Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need our future QB soon because Lawrence is legit

runthepost

People were saying Trevor was a bust as little as 7 games ago. I never thought it was the case.

But I don't see him becoming an extremely elite QB. He'll be a Top 10 QB for 2-3 years and then a top 15 QB for another 4-5 years if he stays healthy. He isn't a game changer, but he's still probably better then whatever Jacksonville had before.

4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

People were saying Trevor was a bust as little as 7 games ago. I never thought it was the case.

But I don't see him becoming an extremely elite QB. He'll be a Top 10 QB for 2-3 years and then a top 15 QB for another 4-5 years if he stays healthy. He isn't a game changer, but he's still probably better then whatever Jacksonville had before.

He is the best QB in our division, as far as when it is all said done, could he end up 20 of all-time, possibly? I like Burrow chances better. 

6 minutes ago, colts89 said:

If they had a team like the 2017 Jaguars making plays and playoffs, he’d have them in the SB over Bortles. Lots of things have to come together and have to give it to the Jaguars for choosing Pederson over Leftwich last off season 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is the best QB in our division, as far as when it is all said done, could he end up 20 of all-time, possibly? I like Burrow chances better. 

Burrow is at least a few tiers better than Lawrence. I can't see anything that tells me that Lawrence will be top 20 all time.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If they had a team like the 2017 Jaguars making plays and playoffs, he’d have them in the SB over Bortles. Lots of things have to come together and have to give it to the Jaguars for choosing Pederson over Leftwich last off season 

That's true. Definitely better than Bortles for sure :D

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO

Ryan will only get worse..... and he is horrid

I would rather let Foles have a crack at it

It may not make sense, but what would you think of Richardson in round 1 and Duggan in round 4?  

We would have a second and 2 thirds to get RG, an actual blocking TE, and another CB to develop 

MAC needs to go

I-O!

As far as drafting 2 QBs early (I know it would never happen) but I'd be all for it.  Washington covered themselves years ago by taking RG2 and Captain Kirk.  It wasn't a bad strategy.

When we took Luck, we also took a QB as Mr. Irrelevant, but he was never really going to make the team.  I'd like to see your scenario so that the guy who's supposed to be the new franchise QB has some real competition.

I mean... the path to long-term stability and contention is not a secret. That's why I've been begging this regime to try to find our next franchise QB through the draft ever since Luck retired. This is and has always been the best option for any team that doesn't currently have a franchise QB. Everything else is bandaids. You need to hit... or you will be in limbo. There are no shortcuts. Noone is gifting you franchise QBs in FA or trade. Draft and develop. :dunno:

22 hours ago, BProland85 said:

That being said Indy HAS to find their franchise QB in either the 2023 or 2024 draft. They also have to find their solution at HC and GM to sustain any success. 

Gee, other than those things, we're sitting in a good spot then.......

18 hours ago, Smonroe said:

As far as drafting 2 QBs early (I know it would never happen) but I'd be all for it.  Washington covered themselves years ago by taking RG2 and Captain Kirk.  It wasn't a bad strategy.

Yep, it was nearly genius to take RGIII high then draft Cousins in round 3.  Very bold.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Yep, it was nearly genius to take RGIII high then draft Cousins in round 3.  Very bold.

They knew the history of QBs that run first versus QBs that pass first. Now, the evolution is to move around with your feet to still pass first, so pass first mostly wins. 

42 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

If we got Levis and the guy from Utah in the 3rd, that would be exciting.

Actually, Max Duggan is most likely a 4th rounder and is going to be docked for not having a strong arm (and he can throw high at times plus had a genetic heart condition he has overcome) but he has all the intangibles you can ask for. I'd get a Round 1 QB like Levis and follow it up with Max Duggan in Round 4, which is where his draft position will end up settling down, unless a guy like Hendon Hooker drops all the way to Round 4, which is not happening.  After picking a QB in Round 1, spending a Day 2 pick on another QB will be a waste of resources, especially if we know our team needs a lot of infusion of talent. 

56 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Actually, Max Duggan is most likely a 4th rounder and is going to be docked for not having a strong arm (and he can throw high at times plus had a genetic heart condition he has overcome) but he has all the intangibles you can ask for. I'd get a Round 1 QB like Levis and follow it up with Max Duggan in Round 4, which is where his draft position will end up settling down, unless a guy like Hendon Hooker drops all the way to Round 4, which is not happening.  After picking a QB in Round 1, spending a Day 2 pick on another QB will be a waste of resources, especially if we know our team needs a lot of infusion of talent. 

We are not drafting two quarterbacks in the same draft.  They are not crazy enough to do that.  If we draft one in the first round that's all she wrote. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

We are not drafting two quarterbacks in the same draft.  They are not crazy enough to do that.  If we draft one in the first round that's all she wrote. 

You are probably right especially with Sam E still an experiment they are likely not want to abandon. The only way it happens is if Sam E is released thus requiring more infusion of youth to the QB position because most teams keep 3 QBs. The main question is if they keep Nick Foles or bring someone in like Brissett back into the fold for mentoring.

Just realized that Jaguars had traded for Calvin Ridley from the Falcons and if his suspension is done, could get a huge boost to their risk reward from a skill position point of view:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-trade-for-suspended-falcons-wr-calvin-ridley

The Falcons' trade return is two future draft picks that can range from a maximum compensation of a 2023 fifth-rounder and a 2024 second-round pick, which will be conditional upon Ridley's reinstatement.

I am sure Ridley is sitting happy knowing he will be catching passes from Lawrence instead of Ryan.  :) 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Just realized that Jaguars had traded for Calvin Ridley from the Falcons and if his suspension is done, could get a huge boost to their risk reward from a skill position point of view:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-trade-for-suspended-falcons-wr-calvin-ridley

The Falcons' trade return is two future draft picks that can range from a maximum compensation of a 2023 fifth-rounder and a 2024 second-round pick, which will be conditional upon Ridley's reinstatement.

I am sure Ridley is sitting happy knowing he will be catching passes from Lawrence instead of Ryan.  :) 

Yeah that makes them a legitimate threat to actually contend for the division next year. 

Archived