Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chicago trade with Carolina

Patrick Miller

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is no guarantee we get hooker if we wait. Only a loser GM does that.

I guess you just have to trust that Ballard and his scouts know what they’re doing and have weighed the odds. We have no idea who they are targeting at quarterback. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't c it. What team would  trade with them now?

Houston.   To make sure they get the quarterback they want. 

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Ballard installs no confidence to do what is right for this team 

Dear God…….    :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I know it’s over dramatic but I just feel like a big fat loser colt fan. It’s so hard to get excited anymore.  It never feels this team does anything to actually try and win.

Dear God….     :facepalm:

Over dramatic is an understatement.   

I love how so many people are screaming over reaction as if its perfectly fine and ok to be the 3rd or probably 4th team selecting a QB. Trust Ballard, the same guy who hasn't won this sorry division, the same guy who has this roster regress from playoffs to 4 wins in two seasons,

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t even care about the draft anymore. Just seems we have a very unserious GM and owner. I feel bad for Steichen.

Lol.  Just  keep the faith. I will  tell u that no qb is worth what the  Panthers gave up.  I don't think this was   to get ahead of the Colts. I  believe the Colts were always going to stick at  4 and that was a decision  reached by Ballard, Irsay and Steichen. Honestly, I would be surprised if they moved back but idcthe elite pas rusher is there, you  get him.

11 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I guess you just have to trust that Ballard and his scouts know what they’re doing and have weighed the odds. We have no idea who they are targeting at quarterback. 

Why should we trust Ballard. This is the exact same thing he has done for years. He sits back and and doesn’t do what’s necessary.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol.  Just  keep the faith. I will  tell u that no qb is worth what the  Panthers gave up.  I don't think this was   to get ahead of the Colts. I  believe the Colts were always going to stick at  4 and that was a decision  reached by Ballard, Irsay and Steichen. Honestly, I would be surprised if they moved back but idcthe elite pas rusher is there, you  get him.

Then who will be QB? Matty

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

A elite pass rusher doesn’t do us anything without a QB

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

I love how so many people are screaming over reaction as if its perfectly fine and ok to be the 3rd or probably 4th team selecting a QB. Trust Ballard, the same guy who hasn't won this sorry division, the same guy who has this roster regress from playoffs to 4 wins in two seasons,

I trust  Steichen more than I trust Ballard and I bet  irsay  does to when it comes to evaluating a qb. 

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

The thing is no one knows which one of these quarterbacks is going to pan out. Heck none of them might. We could draft a quarterback in the  second round that turns out to be better than all of them that were selected in the first. 

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I trust  Steichen more than I trust Ballard and I bet  irsay  does to when it comes to evaluating a qb. 

Bingo. I trust that Steichen can develop and game plan for whatever QB we draft. Plus it’s likely that whoever their guy is, will be available at 4. I won’t be concerned unless another team jumps up to 3.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why should we trust Ballard. This is the exact same thing he has done for years. He sits back and and doesn’t do what’s necessary.

I think Ballard has a lot more riding on his decision making this go around. I think he’s going to be a bit bolder. Staying put at 4 could be the right move.

4 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Give me a break how u think fans feel same way about Ballard. He is so overrated. If he could, would trade out of first all together.

I had almost forgotten how anti-Ballard you are.    It’s almost comical.   I’ll try not to forget that in the future.   I was caught off guard at some of the posts I’m reading.  

Well I’m off to bed! Just keep in mind that none of this is in our control and hope for the best! I am hoping that Ballard and Company find the right quarterback  and make the right decisions. We still have the fourth pick in the draft which is nothing to sneeze at…. and free agency coming up where we could bring in some impact players! Go colts!

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Brock Purdy is supposed to be ready for camp. Maybe colts plan on trading Ryan to SF to back him up and trading for Lance lol.

Well Purdy should be a lesson for us all.  They gave up 2 first rounders for Trey Lance who I view as being similar to Richardson.  Upside  based  on  one aeason and how did that go?  Purdy the last guy in the draft is starting over a guy who was  severely over drafted. I think the Colts  have their guy and I don't think they will waiver. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I know it’s over dramatic but I just feel like a big fat loser colt fan. It’s so hard to get excited anymore.  It never feels this team does anything to actually try and win.

