd, early fourth quarter?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It does, huge bummer….but he’s right, not being given enough targets and being assigned  to other duties when you’re a receiver that is known to win 50/50 catches would get old fast. I mean, even if he’s not getting targets he’s still tying up other teams corners, he’s helping other receivers shine, too bad he just doesn’t  see it that way. Hope they get it figured out. 

@Kyle and all you other non believers you may just get your wish. He’ll ball out somewhere else with the right QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

It does, huge bummer….but he’s right, not being given enough targets and being assigned  to other duties when you’re a receiver that is known to win 50/50 catches would get old fast. I mean, even if he’s not getting targets he’s still tying up other teams corners, he’s helping other receivers shine, too bad he just does t see it that way. Hope they get it figured out. 

@Kyle and all you other non believers you may just get your wish. He’ll ball out somewhere else with the right QB.

Sometimes your not going to get many targets. It happens. Colts offense was moving the ball. Be happy for downs he is your team mate. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

It does, huge bummer….but he’s right, not being given enough targets and being assigned  to other duties when you’re a receiver that is known to win 50/50 catches would get old fast. Hope they get it figured out.

I want to keep Pitt. 

I would be interested to know how many catches he has made on third down to move the chains in his career.

His downfield blocking is also something that is hard to replace.

• Like 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sometimes your not going to get many targets. It happens. Colts offense was moving the ball. Be happy for downs he is your team mate. 

I get it. I’m sure he’s happy for him. At the same time, especially on a contract year, he wants to showcase his abilities and help the team win, and a lot of people don’t look at everything else he does/has done, just his current yardage and touchdown count. It is what it is, he’ll be fine either way I’m sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I said i would give him a 2nd chance, however no players are developing to where I think they should be based on where they were drafted. I also dont agree with resigning Taylor. I dont give a GM credit for drafting a generational guard and then oh my god, he becomes all pro. I dont think I ever said I didnt give him credit for drafting Leonard. I just dont value Leonard nearly as much as others on this forum. I said it way back that the linebacker in this defense is replaceable, ala Franklin, with modest draft capital. I said i would have traded Darius and would not have extended him.

Of course.   You didn’t tell me one thing you haven’t already said countless times in the last 5+ years.    Exactly why I said we’re not going down that rabbit hole again.   

But what you didn’t respond to was my last paragraph.   You spent the off-season saying you were going to back-off from attacking Ballard.  The season is 7 weeks old and the team is doing iretty well, all things considered, but yet you’ve now done a 180 and you’re back to bashing Ballard.   I’m simply asking you you — why?    

What’s changed?   Why are bashing Ballard again when you spent months saying you wouldn’t?    Inquiring minds want to know.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

This is an interesting stat Colts are the only team to score at least 20 points In every game. If the secondary was at least decent we’d have a winning record at the moment. Improving this secondary should be one of the top priorities this off-season. 

Maybe he brings in a corner at the trade deadline.  

13 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I want to keep Pitt. 

I would be interested to know how many catches he has made on third down to move the chains in his career.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Plus he's on pace to have more targets than he has ever had this year, currently.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

32 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I want to keep Pitt. 

Scratch that.

That is just 1st downs total. Didn't see the 3rd down qualifier initially.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=104&year=

This year he has 6 so far.

Downs has 9.

May or may not reflect yesterday's game. Downs added a couple more.

In 2021 he had 19 first downs on 25 3rd down catches.

https://thehuddle.com/2022/02/17/kings-of-third-down-wide-receivers/

Only 2 years I could find on quick search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Scratch that.

That is just 1st downs total. Didn't see the 3rd down qualifier initially.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=104&year=

This year he has 6 so far.

Downs has 9.

May or may not reflect yesterday's game. Downs added a couple more.

In 2021 he had 19 first downs on 25 3rd down catches.

https://thehuddle.com/2022/02/17/kings-of-third-down-wide-receivers/

Only 2 years I could find on quick search.

Appreciate the numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Haven't spoke to much on the game, couple random thoughts here or there.

1. Our offense looked really good against a team that had allowed the fewest yards(1002yds) in first 5 games since 1971(Colts 836yds). And 3rd lowest ever behind 71 Colts and 70 Vikings (945yds)

2. Gardner needs to have better pocket awareness and internal clock. Outside of that he played extremely well.

3. I like that Freeland has been able to gain some much needed experience and reps( 4 starts both Tackle spots), but hopefully we get Smith back this week.

4. Myles Garrett is a beast.

5. I thought our WRs did great. Downs and Pierce made most the plays early, then Pittman makes the big one later in the game. (Still wouldn't mind adding another guy to the fold)

6. Speaking of Pittman, that is the type of play he needs to be making on a much more consistent basis. Forgive me, but 1 play isn't changing my mind on him(call me a hater if you want). Just hitting his average. TD every 4 games. He was pretty much non existent the rest of the game. (1 catch in 4 other targets) did have a good block on one on Minshew's rush TDs.

