Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

19 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I remember Lamp being constantly injured.  Seemed like he was never healthy.

You're absolutely right. I just checked it out. He was on IR with every team he signed with. He barely played. Who would have thought that? The guy was a stud. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having Minshew, but if I were him, I would go somewhere they're not drafting a QB top 4 - Green Bay or Tennessee, maybe.  If Love doesn't work or Tannehill gets hurt again, you have a legitimate shot to be the starter.  With the way Vrabel approaches the game, Tennessee could probably make something out of him like they did with Tannehill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

We just did this last season. Got rid of all our corners but eventually signed Gilmore and Faycson.  Im sure Ballard wont have 2 rookie corners out there. Will eventually have at least 1 vet out there im sure. If we get the kid from UGA i dont mind him starting at the other corner. If we go with 2 vets and Rock is one of those vets at the very least i know he will be better than Faycson.

Gee, maybe that vet will be Rogers.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Gee hes a nickel back. Will start there.

Gus likes big corners on the boundry

Rodgers wasn't a nickel for us. His size is more like a nickel, but he played primarily outside and has been really good out there too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Hello! Minshew and Richardson are QBs.

I like Minshew and hopefully the Colts make a move to move up to 3 before upcoming pro days. I'm thinking they have all 4 graded pretty close though so maybe they sit at 4. Should be interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Rodgers wasn't a nickel for us. His size is more like a nickel, but he played primarily outside and has been really good out there too.

Rogers is a nickel. Only reason he played outside is bc Kenny Moore was the nickel starter and Faycson sucked. Rogers forced himself onto the field. Once we show Kenny the door i expect Rogers to take that spot. Gus likes size on the boundry. Thats why he was slow to pull Faycson in my opinion. He really wanted Faycson out there but Rogers proved to be better than him.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You like Richardson?

This mock draft has Richardson going to the Colts. I don't think that will happen. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-three-round-mock-draft-carolina-panthers-qb-cj-stroud-indianapolis-colts-anthony-richardson

Philly had a great offense and I hope Steichen gets what he needs to build it here. There is no question Richardson could be as good or better than Hurts with the run aspect and that would make a phenomenal base.

His low completion % last season doesn't scare me an iota.

I've watched a discussion and breakdown of his game and some of the causes and see him now as a high floor QB playing for Steichen.

Let the lying begin, but yes I want the best version of last seasons Philly offense Here! I believe it incorporates Steichen's Best Ideas and he is ahead of the competition.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Minshew mania 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Get it done

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Gardner Minshew is probably the one vet I would be ok with watching for a few games if colts drafted Richardson. He could be fun.

Minshew and Richardson are working with the same QB coach in Florida... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

If we drafted him I could deal with Richardson sitting behind a competent back up like Minshew for a while.

Yeah that’s one guy I am ok with. He isn’t old and boring. He could be fun for awhile. I would feel bad for the WR though because I think they need to start building chemistry with the same QB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

Rogers is a nickel. Only reason he played outside is bc Kenny Moore was the nickel starter and Faycson sucked. Rogers forced himself onto the field. Once we show Kenny the door i expect Rogers to take that spot. Gus likes size on the boundry. Thats why he was slow to pull Faycson in my opinion. He really wanted Faycson out there but Rogers proved to be better than him.

Well, Rogers graded extremely high playing outside so I hope he stays there.

Rogers can surely chase guys on crossers better than Kenny because of his speed, but I'm afraid he wouldn't hold up well over a season trying to defend the run. Guess we will see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Rogers can surely chase guys on crossers better than Kenny because of his speed, but I'm afraid he wouldn't hold up well over a season trying to defend the run. Guess we will see.

Rodgers is really good against the run. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Rogers can play both spots but his size profile fits nickel better. And again if you look at the size of corner most teams usually play in Cover 3 they are usually long and lanky. Think Jalen Ramsey, Richard Sherman. Im expecting us to grab boundry corners who are 6ft 1 or better before the season starts.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

If we drafted him I could deal with Richardson sitting behind a competent back up like Minshew for a while.