Yeah….  All the Coltscfid recently was conduct the biggest and longest coaching search in the history of the NFL.   That’s all.   But that ended a month ago, and that’s sooo long.   

You can blame Ballard all you want because you’re not having fun, but the odds are incredibly high that BOTH Steichen AND Irsay are good with the Colts decision not to make a deal to #1.   Decisions like this are not made in a vacuum.   They’re made in a group.   

Since none of us knows what the Colts think of this QB class you might want to consider they have a plan. 

Worry less.   Have more fun!    :thmup:

7 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Typical Colts snd TYPICAL Ballard. He never made moves before to move up and snag one of the franchise qbs that now dominate the afc. Not surprising at all!!!! The conservative do it MY smug way gm that has ACCOMPLISHED absolutely nothing!!!!!! Now we're stuck with Wentz 2.0 in the form of Will Levis who really was no better than Eason in college.... :facepalm:

Ballard would likely have traded back and would have passed on Manning

6 hours ago, Breeze said:

It is amusing how there are more warts on these 4 QBs than in recent years, but as soon as some team makes a move, they suddenly become the ultimate solution and panic ensues.  Hype is always more powerful than talent.

So... who is the Colts QB next season.. Ryan... Foles...haha

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

Reich will be fired in two years or less. 

I doubt that. Carolina seems to be all in. They assembled a very strong coaching staff and they will build their team. The free agency period has yet to come. They may add some players next week. 

So I am usually a glass half empty type of guy. I like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best rather than the other way around. But oh my goodness is our fan base the personification of dramatic when it comes to everything.

Let's break this down a bit:

1) How would our fan base react if we gave up: 4 and 35 this year, our 2024 1st and 2nd and Michael Pittman?  All to take one of Stroud or Young? People would be bashing Ballard and his desperation and then to top it off if he did not take the QB they liked or preferred they would flip out. Plus they would be saying "Who is left to throw to? The rookie is going to throw to Alec Pierce, Michael Strachan and Kristian Wilkerson? Oh god no. We need WRs now and yet we traded our high picks for the next two drafts and the free agent group is terrible and we can't even trade for one since we threw away our top picks this season and next. This rookie is gonna fail now".   So be happy we did not make that crazy * move to go up.

2) When Steichen was hired, you better believe he came in w a plan and a plan that probably resonated with and wowwed our leadership. I doubt that plan was "oh god if we do not trade up to 1.01 and i end up with the 3rd or 4th selected QB in this draft then we are screwed." To be frank, the QB that has always seemed like the absolute best fit in my mind for Steichen is Levis. If you are looking for the tools to succeed he and Richardson have the most tools and potential. They need to be more consistent and they need that brought out of them and to be coached up to their potential. And right now they probably are the two we are fighting for if we stay at 4. 

3) I might be the only one, but I am exhausted with this narrative that Irsay and Ballard are not aggressive enough or do not do enough to win. Blah blah blah. That is nonsense by people who are not paying attention. Show me another team that has in the past 3 years:

2020: Traded a 1st for Buckner 

2021: Traded a 3rd and future 1st for Wentz

2022: Traded a 3rd for Matt Ryan

Our GM and our owner have been attempting to make this team better for 3 seasons running. 

The Buckner trade was a massive win. He has been a centerpiece and the 49ers replaced him with 1.13 in Javon Kinlaw who has been a bust.

The Wentz and the Ryan trades both did not work out. That does not mean we did not take a swing. We did. Twice. We just swung and missed. 

If we took a massive 3rd swing here and missed then we are even more screwed for the future. Not even the present but the future too. It is why i never wanted to move up from 4. Especially w the quality player we can get at 35 this year as well. 

Oh btw, for those that say we are not trying to get better:

- While our offense is garbage, the Colts have spent THE MOST money on offense in the entire NFL over the last 5 years. Read that again. THE MOST. The investment has been made. The groceries were bought. The cooking was lousy. 