7. Baker should of been cut when he got benched. Should of never been able to see the field for us again. He was getting abused before the questionable calls. Bottom line is he was out of position on both plays. 1st one shouldn't of been called, but he was out of position which made it possible for an official to think he saw something. The 2nd one in the back of the end zone was uncatchable, but Baker was holding WR all across the back line. I'm sure that happened before the ball was in the air. So it shouldn't of been defensive pass interference, it should of been defensive holding. Which wouldn't of put the ball at the 1 either, would of been 1/2 the distance. Anyway, that doesn't happen if the other call wasn't made. If Baker remains on this team, I will be thoroughly disappointed. Literally any option is better. Bring Speed up, he can't be worse.

8. I'm just along for the ride this year, I'm not letting the game get me to up or to down. Still think we can make some noice. Yesterday helped with that, despite the loss.

9. Taylor is rounding into game shape. Should be a fun rest of the season, regardless what happens.

10. TEs we're for sure non existent. 1 rec for -6yds. A whiff chip by Ogletree on Garrett on the play for the TD.

11. Rush defense was very good for missing Grover. Outside of that 69yd Ford TD, the Browns had 32 carries for 81yds. Under 3yds a carry. Ford had 10 more carries after that for 5yds.

On to the Saints.

Thanks for giving us a post worth reading.

I did like Ogletrees chip and Johnson was pretty stout in for Grove.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Thanks for giving us a post worth reading.

I did like Ogletrees chip and Johnson was pretty stout in for Grove.

I thought he could of gave a little better hit with that chip, needed to push him further outside, so Freeland had little more time to get back.

Hopefully Johnson is ok, got hurt at the end.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhhh….   The deep insight from Captain Conspiracy Theory!!    

It's not that deep, as many think that way, especially the ones that aren't blind and naive. 

Recheck former NBA ref Donnelly, I think that's his name, on instructions from the league. NFL is similar by many if not a majority of opinions. 

But like I've said before, I'll say it again.....I've been mostly right on the colts all these years while you, to put it nicely Haven't. haha

And btw, you yourself said the colts are tanking this season!!! :thinking:........as if this year is different than most other years. :funny:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, w87r said:

2. Gardner needs to have better pocket awareness and internal clock. Outside of that he played extremely well.

This may or may not be true.  His clock looked great to me in this game.  The only sack/fumble that would be internal clock related is the last one which was inconsequential really.  The game was over, he's waiting to throw downfield.

The Garrent Sack/Fumble/TD he bascially spints straight to GM, he tries to get rid of it without grounding for a safety.  He was really unlucky there.  You Have to rely on your TE and RT to slow the guy down at least some.  This play is totally on Ogletree and Freeland IMO with almost no culpability from GM.  He's tring to avoid a safety and is unlucky.  Only way to avoid this fumble was to turn away and take the safety.

The other Garrett Sack Fumble, is on Raimann completely.  He gets beat so badly that GM has no way to "feel" him.  Garrets hands are on him before he sets his back foot.  Zero chance for GM once again.

I get what you are saying, but I think GM was awesome.  These plays were not at all his fault and he was unclucky IMO. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

This may or may not be true.  His clock looked great to me in this game.  The only sack/fumble that would be internal clock related is the last one which was inconsequential really.  The game was over, he's waiting to throw downfield.

Agreed, I was taking the 2 weeks as a whole. He held on the the ball to long last week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I went to the Denver/GB game with two of my best friends visiting from South Carolina yesterday. Finally saw my first game live! 

I had no interest in this game as I figured the Colts would do poorly on offense. I'll give Steichen credit for running the football a lot more. This loss was on Minshew and the refs. That was the script though this week. The NFL is pushing the boundaries to see how much they can get away with, and people are calling them out more and more on their crap. I'll probably try and take advantage of the playoffs again. Right now, I have the Jets making the playoffs, and winning the SB if Rodgers returns in time.

Also picked the Rangers over the Astros last night. Had the series going to 7. Now I'm picking the Astros to finish them off and go to the World Series. Have an Astros/Phillies rematch with the Phillies winning this year.

Good for you on seeing your first live game.....hope you enjoyed. Though seeing a game in front of your big screen has its advantages, I recommend seeing games live at least once in a while. 

You are 100% right on the NFL pushing its boundaries more of what it can get away AND more and more people are seeing it which is nice....but their always be the naive or the ones pretending to not seeing the reality. 

I've been invested much less lately but still make bets. I hope your right on jets, I was a jet fan for 4 plays lol. I'll root for rogers when he returns....the jets need to hang around until he does. 

As a Yankee fan and dislike cheating in baseball I despise the Astros and hope someone beats them.

• Like 1