Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts bringing in Hunt for visit tomorrow.

Indyfan4life

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Deon Jackson is hurt but haven’t heard how bad it is. But o doubt this is the reason to bring in Hunt. Especially if they are offering more money then the saints.

I'm sure Saints weren't offering much more than minimum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I'm sure Saints weren't offering much more than minimum.

That makes sense, but they need a RB more than we do (unless...) and they intended to sign him if he passed his physical. Now he's leaving without a contract, and they wouldn't come up from a vet minimum offer? Makes me wonder how much more the Colts are ready to offer. 

The plot thickens...

• Like 5

Just now, Superman said:

That makes sense, but they need a RB more than we do (unless...) and they intended to sign him if he passed his physical. Now he's leaving without a contract, and they wouldn't come up from a vet minimum offer? Makes me wonder how much more the Colts are ready to offer. 

The plot thickens...

Saints have $9.8m

But Kamara is only suspended for first 3 games.

They have Jamal Williams, he is solid and a couple young guys, so Hunt isn't a huge need for them.

I do agree they probably need him more than we do, but injuries are piling up in the backfield.

Plot does thicken, I was thinking.that the Drake addition could potentially mean we would move on from Taylor. Now add Hunt to the equation potentially, seem to support that as well.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I could never be more disappointed in a player then I am with Taylor. Colts barely ever have these issues. 

There are far worse things players can and have done than ask for more money…yes it is a distraction but at least he isn’t hitting his girlfriend or anything else far more drastic than “holding out.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor is defiantly on the trade block.

No he isn't.  He could just be hurt, like the Colts suspected, but Taylor DEFINITELY TRIED TO HIDE. Or, he DEFINITELY, is being traded.... Or definitely told the team he's retiring.  Who knows what is definitely going on.  

For certain.

Just now, SOMDColtsfan said:

Maybe its just the fact Chris Ballard got burned once with Andrew Luck and vows to not let that happen again with Taylor. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Chill out and let it play out..

I actually am not worried. If he doesn’t want to be here good riddance. Colts will be fine. 

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We offered him more money?   I think JT is going to be traded.  What a shame.

To be clear….

The Colts offered more money than the Saints.   Not more money than they’ve offered Taylor.  The Colts have far more money to spend right now.   I think they’re about $19 mill under the cap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I actually am not worried. If he doesn’t want to be here good riddance. Colts will be fine. 

Give it a chance to work out. None of these backs are JT caliber, we all know that. He's a game changer when healthy and will be missed if goes elsewhere.

If the Colts could sign Hunt to a cheaper deal, and then trade Taylor for a 2nd or two 3rds, that would be the best case scenario for the Colts imo. You get rid of the distraction while still maintaining a good core of RBs with Hunt, Drake, Moss, and Hull. Can’t afford to pay a RB north of 14 mil per season in this age of the NFL. 

• Like 7