Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Waiver wire pick ups discussion (MERGE) Title Updated pg 10.

GoColts8818

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I was surprised we even brought him back.

I was too. I did like they had him running with the 3rd and 4th string guys so he wasn’t taking much needed reps from the young bucks.  They knew what they had in him. A hustle guy who is decent against the run with very little in pass rush moves. Leo played great against the run and Kareem showed a pass rush. 

On 8/28/2023 at 12:02 AM, MacDee1975 said:

Many on here anointed him as the starting RG when he was signed.

Turns out there was a good and valid reason he wasn't drafted:  he isn't good enough.

College film showed him beaten a lot.

39 minutes ago, Archer said:

Funk apparently waived (from atozsports tracker)…

Too many bad puns to be had here...was he Uptown at the time?  It's really funked up.  What would George Clinton say about that...

Okay, I'll put the dad joke book away now.

Good luck Jake!

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Too many bad puns to be had here...was he Uptown at the time?  It's really funked up.  What would George Clinton say about that...

Good luck Jake!

apparently, they told him to get the funk outta here

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Good luck Jake!

I do feel bad for Jake and I hope they are able to bring him back. Excellent ST player and quite good when called upon as RB. Seems to have a way of finding the endzone. I have no problem if he were to end up on the 53 man roster at some point.

9 minutes ago, Jonmal7 said:

With Drake and Funk cut, our RBs are Taylor (maybe), Moss (injured for at least week 1 right?), Jackson, and Hull? Am I missing a RB? Seems like were only carrying 2 healthy ones right now.

Which tells me they either expect moss or Taylor back for week one.

6 minutes ago, Jonmal7 said:

Probably. If I had to guess, Taylor's not getting traded then and not put on PUP. Doubt Moss is healthy with the broken arm. 

I think that if Moss is close, we could cut down to 3 RBs at final cuts.  Elevate a RB from the PS week 1 if Moss doesn’t quite make it…

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think that if Moss is close, we could cut down to 3 RBs at final cuts.  Elevate a RB from the PS week 1 if Moss doesn’t quite make it…

That's also true. Maybe Funk goes to the PS and we call him up?

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Maybe they were so busy waiting for an offer for Taylor to come in that they forgot to make the cuts?

Highly doubt it.  In fact I have a feeling the cuts were made earlier today with the rest that were coming in.  They just didn’t all get reported.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Rush has been waived. The roster cuts have been announced in full

WOW. I didn't see that coming... I'm assuming he's a priority for the PS, but he's definitely someone a team could poach on the waiver wire. 

4 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

New Orleans release Bradley Roby.  I think he goes to waivers.  Maybe he can replace Kenny Moore next year if we can’t resign

Roby mainly an outside corner isn't he?

Archived