Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17: Colts @ Giants, Sunday, Jan. 1, 2023, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

The bad luck Commanders thought they were slick by bringing in Carson and his bad luck.  Hoping a double dose of bad luck would actually turn their luck positive. It was actually working when they benched him.  But they made the mistake and brought him back.  Now Heinicke is hurt and Carson just threw his 3rd pick and they’re cooked.  That guy is cursed. 

Just now, Smoke317 said:

The bad luck Commanders thought they were slick by bringing in Carson and his bad luck.  Hoping a double dose of bad luck would actually turn their luck positive. It was actually working when they benched him.  But they made the mistake and brought him back.  Now Heinicke is hurt and Carson just threw his 3rd pick and they’re cooked.  That guy is cursed. 

Teams looked at what Brady and stacked did and stated chasing the vet to take them over the top. Colts and a few other teams are proving it rarely works.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

It’s not meddling. He didn’t want him anywhere part of his team. That’s two teams about to be three that want this guy gone. He is Jeff George redux

When an owner scapegoats a single player or at the very least trashes him publically, that is a pretty good sign he wanted him gone. 

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was getting food and saw that on the television monitor. Foles did not appear to be hit that hard but he appeared to be shaking on the field. It made me turn away. 

What is the update on Foles?

Then Thibs did this on the sideline.  No defending this.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

For good reason. I suspect Washington will be trying to move him this offseason.

Wherever Wentz is now, he was not as bad as Ryan was for this team. Forcing Ballard into that spot is meddling. 27 TDS to 7 picks would have this team in a much different spot.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was getting food and saw that on the television monitor. Foles did not appear to be hit that hard but he appeared to be shaking on the field. It made me turn away. 

What is the update on Foles?

Its a rib injury.. Foles is lucky its not more serious. All colts qb's  this season are lucky they aren't permanently broken behind ballards OL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Been that way for a while. Noticed it in another game as well (forgot which). The guys have given up. 

I often said too many NICE guys on this roster. Need some FOOTBALL dawgs!!! Gilmore will want out after the season. That's ANOTHER spot that Ballard will have to fill because the older Gilmore is the closest thing we have to a shutdown corner.

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

And I might add. Bringing this chump to Indy is reason enough to fire Frank. 

And look where we are now. The laughing stock of the nfl. But you’re right. Thank goodness we got rid of Frank. He was clearly the problem. Otherwise we might have TWO wins down the stretch.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Wherever Wentz is now, he was not as bad as Ryan was for this team. Forcing Ballard into that spot is meddling. 27 TDS to 7 picks would have this team in a much different spot.

He’s has been worse than Ryan this year. Sorry, the only error Jim made was not firing Frank as well for being this guy to Indy. 

1 minute ago, IndySouthsider said:

He’s has been worse than Ryan this year. Sorry, the only error Jim made was not firing Frank as well for being this guy to Indy. 

This year. But not last year when you know, he was on the team. 

Delude yourself all you want but last year we were a better team. Not chalking that up to one player but it’s pretty clear we’ve regressed this year, due in large part to QB play.

4 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

I often said too many NICE guys on this roster. Need some FOOTBALL dawgs!!! Gilmore will want out after the season. That's ANOTHER spot that Ballard will have to fill because the older Gilmore is the closest thing we have to a shutdown corner.

There is no way that Irsay can walk it back wirh Ballard. If it does it is a  money thing and he will be gone after 2023

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

We forget how poor Carson played for stretches last year.  Even his surrogate father Frank lost trust in his decision making. We had a game with like 10 pass attempts last year.  A game (maybe same one) where Carson had 50 yards passing.  He would’ve found a way to suck as much as needed to make sure the Jags still won the division.  He’s cursed and everywhere he goes gets cursed. Irsay felt it and knew it.  You cut that kind of cancer out of a team immediately. Don’t let it grow and spread. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This might sound dumb but is there a possibility Irsay did all of this to try and tank for a QB?

If he did, it’s pretty stupid because it may not even work…

At least one team will trade up with the Bears, Broncos or Seahawks… there’s a good chance we might have 0 QBs to choose from by pick 5.