Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is It Just Me Or Is The Colts Twitter Team More Positive Than It Used To Be After A Loss?

Boss7894

On 10/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, coming on strong said:

because richardson showed flashes  of being great in the 4th quarter .    when the colts would lose last year we had nothing to look forward to except the draft .  when you have a young talented QB who looks better each week it gives hope .

I agree. Richardson  is flashing  mad potential. Granted  he still has his fair share of doubters particularly  Stat watchers who don't watch the game to gain context.

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

I agree. Richardson  is flashing  mad potential. Granted  he still has his fair share of doubters particularly  Stat watchers who don't watch the game to gain context.

It’s the same thing that happened with josh Allen in 2018 . His passing stats looked average on paper but he flashed in several games .   It’s gonna take until year 3 for Richardson hits his full potential.

7 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Losses are much more easier to accept when you see the potential. We haven’t had that the last several years 

Last year Colts were supposed to be favored by many to win the Division, and fell flat. This year we are supposed to win very few- just develop players for the future (especially AR5), and we’ve been ahead or tied in the 4th quarter in all four of our games.  That’s a significant step towards success.

27 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm surprised no one has bashed Steichen's going for it on fourth down instead of having Matt kick the FG mid fourth. If he makes it in that spot based on all else, it never goes to OT, and we win.

I do think he is over aggressive  at times. With a rookie qb kick the field goal

I think it's because there's hope.  Most Colts fans didn't expect a SB championship the instant that we signed AR.  We liked what we saw from him on the field, especially the 2nd half.  He lead the offense.   He can work on those weaknesses, like putting too much zip on the ball or overthrowing.   It was a good comeback and almost a win.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:12 PM, Indeee said:

I'm surprised no one has bashed Steichen's going for it on fourth down instead of having Matt kick the FG mid fourth. If he makes it in that spot based on all else, it never goes to OT, and we win.

Steichen’s aggressive, I think we’re going to have to accept that he’s going to risk it in times like that. Sometimes it’ll work, other times it won’t. As long as he doesn’t go for it on every 4th and 1 he sees like Reich did, I’m fine with it.

I'm only on two social media platforms - Facebook & the Colts message board.

I don't care what's being said - or - not said on other platforms.

The Colts are proving to be FAR better than the "talking heads" - and - fans thought we'd be.  

I'm happy with that.