Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conference Championship Games, Jan. 29, 2023, Discussion thread

NFLfan

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t believe so many Colts fans are on here cheering for Burrow (a guy in our conference) to go to a 2nd straight Super Bowl and win it all.  You guys are seriously happy to create another Brady to block our path for the next decade?  That’s insanity.

The best outcome for the Colts is for the Chiefs to beat the Bengals and Mahomes & Reid to go lay another egg in the Super Bowl & lose.  Hurts is in the NFC. We’ll deal with him in the Super Bowl one day.  I don’t want to have to battle with a ring having Burrow (in only his 3rd year) while also dealing with Mahomes (and to a lesser extent Allen & Lawrence & Jackson). No thanks to that narrative. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

I was born and grew up 30 minutes from Philly in South Jersey. My pops and most all my relatives are Eagles fans,saw my first live game in Philly......never liked them...but do like Siranni and want pascal to get a ring

Yup, same. Just like there's lines in the sand in all NFL territories, South NJ is basically all Philly fans.

5 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I can’t believe so many Colts fans are on here cheering for Burrow (a guy in our conference) to go to a 2nd straight Super Bowl and win it all.  You guys are seriously happy to create another Brady to block our path for the next decade?  That’s insanity.

The best outcome for the Colts is for the Chiefs to beat the Bengals and Mahomes & Reid to go lay another egg in the Super Bowl & lose.  Hurts is in the NFC. We’ll deal with him in the Super Bowl one day.  I don’t want to have to battle with a ring having Burrow (in only his 3rd year) while also dealing with Mahomes (and to a lesser extent Allen & Lawrence & Jackson). No thanks to that narrative. 

Well I think it’s a LOT far fetched to say “another Brady”…mark my words, there will never be another QB as accomplished as Brady…and I say that with a staunch record of hating the dude. 

1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Some of us are in the Cincy tri state region. Most of my family supports both Cincy and Indy. For those older than 40 the Bengals were all they had in my area. 

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I’m from Philly, and now live in DE… sooo many Eagles fans haha, also Phillies fans. Guess they are clinging to the closest thing lol 

One of my close buddies was running his mouth HARD this past year when the Phillies were up in the WS... Lol. I just remember calling him... How bout them Phillies? after the series... Lol

2 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well I think it’s a LOT far fetched to say “another Brady”…mark my words, there will never be another QB as accomplished as Brady…and I say that with a stanch record of hating the dude. 

Some day, I mean Otto Graham obviously the best QB as far as winning all time (10 years a pro and 7 titles and 3 runner ups) so championship every single year, then all these years later we get Brady who comes close but not quite and in the future someone else will pass Brady though not Graham.....

1 minute ago, IinD said:

One of my close buddies was running his mouth HARD this past year when the Phillies were up in the WS... Lol. I just remember calling him... How bout them Phillies? after the series... Lol

Yeah they definitely don’t like it when you point out their shortcomings! I’ve had my share of back-and-forths with several friends and family members over the years haha

Just now, Arodgers12 said:

Who’s the best opposing fans you have come across?

I'm not just saying this because of you, but seriously it's Packers fans for me. 

Always humble. And always just fans of the game itself. 

I've had some good times with Lions fans too. 

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Yup, same. Just like there's lines in the sand in all NFL territories, South NJ is basically all Philly fans.

Vineland,NJ....I wouldnt blindly follow so watched every single team and became a Colts fan because of Bert Jones..luckily found a Colts jacket somehow, and mom my would special order colts gear from Sears catalog...lol

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Little Caesar’s commercials are as garbage as their food. Good gosh why does anyone eat there the cardboard box it comes in probably tastes better and is probably better for you. 

Simple. It's cheap as all get. 

Well... It used to be cheap... 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Little Caesar’s commercials are as garbage as their food. Good gosh why does anyone eat there the cardboard box it comes in probably tastes better and is probably better for you. 

It used to be MUCH better with real mozzarella cheese,now is the worst chain by far

11 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well I think it’s a LOT far fetched to say “another Brady”…mark my words, there will never be another QB as accomplished as Brady…and I say that with a stanch record of hating the dude. 

Of course he won’t be an exact Brady (he already lost his 1st trip).  But the thing that made Brady the QB he became was winning it all early. After reaching the mountain top in only his 2nd season, the game slowed down for him tremendously. Even if Burrow only becomes Brady “lite”, it’s a problem.

The guy came off of the most dominant college season & a championship and hasn’t missed a beat in the league. He doesn’t need anymore confidence boosters. He needs to lose until our guy is ready to take over. We need our guy to be the one to pass Mahomes and reign over the AFC for the next decade. Not the Bengals QB.  I’ve got no love for any of the young AFC QB’s.

They are all our rivals and in our way.  Just like I never cheered for Brady & Ben to win it all. I’ll never cheer for Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert, Jackson or any other young AFC QB’s to win it all until our guy has a few of them under his belt. 

1 minute ago, Arodgers12 said:

Who’s the best opposing fans you have come across?

Most fans are cool I will say. I've had great times at several stadiums watching our Colts (car and det were cool folks).

Hated buffalo and ne fans when I've been there.

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Vineland,NJ....I wouldnt blindly follow so watched every single team and became a Colts fan because of Bert Jones..luckily found a Colts jacket somehow, and mom my would special order colts gear from Sears catalog...lol

The good old Colts Starter Jacket memories.. Lol

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Dominos is now my favorite.

Yea I liked dominos by a wide margin but the last year or so it seems every time I order I’m disappointed more often than not. Papa John’s isn’t too bad but Pizza Hut sucks in my book also. I don’t ever do Pizza Hut or little Caesar’s. We have a local pizza company here in Utah called The Pie Pizzeria and they are by far my favorite. 

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I met some Colt fans at Lambeau in 2000. They were very nice people.

Were they drunk ?? haha 

17 minutes ago, IinD said:

No nothing like that, just dumb and obnoxious...I remember hearing 'McNabb's the best bro' for years... Lol

What does that mean (re: McNabb)? 

My brother attended Syracuse when McNabb was there. He said McNabb was a very nice guy. He also had good things to say about Keith Bullock. 

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Yea I liked dominos by a wide margin but the last year or so it seems every time I order I’m disappointed more often than not. Papa John’s isn’t too bad but Pizza Hut sucks in my book also. I don’t ever do Pizza Hut or little Caesar’s. We have a local pizza company here in Utah called The Pie Pizzeria and they are by far my favorite. 

Were they drunk ?? haha 

No just downright good humble people like you guys on this board.

Archived