Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have ragged on Irsay and Ballard for as long as i remember reading your comments about them. I'm not sure you are a fan of the Colts or not?

I really think you love to find things to whine about no matter what goes on.  I 

If one looks at it objectively, there’s very little the organization has done right for a long time. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Moose is high on AR.  

CC, I know I’m a Colts fan but man we’ve done some dumb stuff and haven’t had much success going on close to a decade now.

I actually joined this board about a week before Luck retired and was totally excited and positive.  Since then, we’ve had a rough time if it and these last couple of seasons have been disastrous and our org just looks terrible.

I really don’t understand what people are looking at if they don’t see that.

I wish people would just talk ball and lose the personal attacks.

I don’t initiate attacks but I also don’t back down from them.

in short there is a lot to whine about lol.

So what you’re saying is we can blame you for Luck retiring since you joined right before? Haha

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s this got to do with JT or the Colts?

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have ragged on Irsay and Ballard for as long as i remember reading your comments about them. I'm not sure you are a fan of the Colts or not?

I really think you love to find things to whine about no matter what goes on.  I 

I think some have been a colts fan long enough to think that any current GM sucks.  If you go back long enough, a person could be a fan of the Colts and also think the current owner sucks.

Many Washington Redskins fans thought that about Snyder and many of the GMs, and I bet many people thought those fans were "more real" Redskins fans because of their negative opinion of the owner or GM.

Being a fan of a team could be divorced from liking the owner and GM....and wish they would both get new jobs elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I see all the media pundits are getting their cheap shots at the Colts and Irsay. Cowherd is one of them....what a clown that dude is. Mr. Flip flop himself.

For real.. everyone is crapping all over the Colts because of this... Even though the raiders are in the same exact position.. with the actual reigning rushing champ.. or am I wrong?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Moose is high on AR.  

CC, I know I’m a Colts fan but man we’ve done some dumb stuff and haven’t had much success going on close to a decade now.

I actually joined this board about a week before Luck retired and was totally excited and positive.  Since then, we’ve had a rough time if it and these last couple of seasons have been disastrous and our org just looks terrible.

I really don’t understand what people are looking at if they don’t see that.

I wish people would just talk ball and lose the personal attacks.

I don’t initiate attacks but I also don’t back down from them.

in short there is a lot to whine about lol.

You're account says you've been here since 2019.   That thing about you always being right has taken a beating in the last 2 hours.   Joker

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

An example as to why stats and rankings could be flawed, and the eye test could be superior.

If true, that Henry is not on the field a lot during pass plays, then I would take it that the coaches think he is not good at pass pro, (superior to both the media and other players opinions).  I would take their word over a data compilation service like PFF who might only have a small sample size for which Henry excelled...you know, did well as pass pro when the defense didn't expect a pass play with Henry on the field.  

Or, he could be off the field during pass plays because the coaches don't think he can catch, and not because of pass pro.

The dynamic with Henry is sort of the same as with JT regarding pass pro.  I would throw them into the same bucket as being untrustworthy pass protectors based upon how the coaches are choosing to use them.

And, if they have catching issues...not saying they do...it would appear that the coaches do not value JTs and Henry's contribution to the passing game as maybe some other RBs.

Has JT been traded for two 5th rounders yet?  LOL.

People don’t understand what makes a good pass protector for a RB.  It’s not size and strength it’s lateral quickness.  You look at ras scored on agilities and both JT and DH are very very low, so there is no way either dude is ever going to be great in pass pro.  It’s just s physical impossibility. 

no trade yet DD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

People don’t understand what makes a good pass protector for a RB.  It’s not size and strength it’s lateral quickness.  You look at ras scored on agilities and both JT and DH are very very low, so there is no way either dude is ever going to be great in pass pro.  It’s just s physical impossibility. 

Having natural forward body lean is also useful.  Edge, Addai, Vic Ballard, Ahmed Bradshaw.  Stand up runners usually engage more upright.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

7 pro bowl players 2 seasons ago says different. 

Honestly the posters who only want to focus on the negative and just pat themselves on the back because they were “right” about something is getting old and adds nothing to the board IMO.  Has Ballard made mistakes running the Colts?  Yes he has.  However, he’s also probably found more overall talent than any GM the Indianapolis Colts have had not named Bill Polian.  You can talk about his faults while still acknowledging his successes.  That’s truly being objective.  Constantly being negative and dismissing any positives because they don’t support an agenda that just wants to talk about the negative is not.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I still believe there’s a 90% chance Taylor resigns with us. Taylor and the team were very far apart on compensation, so they are allowing him to see what he can get elsewhere. The Chargers did the exact same thing with Ekeler. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I still believe there’s a 90% chance Taylor resigns with us. Taylor and the team were very far apart on compensation, so they are allowing him to see what he can get elsewhere. The Chargers did the exact same thing with Ekeler. 

