Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Out

RollerColt

4 hours ago, Creekside said:

Bigger problem is the Colts will be playing their 3rd string center...I will be surprised if the offense has much success.

I think French will play fine. To be honest I’ve never been impressed with Kelly and the dude is always hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won this game.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kelly has been the number one graded center in the league after two weeks.

I also read where Kelly was rated number one, and I'm pleased to see Kelly starting off the year on a positive note.

Yet, I take that evaluation with a grain of salt. Having watched both games over on replay, I just didn't see such dominance.

It's strange he is rated so high, especially, since the Colts had such a terrible running game (and overall, an underwhelming offensive blocking performance) vs the Jaguars in week one... Couple this, with Kelly only playing one half of the Texans game. 

I am not trying to bash RK at all. But rather, I look forward to seeing if there is a drop off with French, or even (I dare to say) an improvement?

38 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I also read where Kelly was rated number one, and I'm pleased to see Kelly starting off the year on a positive note.

Yet, I take that evaluation with a grain of salt. Having watched both games over on replay, I just didn't see such dominance.

It's strange he is rated so high, especially, since the Colts had such a terrible running game (and overall, an underwhelming offensive blocking performance) vs the Jaguars in week one... Couple this, with Kelly only playing one half of the Texans game. 

I am not trying to bash RK at all. But rather, I look forward to seeing if there is a drop off with French, or even (I dare to say) an improvement?

Happy French Fries GIF

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….   And it looks like the game will get a fair amount if rain.   It’s not clear how much as the storm looks likely to pass Baltimore Saturday, but it still may be close enough that the trailing outer bands may drop some rain on the game. 

EDIT:   Just double checked, as of now the game has a 70 percent chance of rain.   Mother Nature us often unpredictable but it looks like rain is highly likely.   

Looks like Pittman is up for a big game :p

9 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

And imagine what we would have if our backup QB got hurt during the game as well.

My wondering mind asks:

If AR passes protocol by Sunday- can he be the Backup and maybe have Packages for him?  My next question becomes- if he passes protocol but not Active- isn’t he the Emergency QB?

Further- if he doesn’t pass- who can be an Emergency QB, since to be a 3rd one, one has to be on the 53 and not a called up Practice Squad player?  What other Colt would follow Gardner and Sam and play the Tom Matte Role (when Unitas and Cuozzo were injured and Matte played QB in the Playoffs?)

Lets hope all goes well and there are no injuries!!!!!!

1 hour ago, jimmy g said:

My wondering mind asks:

If AR passes protocol by Sunday- can he be the Backup and maybe have Packages for him?  My next question becomes- if he passes protocol but not Active- isn’t he the Emergency QB?

Further- if he doesn’t pass- who can be an Emergency QB, since to be a 3rd one, one has to be on the 53 and not a called up Practice Squad player?  What other Colt would follow Gardner and Sam and play the Tom Matte Role (when Unitas and Cuozzo were injured and Matte played QB in the Playoffs?)

Lets hope all goes well and there are no injuries!!!!!!

Part of passing the protocol is having a practice in there so he’s out.

Unless the Colts sign a QB to the active roster by Sunday they won’t have an emergency QB.  They will go with Minshew and Sam which makes sense since you are probably talking about one game.

Yeah, this is no fun. Not sure how anyone would want to watch Minshew as the starter. I understand being optimistic that we may win, but I don't see the game being fun. JMO. I'll probably skip this one. I'm at the point where I want to watch Richardson, not another veteran QB. 

Hopefully AR is back next week and doesn't get anymore concussions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, this is no fun. Not sure how anyone would want to watch Minshew as the starter. I understand being optimistic that we may win, but I don't see the game being fun. JMO. I'll probably skip this one. I'm at the point where I want to watch Richardson, not another veteran QB. 

I feel the exact same:(

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Oh jeeze... that's not a good set of options for this weekend... We're playing the Ravens in a tropical system with high winds and downpours... and the Bears are playing against the Chiefs with Chris Jones back.

I'd say Fields just because he should net you at least a few more points than Minshew. If you're in a 10 person league, I'd take a look at the available QBs and grab one quick. 

I was able to grab Love off waivers. We’ll see how well this works 

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Are you forgetting what Minshew did against us as a Jag? 

