Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have 4th pick (Official Discussion Thread)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think the Colts  will be left with crap when they pick. Levi will probably be  gone. No one is picking Young with the 1st pick. He could slide big time.

Levi is not going 1; very overrated. Cards at 3 do not need QB. Be something if Bears take QB as Fields gets injured.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JColts72 said:

If that happens all bets are off. Bears will get a high ransom for 1.

Nope I think it’s the opposite. Young is going to fall when the combine starts with his size. It increases chances bears just stay at one and pick. Which then leaves Texans to pick Levis or young. Colts could be in trouble.

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Nope I think it’s the opposite. Young is going to fall when the combine starts with his size. It increases chances bears just stay at one and pick. Which then leaves Texans to pick Levis or young. Colts could be in trouble.

Just his size alone will not make him fall. Baker and Kyler should prove that. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Get Anderson, then trade back up into the 1st round and get the best remaining QB available?

Or get Anderson and take Hendon!!

He is losing both tackles and his center. It would make no sense but that would be just the colts luck if this happened. 

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Just his size alone will not make him fall. Baker and Kyler should prove that. 

Or get Anderson and take Hendon!!

He is not the same size as those two. He is a lot smaller.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Young is by far the best QB in this class. I expect him to add 15 lbs putting him about 200 to 205. He has great poise and awareness in the pocket with great placement on throws. His size is being overblown. He will be just fine!

Just wait until a 250 lb DE end starts sacking him. Alabama always has good Oline and he never gets touched.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Then that leaves at least one QB available to us (if Stroud declares). Bears need to get Anderson. He would seriously help get that team back to a competitive state. 

If I were picking for the Bears I would just pick Anderson and go home for the rest of the day. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just wait until a 250 lb DE end starts sacking him. Alabama always has good Oline and he never gets touched.

That's why his pocket presence and poise is important. Clearly he will get hit like every QB but his ability to keep his eyes downfield and make plays is huge.

He is much better under pressure than Stroud and makes big plays when under pressure .

Just now, danlhart87 said:

That's why his pocket presence and poise is important. Clearly he will get hit like every QB but his ability to keep his eyes downfield and make plays is huge.

He is much better under pressure than Stroud and makes big plays when under pressure .

he is not gonna hold up over the years he will go the same way luck did ......     got to get levis and do what ever it takes

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Then possibly trade down?

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If I were picking for the Bears I would just pick Anderson and go home for the rest of the day. 

I heard that want this year's first and 2 more first rounders. No thanks. No one word that this year.  If the Bears think there is a qb that valuable that valuable then they should pick him and trade  Fields. Total rubbish if any team moves up to number this year. Just sit at 4 and pick the best player.

2 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Ha ha! My favorite sports movie ever. “You’re out there now — you gotta go for all the answers.” 

We watched it every year before sectional in the room. Good Lord Linda Forontino or whatever her name was.

Love the dude talking about Pele and the beauty of sports.  That was a really good scene.  

27 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he is not gonna hold up over the years he will go the same way luck did ......     got to get levis and do what ever it takes

Personally i dont care if he lasts 10-15 years, i would take 5-10 from someone like Bryce Young.

We would have to go into win now mode like the eagles and Ravens are trying to do. 

Its not like we are picking between Stroud or Young, more like taking who is left

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Personally i dont care if he lasts 10-15 years, i would take 5-10 from someone like Bryce Young.

We would have to go into win now mode like the eagles and Ravens are trying to do. 

Its not like we are picking between Stroud or Young, more like taking who is left

i would bet ten years later levis is the best pick for QB in this draft

15 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

See Tua and that will be  Youngs career.

here is the real question what do you do if stroud stays in college and two desperate teams trade up to 1 and 3 to take QBs offering way more than the colts ?    now you have levis and young gone do you trade back for a next years number 1 to take a QB next year  and take richardson  to see if you can develop him

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Would they take Richardson at 4 if Levis was gone and Bryce was not the type of QB they want? There are QB nerdy teams right behind them so I probably would not wait.

if ballard gets out bid and losses out of both levis and young  and stroud stays in college you have to trade back .    we need to secure a future 2024 draft pick so we can trade up for a QB next year .     you take richardson mid first or keep trading back get two first next year so you can make a run at a top guy .      i would tank next year if we miss out on a top QB this year sell off assets for picks and keep trading back try to get two firsts and a couple of seconds for some players too .    

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if ballard gets out bid and losses out of both levis and young  and stroud stays in college you have to trade back .    we need to secure a future 2024 draft pick so we can trade up for a QB next year .     you take richardson mid first or keep trading back get two first next year so you can make a run at a top guy .      i would tank next year if we miss out on a top QB this year sell off assets for picks and keep trading back try to get two firsts and a couple of seconds for some players too .    

I don’t think they are willing to tank next year. 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think they are willing to tank next year. 

they really dont have a choice if they miss out on a top QB prospect i dont see any other options at QB .    maybe try and trade for love or lance .    if we dont get someone young the team has no chance of being any thing other than a bottom 5 team .

Just now, coming on strong said:

they really dont have a choice if they miss out on a top QB prospect i dont see any other options at QB .    maybe try and trade for love or lance .    if we dont get someone young the team has no chance of being any thing other than a bottom 5 team .

After what this team went through this year there is no way that will be acceptable.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Agreed and Stroud struggles when his 1st read isn't there like all Ohio qbs.  I wouldn't  take either.

40 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

See Tua and that will be  Youngs career.

Bryce is a lot more mobile and its not like Tua is done.  Tua is good, if he can make a few changes he will still be around a while

You realize hes out with a concussion right?  Not much correlation with that and his size

4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Bryce is a lot more mobile and its not like Tua is done.  Tua is good, if he can make a few changes he will still be around a while

You realize hes out with a concussion right?  Not much correlation with that and his size

Young will get killed and end up with injuries like Tua. It is inevitable.

Archived