Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 18 Around the NFL Game thread (Jan 7th and Jan 8th, 2023

NFLfan

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

One thing is for sure. 

Giants would be the easiest opponent in the playoffs in both the AFC and NFC. 

The next easiest opponent to play against would be Vikings :spit:

NFC wise, I don't trust the Bucs at all. I know they have Brady but they look bad. Vikings are better than the Jags, Ravens, Dolphins, and Chargers as far as overall playoff teams.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFC wise, I don't trust the Bucs at all. I know they have Brady but they look bad. Vikings are better than the Jags, Ravens, Dolphins, and Chargers as far as overall playoff teams.

Yeah, Bucs and Jags aren’t that scary. And the Ravens and Dolphins have no QBs. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ravens, Jaguars have great defenses, Dolphins are awesome in run defense. 

Chargers could be good or bad on any day. 

Bucs, if they play like how they've played all season, they would be out, but Brady in playoffs is a different animal. Never count Brady out in January, and their pass defense is good while run defense has fallen off their elite status from the previous years. 

Vikings defense can look like a joke if they don't get turnovers, but if the offense works they would look good. Some defenses have learned to keep Jefferson silent this year, and JJ is the ONLY reason Cousins has looked better of late. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

49ers will take care of Packers or Seahawks, whoever it is in the wild card round. They’re just a well rounded team in all phases.

I don't think the Bucs have much of a chance vs Dallas. Brady is Brady but I don't see it. Dallas got their bad game out of the way today. They are far better than Tampa Bay.

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ravens, Jaguars have great defenses, Dolphins are awesome in run defense. 

Chargers could be good or bad on any day. 

Bucs, if they play like how they've played all season, they would be out, but Brady in playoffs is a different animal. Never count Brady out in January, and their pass defense is good while run defense has fallen off their elite status from the previous years. 

Vikings defense can look like a joke if they don't get turnovers, but if the offense works they would look good. Some defenses have learned to keep Jefferson silent this year, and JJ is the ONLY reason Cousins has looked better of late. 

Vikings are great in close games, great teams win close games in the playoffs because almost every game is close.

I thought there's a chance Lamar and Tua could return in playoffs. 

Is that not the case? 

It is 50/50 and if they do, talk about rust.

I don't think the Bucs have much of a chance vs Dallas. Brady is Brady but I don't see it. Dallas got their bad game out of the way today. They are far better than Tampa Bay.

Dallas had their worst game of the season against the Bucs in week 1, losing 3-19.

But, Bucs became a shell of themselves after that, though playoffs could revive them. You never know.. 

Dallas had their worst game of the season against the Bucs in week 1, losing 3-19.

But, Bucs became a shell of themselves after that, though playoffs could revive them. You never know.. 

Never bet against Brady in the playoffs. Cowboys pass rush on grass is not potent and they play worse on the road. I’m taking Bucs by a FG or TD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I thought there's a chance Lamar and Tua could return in playoffs. 

Is that not the case? 

I think Tua has a better chance than Lamar. Jackson hasn’t practiced at all in weeks and almost seems like he’s holding out or something…

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see how good Purdy is in the playoffs? Playoffs are a different animal. I wouldn't put past GB upsetting them. 

Aaron has a score to settle with that franchise. Time for him to exorcise some demons (as long as he makes it through tonight).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will see how good Purdy is in the playoffs? Playoffs are a different animal. I wouldn't put past GB upsetting them. 

Rodgers has not been that great lately, a few years ago he used to be like Brady in the playoffs. That fire is going down steadily. 

If Purdy plays bad, it could go sideways. SF has had some inexplicable games this season against Denver, Atlanta, Vegas and Chicago. Their losses except the KC game were against very weak teams. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

I think Tua has a better chance than Lamar. Jackson hasn’t practiced at all in weeks and almost seems like he’s holding out or something…

That’s what happens when your Mom is your agent and you hold the team ransom and play this game of chicken for the contract. He gets banged up and probably doesn’t want to get back in the field, playoffs or not.

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Rodgers has not been that great lately, a few years ago he used to be like Brady in the playoffs. That fire is going down steadily. 

If Purdy plays bad, it could go sideways. SF has had some inexplicable games this season against Denver, Atlanta, Vegas and Chicago. Their losses except the KC game were against very weak teams. 

Rodgers has been playing smart lately, it is deceiving because he isn't putting up huge numbers. He knows what he is doing.

Packers have a score to settle with the 49ers after what happened last year. They need to win tonight first.

Yeah we will see.

On the AFC side, I’m thinking the Bills swan song comes to an end vs The Bengals and it’s Chiefs vs Bengals again in AFCCG

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers has been playing smart lately, it is deceiving because he isn't putting up huge numbers. He knows what he is doing.

Yes but throws he doesn’t miss usually, he’s missing this year, IMO

Ok Aaron quit screwing around. GB needs to respond.

Lions have the Packers number this year and it’s weird to say, Goff’s arm for the deep ball looks better than Rodgers.

The same throw, opposite side in the Colts game, Ehlinger threw to Campbell, underthrown that Campbell had to comeback while a 45 year old Brady would have thrown Campbell open for a TD.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Goff looks like the real deal.

Even with the Rams, when the OL gave him ungodly time, he was very good. Once Belichick got him to move him off his spot with pressure down the middle his weakness showed up. Goff needs protection to be perfect to play his best but when you get it right, he’ll do really well 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

A Lions win might be good for us. If Geno wins a playoff game that should earn him the QB position for next year. One less team to worry about in the draft. 

I don’t think a playoff appearance as a wild card is going to change their draft strategy, the Seahawks