Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Think Manning will call Luck (title edit)

oldunclemark

I think that...despite how we got there...the Manning-Luck transition has worked out

almost as well as it could have. Both are undispured starters on their teams and life goes on.

I'd like to see Manning call him in the days (and I bet he will) to come to boost him up.

Andrew still seems to be sensitive to replacing his idol.....as he should be....

If Manning thinks about it (and he called old writers)...he'll want to take a moment to call Luck and

wish him well with the franchise he led. Tell him where to get a steak..and how to play practical jokes

on Reggie....

I wnat Andrew to embrace befing the heir to Manning and not shy away from it.

Your thoughts.

Bad thread title. Thought it was a news item

Come on..P & E.....I'm not.......CNN.

I cant KNOW what he'll do....but I'm predicting.....

What do you think about the thought.

Is Joker right?

I want Andrew Luck to embrace being Peyton Manning's successor...

Dont hide from it.....Rise to it and smile about it..

Come on FJC..

....I plead innocent to the crime!!

I want a reduced sentence

'Dwight Freeney misses mini-camp' is a misleading thread....a felony

'Manning will call Luck' is a misdemeanor at best

It's all good Unc(well relatively speaking).

This one is mild compared to some of your others... You won't be sentenced to..... well never-mind. Some lack a sense of humor(not you),

It was a prediction.....which I thought was obvious...Manning wouldnt announce it

What do you think about the thought...?

Do you want Andrew Luck to reject the comparsisons between him and Peyton or embrace them..?

Not obvious at all. I assumed that I would find a link to a news article with a quote from Peyton (or someone like King or Schefter).

Clicking instead and finding that it's just one members fantasy is annoying at best. Not that I don't value your opinion, but if you label the thread properly ("Should Peyton call Luck?" - or something) we are all a lot better off. And then you don't have to read posts like mine. Everybody wins.

Not obvious at all. I assumed that I would find a link to a news article with a quote from Peyton (or someone like King or Schefter).

Clicking instead and finding that it's just one members fantasy is annoying at best. Not that I don't value your opinion, but if you label the thread properly ("Should Peyton call Luck?" - or something) we are all a lot better off. And then you don't have to read posts like mine. Everybody wins.

But MAC..

my man......How would I KNOW what Manning will do.?

Wasnt it obvious to even the casual observer that was a prediction?

What about the post: 'Freeney misses Mini-Camp' He was there.

..and not one complaint from you perservering post police....

This is selective persecution....and suspiscious prosecution

I want my :hissy: :hissy: lawyer...

I want my mommy!!

I think that...despite how we got there...the Manning-Luck transition has worked out almost as well as it could have. Both are undispured starters on their teams and life goes on.

Yeah, I think it would have been very difficult to have Peyton and Andrew together. The transition would have happened anyway, you might as well start with a clean slate now.

I remember Joe Montana > Steve Young transition here vividly. It was really hard. There were lots of irrational fans who hated Steve Young. Even after he became the league MVP, my boss didn't accept Steve. She said Joe would have done better. There was no logic. I didn't want Andrew to go through that kind of hostility. I wished him a better start to his career.

Steve Young handled it beautifully and never said anything negative about Joe, but me being Steve Young fan, I had difficulty accepting Joe supporters venom. Now Steve says it went as well as it could have. To me, that comment underscored the difficulty of the situation as it didn't seem like it was going well at all. But I also learned I should have been more understanding and accepting of Joe Montana's and his fans' pain. Seeing the photo of Peyton's banner coming down yesterday made me really sad.

I hope Andrew fulfills his potential in Indy and Peyton will win a couple of SB with us. That would make us all feel better.

But MAC..

my man......How would I KNOW what Manning will do.?

Wasnt it obvious to even the casual observer that was a prediction?

What about the post: 'Freeney misses Mini-Camp' He was there.

..and not one complaint from you perservering post police....

This is selective persecution....and suspiscious prosecution

I want my :hissy: :hissy: lawyer...

I want my mommy!!

:lol: I try to avoid police work if at all possible. Too fraught with danger.

I know that you don't know what Manning will do. That's the entire point - you made it sound like you did. The Freeney thread was a link to an accurate news report from Phil Wilson. The fact that Freeney showed up for the second day doesn't make it less accurate, nor change the fact that it was more than just a members projection.

I'm just whining. I don't realistically expect it to slow you down for a second. :) It's all good.

I think Manning and Luck have probably communicated privately. Knowing Peyton - it was probably or will be a hand written letter.

Yes, agreed, knowing the professional Manning is, he has already communicated with Luck, I can see that Manning would only want the best for Luck and his former team . . . surely the whole Manning-Luck issue over the last 12 months has had its ups and downs, and frustrations, and surely Manning hated to have to leave the colts, but as a distant observer of Manning I can see how he would be the first to realize what happened was the best interest of the team (a few steps back and maybe 12 forward) and that he is more than willing to support, and call, Luck and wish him the best . . .

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. Really doesn't matter either way. Peyton is a Bronco and this is Luck's team now. Everyone needs to stop wondering what Peyton is going to do. I will tell you what he is going to do. Try to win as many games for Denver as he possibly can. He is not one bit concerned at the moment about what is happening here. It's over. Move on.

Maybe he will and maybe he won't. Really doesn't matter either way. Peyton is a Bronco and this is Luck's team now. Everyone needs to stop wondering what Peyton is going to do. I will tell you what he is going to do. Try to win as many games for Denver as he possibly can. He is not one bit concerned at the moment about what is happening here. It's over. Move on.

Uh....FFTW......Be cool...

He did.

He texted him.

He already did...

Manning wants Luck to do well...

Really.

Uh....FFTW......Be cool...

He did.

He texted him.

He already did...

Manning wants Luck to do well...

Really.

I am. Didn’t mean for it to sound so negative. I actually want Peyton to do well and maybe win one or two more SB before he is done. It is just that imo I feel that we should stop expecting his input or blessing or approval or whatever you want to call it. Again jmo

I am. Didn’t mean for it to sound so negative. I actually want Peyton to do well and maybe win one or two more SB before he is done. It is just that imo I feel that we should stop expecting his input or blessing or approval or whatever you want to call it. Again jmo

fair enough....Its just hard to fogert about 12 years in 12 weeks...You know what I mean?