- To emphasize this point, look at the offensive efficiency. These guys were so terribly inefficient that they imploded. The investment was there. The production was not. It is why I am excited to have new cooks in the kitchen. If our GM provides those cooks w the ingredients they need or ask for we are going to be fine.

But this narrative that Ballard or Irsay won't do what is needed to compete?   I rarely would say this but get the F out of here. 

This leadership is doing what it needs to do. And what they needed to do on this instance for that 1.01 is NOT give up more than what Carolina was or even exactly what Carolina was. It was not worth it. 

6 hours ago, Archer said:

Curious why so many on this thread have Levis as the 3rd QB.  I’d order the QBs as 1) Stroud, 2) Young, 3) Richardson, and a distant 4) Levis.

I think people are just assuming that the colts are going to make another mistake and draft Levis.

7 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

So I am usually a glass half empty type of guy. I like to prepare for the worst and hope for the best rather than the other way around. But oh my goodness is our fan base the personification of dramatic when it comes to everything.

Let's break this down a bit:

1) How would our fan base react if we gave up: 4 and 35 this year, our 2024 1st and 2nd and Michael Pittman?  All to take one of Stroud or Young? People would be bashing Ballard and his desperation and then to top it off if he did not take the QB they liked or preferred they would flip out. Plus they would be saying "Who is left to throw to? The rookie is going to throw to Alec Pierce, Michael Strachan and Kristian Wilkerson? Oh god no. We need WRs now and yet we traded our high picks for the next two drafts and the free agent group is terrible and we can't even trade for one since we threw away our top picks this season and next. This rookie is gonna fail now".   So be happy we did not make that crazy * move to go up.

2) When Steichen was hired, you better believe he came in w a plan and a plan that probably resonated with and wowwed our leadership. I doubt that plan was "oh god if we do not trade up to 1.01 and i end up with the 3rd or 4th selected QB in this draft then we are screwed." To be frank, the QB that has always seemed like the absolute best fit in my mind for Steichen is Levis. If you are looking for the tools to succeed he and Richardson have the most tools and potential. They need to be more consistent and they need that brought out of them and to be coached up to their potential. And right now they probably are the two we are fighting for if we stay at 4. 

3) I might be the only one, but I am exhausted with this narrative that Irsay and Ballard are not aggressive enough or do not do enough to win. Blah blah blah. That is nonsense by people who are not paying attention. Show me another team that has in the past 3 years:

2020: Traded a 1st for Buckner 

2021: Traded a 3rd and future 1st for Wentz

2022: Traded a 3rd for Matt Ryan

Our GM and our owner have been attempting to make this team better for 3 seasons running. 

The Buckner trade was a massive win. He has been a centerpiece and the 49ers replaced him with 1.13 in Javon Kinlaw who has been a bust.

The Wentz and the Ryan trades both did not work out. That does not mean we did not take a swing. We did. Twice. We just swung and missed. 

If we took a massive 3rd swing here and missed then we are even more screwed for the future. Not even the present but the future too. It is why i never wanted to move up from 4. Especially w the quality player we can get at 35 this year as well. 

Oh btw, for those that say we are not trying to get better:

- While our offense is garbage, the Colts have spent THE MOST money on offense in the entire NFL over the last 5 years. Read that again. THE MOST. The investment has been made. The groceries were bought. The cooking was lousy. 

- To emphasize this point, look at the offensive efficiency. These guys were so terribly inefficient that they imploded. The investment was there. The production was not. It is why I am excited to have new cooks in the kitchen. If our GM provides those cooks w the ingredients they need or ask for we are going to be fine.

But this narrative that Ballard or Irsay won't do what is needed to compete?   I rarely would say this but get the F out of here. 

This leadership is doing what it needs to do. And what they needed to do on this instance for that 1.01 is NOT give up more than what Carolina was or even exactly what Carolina was. It was not worth it. 

What’s that say about Ballard if he is spending all that money and not getting results. It’s bad. Trying means then he is bad at his job.

Archived