Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts vs Jags plus injury reports (MERGE)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

13 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Thought I read Raimann and Paye were both out too?

No. They will get final clearance tomorrow. That’s when a doctor will clear them.

13 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

yeah both are out

so both left and right tackles are out.. Def not good for us

No. By the way there is a thread with everything.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Figures, big game and 1/3rd of the roster is hurt

Being a little dramatic, aren’t we?

Smith is out.  We knew AR was out.  We’re in better shape than most of the NFL.  Cheer up, it’s football season!  Enjoy it.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/10/13/indianapolis-colts-jacksonville-jaguars-final-injury-report-nfl-week-6/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

The last time the Colts won in Jacksonville, Coby Fleener caught a TD pass

I could be wrong but I think Gus Bradley might of been the HC. Lol

25 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Zay Jones is out. 

As far as Jags'  run defense: the Titans also are suppose to have a good run defense, and look what happened last week. Moss ran all over them. Reports on paper don't always work out when the game is played. 

Titans actually had their best run defender injured and did not play. Would be like colts losing Grover or Buck.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-mo-alie-cox-ready-for-sunday/

Colts' Mo Alie-Cox: Ready for Sunday

Alie-Cox (concussion) was cleared of his injury designation and will be available Sunday against the Jaguars.

Alie-Cox has seen his playing time slip with the likes of Kylen Granson and Drew Ogletree now healthy. The veteran tight end likely will still mix in on occasion offensively, but it's hard to imagine he'll be a major factor in the passing game.

• Like 1

Just now, 1959Colts said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-mo-alie-cox-ready-for-sunday/

Alie-Cox (concussion) was cleared of his injury designation and will be available Sunday against the Jaguars.

Alie-Cox has seen his playing time slip with the likes of Kylen Granson and Drew Ogletree now healthy. The veteran tight end likely will still mix in on occasion offensively, but it's hard to imagine he'll be a major factor in the passing game.

We will see if he plays. Ogletree cleared too and they chose to inactivate him.

• Thanks 1

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/10/14/23917002/colts-tight-end-mo-alie-cox-clears-concussion-protocol-ahead-of-sundays-game

Colts TE Mo Alie-Cox clears concussion protocol ahead of Sunday’s game

...As one of the Colts’ rotational blocking tight ends, Alie-Cox could be a valuable piece against a Jaguars front seven that contains both Josh Allen and former #1 overall pick Travon Walker off the edge—especially with Indianapolis already being without starting right tackle Braden Smith.

Not to mention, the Jaguars boast a current Top 10 run defense...

10 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I better update the game thread. I wrote that he was out. I will give you credit for noting this.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We will see if he plays. Ogletree cleared too and they chose to inactivate him.

Perhaps. But I bet they count on him to block vs this team with Allen.

Watched the Jags/Bills game from Europe last week. The Bills simply couldn't block Allen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Perhaps. But I bet they count on him to block vs this team with Allen.

Watched the Jags/Bills game from Europe last week. The Bills simply couldn't block Allen.

Yeah Ogletree is the better receiving TE but Mo is still the better blocker and they definitely need him with the back up playing.