Week 18 Around the NFL Game thread (Jan 7th and Jan 8th, 2023

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Packers are win and in.

Seahawks need a win and a Packers loss

Lions need a win and a Seahawks loss

Pats are win and in

Dolphins need a win and a Pats loss

Steelers need a win a Dolphins and a Pats loss.

I kind of hope Seahawks lose to make that night game fun. Plus if rams win we don’t have to worry about moving down a spot if we accidentally win.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I kind of hope Seahawks lose to make that night game fun. Plus if rams win we don’t have to worry about moving down a spot if we accidentally win.

It sounds like Sean McVay may have checked out (looking to leave the Rams). He seems to be doing an Urban Meyer move -- leaving the Rams while they are down so that he can take a better head coaching job at a later time. 

13 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Silver lining of not having your team in contention I suppose. More focus on the rest of the games.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It sounds like Sean McVay may have checked out (looking to leave the Rams). He seems to be doing an Urban Meyer move -- leaving the Rams while they are down so that he can take a better head coaching job at a later time. 

Mcvay has talked for a few years of retiring when he got married and started a family. He said he wants to be more present in his children’s lives. He just got married this last year. Hard to believe he is only 36 and accomplished so much.

• Like 1

Titans will get Taylor Lewan, Harold Landry, Bud Dupree all back next year and now get to possibly add another defensive stud at No.10. Tannehill being back will be good enough for them to win the division again, IMO. Their D at full strength is legit.

The AFC South at least will still go through TN. Lawrence didn’t show me enough of throws down the field to say that the Jaguars will be the future, IMO.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Titans will get Taylor Lewan, Harold Landry, Bud Dupree all back next year and now get to possibly add another defensive stud at No.10. Tannehill being back will be good enough for them to win the division again, IMO. Their D at full strength is legit.

The AFC South at least will still go through TN. Lawrence didn’t show me enough of throws down the field to say that the Jaguars will be the future, IMO.

He holds on to the ball too long, but perhaps with a stable coach, system and returning players he can build some chemistry and make quicker reads. 

Can't believe the Jags won the division.  Lawrence showed me nothing.  He couldn't win it for them and he had the chance.  It took a defensive play to save them.  Can't believe Vrabel is getting a free pass.  He should feel some heat.  They lost something like seven in a row I believe.  This division is really in play next year.  We would have won it this year if we had a decent quarterback like Carr on the team.  Oh well on to next year.

54 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Can't believe the Jags won the division.  Lawrence showed me nothing.  He couldn't win it for them and he had the chance.  It took a defensive play to save them.  Can't believe Vrabel is getting a free pass.  He should feel some heat.  They lost something like seven in a row I believe.  This division is really in play next year.  We would have won it this year if we had a decent quarterback like Carr on the team.  Oh well on to next year.

Vrabel has had that roster over achieving. I think that’s why the GM was fired and not Vrabel. I think jags inexperience in big games showed last night.

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Lol if Bills, Steelers hold and Dolphins lose Steelers make the playoffs

The Pats will lose. Pitt will win.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Naheim Hines returned a kickoff for a Bills touchdown. WTG Hines!

He had two kickoff returns for touchdowns today!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Unless 9ers lose you are playing the gmen. That Packers lost really hurt yall

Of all the wild card teams, the Giants are probably the easiest to beat. Dallas, the Packers and Detroit have all beaten us. We beat the Giants. However, I am a fan of Danny Dimes. I would take him over Cousins. Cousins throws prettier and has a nice deep ball but Danny plays the way I like. He is smart and understands situational football. He keeps the chains moving, which helps the defense. Cousins does not play that way. He likes to throw deep balls when we should be trying to take time off the clock. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Of all the wild card teams, the Giants are probably the easiest to beat. Dallas, the Packers and Detroit have all beaten us. We beat the Giants. However, I am a fan of Danny Dimes. I would take him over Cousins. Cousins throws prettier and has a nice deep ball but Danny plays the way I like. He is smart and understands situational football. He keeps the chains moving, which helps the defense. Cousins does not play that way. He likes to throw deep balls when we should be trying to take time off the clock. 

But you're in good hands. Danny Dimes is still high off of last week when he played a JV team, and was able to do what he wanted. He'll be culture shocked next week when we plays an actual team

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

@NFLfan Hopefully the first thing the Vikings do to the Giants is give Thibideaux or whatever his name is a good dose of karma. 

What he did was :facepalm:. I think he is embarrassed. Or he should be. 

I'm not sure how we will play against them. I would not be surprised if we lose. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What he did was :facepalm:. I think he is embarrassed. Or he should be. 

I'm not sure how we will play against them. I would not be surprised if we lose. 

I think Jefferson can take ‘em. Daniel Jones looked like a god against us, but that shouldn’t be a measuring stick. I think he’s way better this year than years past, but I don’t think he’s better than Cousins. 

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I think Jefferson can take ‘em. Daniel Jones looked like a god against us, but that shouldn’t be a measuring stick. I think he’s way better this year than years past, but I don’t think he’s better than Cousins. 

I like him better than Cousins. He plays smarter than Cousins. I'm a fan of Jones. He does what is necessary to sustain drives. Cousins does not seem to understand situational football as well as Jones does.

Let me give you an example. Say, the Vikings are up by 7 with 4 minutes left in the game. We start at our own 25. Instead of trying to kill the clock, Cousins is throwing long passes, stopping the clock, and giving the opposing team time to score. Jones on the other hand would do whatever is necessary to get first downs, using the clock and not allowing the opponent to get the ball back with lots of time. We have some offensive weapons that the Giants don't. Jones does not have anyone like Jefferson.  

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I like him better than Cousins. He plays smarter than Cousins. I'm a fan of Jones. He does what is necessary to sustain drives. Cousins does not seem to understand situational football as well as Jones does.

Let me give you an example. Say, the Vikings are up by 7 with 4 minutes left in the game. We start at our own 25. Instead of trying to kill the clock, Cousins is throwing long passes, stopping the clock, and giving the opposing team time to score. Jones on the other hand would do whatever is necessary to get first downs, kill the clock and not allowing the opponent to get the ball back with lots of time. We have some offensive weapons that the Giants don't. Jones does not have anyone like Jefferson.  

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah Minnesota got the best draw out of all the teams. Vikings win by 10.

Maybe. I'm not convinced. We have more talent on offense than the Giants do but we don't seem to use them as well. 

The Giants are very similar to us. I think it will be close. 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah Minnesota got the best draw out of all the teams. Vikings win by 10.

My friend, the Giants season ticket holder, was thrilled to play the Vikings. He said, "Bring on the Vikings." He is not trolling. He was worried about playing the Niners. He believes the Giants can beat the Vikings. The announcers doing the Giants game said the Giants felt confident too after nearly beating the Vikings in MN on Christmas Eve. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

My friend, the Giants season ticket holder, was thrilled to play the Vikings. He said, "Bring on the Vikings." He is not trolling. He was worried about playing the Niners. He believes the Giants can beat the Vikings. The announcers doing the Giants game said the Giants felt confident too after nearly beating the Vikings in MN on Christmas Eve. 

I am putting my money on Kirk. Go Vikings!