Colts never offered. They wanted to see him healthy first before anything was offered.

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Something I think is funny is the people who say the sky is falling and Richardson is ruined if we trade Taylor. No life goes on and we will find another great QB. Way to dramatic.

I think you mean find another great RB...not QB.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Honestly the posters who only want to focus on the negative and just pat themselves on the back because they were “right” about something is getting old and adds nothing to the board IMO.  Has Ballard made mistakes running the Colts?  Yes he has.  However, he’s also probably found more overall talent than any GM the Indianapolis Colts have had not named Bill Polian.  You can talk about his faults while still acknowledging his successes.  That’s truly being objective.  Constantly being negative and dismissing any positives because they don’t support an agenda that just wants to talk about the negative is not.  

You are essentially saying that posters' negative comments are being driven by negative bias and not objectivity. 

4 and 12, and the Colts generally underperforming expectations season after season, would suggest that coming to the forum with positive bias is rather futile. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

no trade yet DD.

Who are people?  Lateral quickness is great if they need to move.   If it's right in their face it's irrelevant.   Lower body strength, good hand placement,  body leverage.   A lot goes into it.   Lateral quickness is one part

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Who are people?  Lateral quickness is great if they need to move.   If it's right in their face it's irrelevant.   Lower body strength, good hand placement,  body leverage.   A lot goes into it.   Lateral quickness is one part

Ok buddy . Lol.

• Like 1

• w87r locked this topic

Mod Note:

I have went through and cleaned up the thread from 3 hours of back and forth's.

Guilty parties know who you are. Clean it up.

Derailing thread

Discussing moderation(suspensions)

Personal shots

Are all against the rules.

Now continue on, with Jonathan Taylor talk, please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• w87r unlocked this topic
8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sooo hearing rumors the Dolphins have made an initial offer. Source: ESPN news

You may very well be right in the rumors but I don't believe much that ESPN has to say about the Colts.  The Colts have been  ESPNs favorite whipping boys for a while now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Sooo hearing rumors the Dolphins have made an initial offer. Source: ESPN news

This morning I read an article from Miami Herold regarding JT to Dolphins. They mentioned how strapped the Phins are with the salary cap. I suppose it's possible Miami pulls off a trade, but it seems very difficult for them financially.

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

This morning I read an article from Miami Herold regarding JT to Dolphins. They mentioned how strapped the Phins are with the salary cap. I suppose it's possible Miami pulls off a trade, but it seems very difficult for them financially.

They can do it, just going to have to make a lot of big decisions next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

What I like to hear

Offers as in multiple.  Higher than a second?   Like I have been saying.  I think the Colts are going to do very well in any trade if it happens.  He’s a 24 year old playmaker in his prime.  All it takes is one team.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, w87r said:

Mod Note:

I have went through and cleaned up the thread from 3 hours of back and forth's.

Guilty parties know who you are. Clean it up.

Derailing thread

Discussing moderation(suspensions)

Personal shots

Are all against the rules.

Now continue on, with Jonathan Taylor talk, please.

Thanks for this.  I sent you a PM but got a response saying that you can not receive PMs.

• Like 1

Just now, richard pallo said:

Offers as in multiple.  Higher than a second?   Like I have been saying.  I think the Colts are going to do very well in any trade if it happens.  He’s a 24 year old playmaker in his prime.  All it takes is one team.  

The only way we make the trade is if we do well.

Colts just have too much leverage to take a low ball offer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe circumstances changed in two weeks that caused them to change their minds.  That happens all the time in life.  Not a big deal.  Whatever is best for the team.

Irsay is just taking the heat to keep it off Ballard and Steichen.

Taylor isn't needed in our new offense, and especially over the next couple of seasons. We invited him for his physical and he couldn't Man Up for his Team. He now needs to go.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

The only way we make the trade is if we do well.

Colts just have too much leverage to take a low ball offer.

Personally I think the Colts are not really interested in trading JT. They would take an offer they couldn't refuse but imo his value is not what he thinks it is.  Irsay and Ballard knows this and gave him permission because they both know it's highly unlikely a trade would happen. 

• Like 1

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Personally I think the Colts are not really interested in trading JT. They would take an offer they couldn't refuse but imo his value is not what he thinks it is.  Irsay and Ballard knows this and gave him permission because they both know it's highly unlikely a trade would happen. 

The thing is trams might be willing to offer the colts good draft picks but not if they also have to sign him to a extension. So we will see but one side is not going yo get what they want. This entire situation is just sad. 

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree, but if they get the 1st thats reported they are asking for, they will do it.

It was a great move by the Colts to have this process to begin.

• Like 5