Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18 Around the NFL Game thread (Jan 7th and Jan 8th, 2023

NFLfan

It is the last weekend of football in the regular season of the NFL. The games started today. The Chiefs are playing at Las Vegas Raiders. Chiefs are up 24 to 6 in the third quarter, 6:55 left. The Chiefs are about to get the ball back after the Raiders kicked their second field goal.

Titans play the Jags later tonight. 

Are you watching the games today and tomorrow? What are your observations and thoughts? Enjoy!

• Like 1

Can someone explain the reasoning behind using a neutral site to play games (the one that the announcers keep talking about)? It is unfair to the cities where these teams play to use a neutral site. Playoff games bring business to the cities where the games are played. Cities like Buffalo and Cincinnati could use that. 

• Like 1

Id like to see the Jags win the South they deserve it. Packers going to the playoffs would be a remarkable story, everyone in the world had them written off. The Dolphins should get the last wildcard in the AFC, they are pretty good when Tua is healthy. Its looking like Steelers or Pats will get it though. Sucks for Dolphins. 

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Can someone explain the reasoning behind using a neutral site to play games (the one that the announcers keep talking about)? It is unfair to the cities where these teams play to use a neutral site. Playoff games bring business to the cities where the games are played. Cities like Buffalo and Cincinnati could use that. 

I think because any of the Bengals, Chiefs and Bills could have had home field advantage throughout depending upon the results of this weekend and the Monday night game. Of course Monday night didn't happen so if the AFCC game features two of those three teams it will be neutral. Which I personally don't understand because they basically handed the Chiefs the first round bye without any thought, yet they are so concerned about home field. Seems odd. The Bengals definitely got the worst of it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think because any of the Bengals, Chiefs and Bills could have had home field advantage throughout depending upon the results of this weekend and the Monday night game. Of course Monday night didn't happen so if the AFCC game features two of those three teams it will be neutral. Which I personally don't understand because they basically handed the Chiefs the first round bye without any thought, yet they are so concerned about home field. Seems odd. The Bengals definitely got the worst of it.

I think if chiefs had lost today then there could of been a chance at a bengals chiefs neutral game but because they won bengals had 4 losses so there was not a chance.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Hate both these teams.. find myself cheering for Dobbs though for some reason :dunno:

Haha I feel you… I thought I would despise the fact that this game even exists with our division on the line lol… but I have accepted that we are out of the race (probably for a while) and am actually interested to see “who wants it more” in this game. 

Dobbs seems to be working hard not to let the pressure get to him. I can understand you wanting to see him do well. I am cheering for the Jags though because… Titans… just no. Never.  Lol 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did you guys see this play by the chiefs.

Some will say it’s arrogant, some will say they’re having fun like a college team but it’s definitely a bunch of guys having fun to me. :) 

They almost scored a TD too if not for a Ricky tack holding call. However they scored the very next play again.

Mahomes definitely clinched MVP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I really thought jags would win this pretty easy but looks like titans did the right thing giving players a game off last week. It’s a shame Titans might be going to playoffs. They will play chargers or ravens from what I understand.

Good for them. They can believe they’re a Super Bowl contender and get dismantled by the Chiefs or Bills. Or even the Bengals yet again. 

This is a pathetic showing by Jacksonville. Why are they having Lawrence run weird routes out of the pocket? Just scheme Kirk open and sling it for dang sake…

About time! Interception by Dobbs.

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Good for them. They can believe they’re a Super Bowl contender and get dismantled by the Chiefs or Bills. Or even the Bengals yet again. 

This is a pathetic showing by Jacksonville. Why are they having Lawrence run weird routes out of the pocket? Just scheme Kirk open and sling it for dang sake…

About time! Interception by Dobbs.

Both of these teams are going 1 and done.. lol

Just now, RollerColt said:

Neither team deserves to be in the playoffs. 

Agreed neither do the Bucs. We also have a chance to see the the Lions, Seahawks, Packers, Steelers or Pats. Such is the world we live in with the new playoff teams added and the division winners automatically being awarded playoffs no matter how bad they suck.

I just hate the Titans the most out of our division rivals, its so nice to see the Titans epic collapse this season. Also I like to see the best teams in the playoffs. Which doesn't always happen. I really think the Jags are easily the best team in our division.

• Like 2