Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

People create thier own frustration, because they refuse to simply listen to what the Colts have already told them. They have said repeatedly they arent gonna bring in a bunch of free agents. You can like it or not, but complaining about it is just a waste of energy. It doesnt make someone naive because they actually listen to whats being said and adjust their expectations.

I think the person expecting the Colts to do the exact opposite of what they tell everyone they will do is the person being naive.

Who is this game changer you wanted them to sign today?

I'll answer this. Release Matt Ryan and sign Jacobi Myers and Issac Seumalo. There's two starters on offense to help your young franchise QB.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And you have made a number of them over the last year. I don't want to go down this road with you because I think a lot of you as a poster but you just started it with your 2nd sentence. I don't want to derail the thread. I think you are just annoyed with me because I haven't been kissing Ballard's butt like I usually do. Also I am usually positive but to be honest I don't like the road this team is going down right now. 

the road you take where there are examples of bad takes by each of you usually ends in falling off the broken half bridge while looking for the potholes each other fell on. haha

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One thing we did have was Luck though and the leadership of Reggie and Mathis in 2012. TY Hilton was the one huge hit Grigs had as well, that really helped.

Grigson and Ballard were both GMs that lacked in certain areas. Grigson had his franchise QB and knew to sign FAs around him, he was just bad at FA and the draft. Ballard is great at drafting, but he didn't have a franchise qb on a rookie deal until this year, and he's not signing FAs around him. 

Unfortunately, we don't have the perfect GM in two tries the last 11 years. 

The Bears have had a good offseason so far. Fleeced the Panthers into thinking we were going for the 1 so they possibly panicked, got Moore who should at least be decent of a weapon for Fields, picked up some hefty defensive players… 

Usually it all means nothing but we’ll see. 

6 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

People create thier own frustration, because they refuse to simply listen to what the Colts have already told them. They have said repeatedly they arent gonna bring in a bunch of free agents. You can like it or not, but complaining about it is just a waste of energy. It doesnt make someone naive because they actually listen to whats being said and adjust their expectations.

I think the person expecting the Colts to do the exact opposite of what they tell everyone they will do is the person being naive.

Who is this game changer you wanted them to sign today?

Nobody. But he’ll go the whole off-season without making an impactful move. It’s clear that his methods of operations are not working. I used to be his biggest fan but I’m tired of him.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

I wanted to sign Mike McGlinchey, but he got WAAAAAY more than we would have offered.

The Bears offered him $18.5 million a year, and he signed with the Broncos for $17.5 million a year. So he took a slight discount to go to Denver.

I read a report where quarterback Matt Corall could be available in trade from the Panthers.  He was a 3rd round pick last year who missed the entire season due to a Lisfranc injury in the preseason.  He had a very good career at Ole Miss.  If we want to double down on a young quarterback I think he would be a great candidate.  Definitely a better prospect than Sam imo and he probably could be acquired for a player or a mid rd pick.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I read a report where quarterback Matt Corall could be available in trade from the Panthers.  He was a 3rd round pick last year who missed the entire season due to a Lisfranc injury in the preseason.  He had a very good career at Ole Miss.  If we want to double down on a young quarterback I think he would be a great candidate.  Definitely a better prospect than Sam imo and he probably could be acquired for a player or a mid rd pick.

I heard the price would be very low for him. We might be able to get him for something as cheap as a 5th round pick for Corral and a 6th.

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

the road you take where there are examples of bad takes by each of you usually ends in falling off the broken half bridge while looking for the potholes each other fell on. haha

I just try and keep it real. I love to stay positive and I love to talk about our history of winning. As of now = 2023, this isn't looking to promising, I hate to say it. I hope I am wrong. We need a QB, we need upgrades on the O.Line, we need another strong Pass Rusher, and we need a deep threat at WR. I think if we signed a guy like Lamar and signed that Guard from Philly that would be a start. We need to cut Matt Ryan and Foles both. I can name only 5 QB's that are legit better than Lamar Jackson = Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, and maybe Herbert but even Herbert hasn't proven that much. Lawrence stock is rising.