I get what you're saying, but if you do that, you're continuing to push the whole QB thing further down the road, more years into the future. Let's see if we can have a different QB starting in 8 or 9 straight years.

Ballard might finally have the young QB he drafted playing in year 8 or 9, which just sounds ridiculous.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Rogers is a nickel. Only reason he played outside is bc Kenny Moore was the nickel starter and Faycson sucked.

Since when? He's been listed as an outside CB on the depth chart and has almost exclusively played outside for us. I get that Moore was our starter at NB, so it wouldn't make sense to have Rodgers sit behind him, but Rodgers has graded out as a top outside CB.

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

Rogers forced himself onto the field. Once we show Kenny the door i expect Rogers to take that spot. Gus likes size on the boundry. Thats why he was slow to pull Faycson in my opinion. He really wanted Faycson out there but Rogers proved to be better than him.

Gus may prefer bigger outside CBs, but Rodgers has proven that he can play on the outside and thrive in doing it. Why kick him inside when it's much easier to find a quality NB later in the draft than quality outside corner? Rodgers also graded out much better outside than at NB, so you'd essentially be weakening your outside CB position and you NB position by playing a guy out of position, just because the DC has a size preference. I think you're right in that that was probably a big reason we saw Faycson for much longer than we should have, but I also think the Rodgers showed Gus why his preference of size over skill was incorrect. I'd be shocked if Gus went right back to playing someone else at outside CB over Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah that’s one guy I am ok with. He isn’t old and boring. He could be fun for awhile. I would feel bad for the WR though because I think they need to start building chemistry with the same QB.

I read where he lived in a bus last year close to the Eagles facility.  Maybe we could get him a new one and a reserved spot in the parking lot as part of the contract.   Lol.

I think Ballards thinking is correct. He probably will get his guy without having to move up. Very true if Richardson is in the equation. Will likely turn out even better if the Panthers take Richardson #1. That means our pick will likely be Stroud. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, #12. said:

I get what you're saying, but if you do that, you're continuing to push the whole QB thing further down the road, more years into the future. Let's see if we can have a different QB starting in 8 or 9 straight years.

Ballard might finally have the young QB he drafted playing in year 8 or 9, which just sounds ridiculous.

Most rookies sit behind somebody. Heck in my day it was accustomed for them to hold the clip board. Richardson needs to do some sitting anyway. Stroud and Young id start right away though. We can start Minshew but even in that case you can make different wildcat type packages for Richardson. Doesnt have to be totally on the bench.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Rogers can play both spots but his size profile fits nickel better. And again if you look at the size of corner most teams usually play in Cover 3 they are usually long and lanky. Think Jalen Ramsey, Richard Sherman. Im expecting us to grab boundry corners who are 6ft 1 or better before the season starts.

What is new. That is Ballard's MO. How has that worked out for him?

Somebody else needs to pick'em because Ballard has stunk it at up at corner.

Except for Rogers. Funny haha!

I HOPE our Ex player comes of the board ASAP, and for a nice haul.

And maybe we are looking at Sean Bunting. His age and skill level is very appealing. He is a playmaker against the pass.

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

So you wanna be in the playoffs next season? Hmmm! LOL!

Mahommes sat for a YEAR, NOT 10 games. A. Rodgers 3 years.

These lessons evade people, it boggles the mind.

We hope to EVER get back to the SB in the next 10 -15 years with that good of a TEAM, and clowns worry about developing a VG Prospect, no matter who it is. NUTTS!!!

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Parris is signing with giants. Ballard strikes again hurting this offense.

I don't like this move for the Giants. Isn't Parris a home-run kind of guy? Danny Dimes needs possession receivers. A few years ago, the Giants signed Kenny Golladay. He did nothing for them. I think he had fewer than 20 catches last year. 

I thought they should have re-signed Slayton. How would you like Slayton in Colts blue?