Besides any colts game this year is gonna be much more fun

• Like 2

I want the team to win. If Minshew can win win more games then Richardson so be it. Not interested in style points. Fields in Chicago gets style points over Trubisky, but he is not winning games. 

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I remember that game. If the options are to watch the Colts game by myself where it isn't that enjoyable with Minshew, or watch the Broncos game with my family (and my aunt and uncle that live in Arizona I haven't seen in three years that are visiting) with a barbecue, I'll make some memories instead and check the box score on the bottom screen. 

28 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I want the team to win. If Minshew can win win more games then Richardson so be it. Not interested in style points. Fields in Chicago gets style points over Trubisky, but he is not winning games. 

I understand winning over style points, but I want my franchise QB to develop and become a top QB in the NFL one day. This game would be valuable experience Vs a solid opponent. I'm 90% sure Minshew isn't our future, so it's hard to get excited about anything but the win if he does well compared to Richardson where you may have an elite franchise QB like a Cam Newton of the past, or a bigger Lamar Jackson that can carry this team to the playoffs and has sky-high potential.

• Like 1

I think viewership of this game will be way down.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts won with the stache

• Like 1

Just now, PRnum1 said:

I think viewership of this game will be way down.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts won with the stache

I agree, I think it'll be relatively close tbh. It just doesn't accomplish anything for me as a fan spending 3 hours watching besides trying to get the win. At this point, I want to watch Richardson, win or lose. I invested the time into seeing us lose enough to select him at 4, watching the draft where we selected him at 4, training camp, preseason, etc... I'm not doing the veteran QB thing again as a fan. It's not a "fault" of anyone, but I just refuse to watch unless Richardson is the QB at this point.

I do think we can win though. I said Ravens 24 Colts 20 in the prediction thread, but we could easily pull off a win as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonmal7 said:

Lucky you got Love. My options are Fields or pick up Stroud with a bummed shoulder

I got Love off waivers after week 1 in one of the Colts leagues on ESPN we did on this forum. I'd use Fields if I were you. His rushing yards will do much better in fantasy than real life. Stroud did well last week vs the Colts in fantasy, but the Jags have a much stingier defense as they held Mahomes pretty well in week 2 in a losing effort.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree, I think it'll be relatively close tbh. It just doesn't accomplish anything for me as a fan spending 3 hours watching besides trying to get the win. At this point, I want to watch Richardson, win or lose. I invested the time into seeing us lose enough to select him at 4, watching the draft where we selected him at 4, training camp, preseason, etc... I'm not doing the veteran QB thing again as a fan. It's not a "fault" of anyone, but I just refuse to watch unless Richardson is the QB at this point.

I do think we can win though. I said Ravens 24 Colts 20 in the prediction thread, but we could easily pull off a win as well.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jared Cisnerosand @Chrisaaron1023, everything will be fine. We have to keep our electric robot of a QB healthy. We could still win with Mustache, he is a great backup. AR will be back for the Rams so fun times are ahead. :thmup:

Yeah, I'm not panicking. Going to spend some time with the family tomorrow, and watch next week when Richardson is back. I'm fine. Just a bit frustrated lol. haha 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ok with Mustache tomorrow. I have to admit, I wanted see AR and Lamar square off though. That would have been fun.

Definitely would have been. Similar style QBs facing off in a fun matchup. Richardson could have held his own IMO.

Going to help my dad split some firewood, so I'll talk to you in an hour or so. :thmup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I got Love off waivers after week 1 in one of the Colts leagues on ESPN we did on this forum. I'd use Fields if I were you. His rushing yards will do much better in fantasy than real life. Stroud did well last week vs the Colts in fantasy, but the Jags have a much stingier defense as they held Mahomes pretty well in week 2 in a losing effort.

Yeah, Im not picking up Stroud lol

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, I'm not panicking. Going to spend some time with the family tomorrow, and watch next week when Richardson is back. I'm fine. Just a bit frustrated lol. haha 

@2006Coltsbestever ditto what Jared said. No panic, just a little disappointed. Ill have the game on but I'm also gonna choose a different game to watch on my tablet at the same time lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I totally get where @Jared Cisneros is coming from (I’m frustrated as well) but I agree with this part too. I like seeing the team as a whole look a bit more aggressive on the field and actually enjoying playing. This post-Reich season will be fun to watch.

• Like 3