38 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

Jo Jo

I’m low-key excited to see Domann get some defensive reps

was very solid on ST and had that coverage hybrid S/LB profile coming out even being compared to guys like Milano

we could do a lot worse. 

Just now, Goatface Killah said:

I dont think either of those guys are significant signings.

If you think that, then you have no knowledge of football of other teams. Myers would be the immediate slot starter on the Colts and our second-best receiver, and Seumalo would be our starting RG. This is how you build a team. After this, release Kelly, Mac, and Foles, and there's your extra cap space for all the depth signings and re-signing your own. Add some draft picks, and the franchise QB actually has a chance to succeed. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If you think that, then you have no knowledge of football of other teams. Myers would be the immediate slot starter on the Colts and our second-best receiver, and Seumalo would be our starting RG. This is how you build a team. After this, release Kelly, Mac, and Foles, and there's your extra cap space for all the depth signings and re-signing your own. Add some draft picks, and the franchise QB actually has a chance to succeed. 

Sure Jared. You cant even spell the dudes name right. Its Jakobi Meyers. I atleast know how to spell the mans name. But go ahead and take your shots at me, I dont really care.

Sure Jared. You cant even spell the dudes name right. Its Jakobi Meyers. I atleast know how to spell the mans name. But go ahead and take your shots at me, I dont really care.

You folks argue over the most meaningless stuff. Enjoy what you got here. This is a great forum. 

You know how to spell his name, yet you've probably never seen him play. It's pretty obvious you don't watch many games outside of the Colts. Sorry. It is what it is.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

You know how to spell his name, yet you've probably never seen him play. It's pretty obvious you don't watch many games outside of the Colts. Sorry. It is what it is.

Let's enjoy this time. Let's move on. (I told the other poster too.)

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just try and keep it real. I love to stay positive and I love to talk about our history of winning. As of now = 2023, this isn't looking to promising, I hate to say it. I hope I am wrong. We need a QB, we need upgrades on the O.Line, we need another strong Pass Rusher, and we need a deep threat at WR. I think if we signed a guy like Lamar and signed that Guard from Philly that would be a start. We need to cut Matt Ryan and Foles both. I can name only 5 QB's that are legit better than Lamar Jackson = Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, and maybe Herbert but even Herbert hasn't proven that much. Lawrence stock is rising.

Again, why on earth would you trade the future on a guy who can’t play but half a season?! 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wonder if colts are trying to secure another backup before they cut Ryan. Personally if the rookie is going to start and Foles wants to stay I would rather have that because it won’t cost any extra money.

If this is true, I'd just trade for Corral. Cut Ryan and Foles afterward. Open up your cap space, and you can draft a franchise QB. Heck, sign Brett Rypien and you have 4 QBs with QB at 4, Corral, Sam and Rypien to battle for the starting job. I literally thought of this in less than a minute.

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That would be a good signing. @NewColtsFan Shadow_Creek would like former Stanford  Cardinal Dalton Schultz to be a Colt. 

Id love it.   Always liked him.   But I don’t see how that happens?   The Colts only have $12m + and I don’t see tight end as the position where the Colts spend the most in free agency.   

This is the least cap space any Chris Ballard team has ever had at the start of free agency by far.   I know the Colts will make moves, but until they do,  I don’t know what the Colts will do? 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Id love it.   Always liked him.   But I don’t see how that happens?   The Colts only have $12m + and I don’t see tight end as the position where the Colts spend the most in free agency.   

This is the least cap space any Chris Ballard team has ever had at the start of free agency by far.   I know the Colts will make moves, but until they do,  I don’t know what the Colts will do? 

I mean, we could cut Matt Ryan and Nick Foles. If only that were possible...

Archived