Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Are the Most Indispensable Colts for the 2023 Season - Kevin Bowen

sb41champs

https://1075thefan.com/playlist/who-are-the-most-indispensable-colts-for-2023-season/item/6

Kevin Bowen shares his personal rankings of the TOP 5 most indispensable Colts for the 2023 season.

Agree - or - disagree?

IF - you disagree - put the 5 players Bowen names in the order that YOU would put them:

1.  Braden Smith

2.  DeForest Buckner

3.  Kenny Moore

4.  Michael Pittman Jr

5.  Jonathan Taylor

ONLY USE THE 5 players that Bowen names in your response.

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Taylor’s backup is Zac Moss.  The Colts acquired him in the Hines trade with Buffalo.   Moss did very well for the Colts last year. 

Thanks. Do you think he can replace JT? Given that the Colts may start a rookie QB, they need a #1 RB. I think this makes JT the most indispensable..

• Thanks 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thanks. Do you think he can replace JT? Given that the Colts may start a rookie QB, they need a #1 RB. I think this makes JT the most indispensable..

Yes, JT is the most indispensable.   No, Miss can’t replace him per se.   But I think he’d be decent.  

Moss is not going to average 5+ yards per carry like Taylor,  but I think he’d average 4+.   And that’s acceptable.   Moss would not be exclusive, other backs would get snaps as well, guys like Jackson and the rookie Hull. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sb41champs said:

https://1075thefan.com/playlist/who-are-the-most-indispensable-colts-for-2023-season/item/6

Kevin Bowen shares his personal rankings of the TOP 5 most indispensable Colts for the 2023 season.

Agree - or - disagree?

IF - you disagree - put the 5 players Bowen names in the order that YOU would put them:

1.  Braden Smith

2.  DeForest Buckner

3.  Kenny Moore

4.  Michael Pittman Jr

5.  Jonathan Taylor

And If we disagree with the names themselves?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Agree - or - disagree?

1.  Braden Smith

2.  DeForest Buckner

3.  Kenny Moore

4.  Michael Pittman Jr

5.  Jonathan Taylor

1. JT

2. Pittman

3. Braden Smith(just narrowly over #4)

4.. Buckner

3p

5. Kenny Moore......our secondary will probably be Bad with or without Moore.

A reliable run game comes first and that starts up front.

Who (Moss) averaged 4.9 yds per to Taylor's 4.5. I figure Steichen can manufacture a good enough run game without Taylor.

Buckner excels where Pittman moves the chains and were dead if we can't do that.

Smith 

Pittman

Buckner

Taylor 

Kenny wouldn't be a top ten 

Smith

Big Q

Buckner

Pittman

JT

Big uglies in the trenches are harder to replace, especially experienced good ones. I’m not going to get carried away by positional value in a vacuum and have to factor just the Colts, nor am I going to get carried away by an off year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Smith

Big Q

Buckner

Pittman

JT

Big uglies in the trenches are harder to replace, especially experienced good ones. I’m not going to get carried away by positional value in a vacuum and have to factor just the Colts, nor am I going to get carried away by an off year.

DING DING DING! We have a winner! :thmup:

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 11:24 AM, chad72 said:

Smith

Big Q

Buckner

Pittman

JT

Great list, 

I would say JT is #1

2. Big Q

3. Pittman

4. Smith

5. Buckner

-Same players, just different order.

• Like 1

IMO it's probably the OTs - Smith and Raimann... Q... Pittman... This season should be about Richardson and his development so... I kind of feel like the offensive players Richardson's development depends on most are the most indispensable... especially when we are thin at those positions. 

On 7/22/2023 at 4:44 PM, sb41champs said:

Agree - or - disagree?

1.  Braden Smith

2.  DeForest Buckner

3.  Kenny Moore

4.  Michael Pittman Jr

5.  Jonathan Taylor

Braden Smith

Buckner

Moore

Pittman

Taylor - Although coming off an injury and having Moss on the team, I wouldn't put Taylor too high on this list.