Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie

21isSuperman

Before his concussions, Austin Collie was on fire. He was leading the league in many WR categories due to his solid route running, reliable hands, and great chemistry with Peyton. When Clark got injured a few years ago, Collie turned into Peyton's go-to guy when Peyton's security blanket was usually Clark. How will he do with Luck? Will he be able to lead the league again in any stat or will be a solid, but not outstanding, WR? Luck is similar to Peyton in many ways, so is it realistic to expect Collie to have a huge season in a few years?

I think if one person had to be the security blanket, it would be Reggie. He's the all-pro, he's the vet, he's the best receiver. I think if I'm a rookie I'm looking to him. Austin Collie will probably be the 2nd or 3rd read most of the time.

Austin is a very underrated receiver, and with the right QB could be great. But... we have to keep in mind, that it was Peyton Manning throwing to him. Now Luck reminds you of Peyton, but he is not Peyton. You can expect good numbers, but not the 2010 first 6 games numbers.

I agree that Collie is underrated. However, he needs to beef up his game especially after his concussions and his non-existence last season.

He'll be a solid #2 for Luck

The only reason Collie was non existent last year was because Painter was unable to make more than two reads, which were Reggie and Garcon

I think if one person had to be the security blanket, it would be Reggie. He's the all-pro, he's the vet, he's the best receiver. I think if I'm a rookie I'm looking to him. Austin Collie will probably be the 2nd or 3rd read most of the time.

Austin is a very underrated receiver, and with the right QB could be great. But... we have to keep in mind, that it was Peyton Manning throwing to him. Now Luck reminds you of Peyton, but he is not Peyton. You can expect good numbers, but not the 2010 first 6 games numbers.

The safety net depends less on experience and more on who the roommate is during training camp. Whether it was Stokes or Dallas, Manning's safety blanket was always his roommate. Witten and Romo, Flacco and Pitta, Sanchez and Keller, etc.

The safety net depends less on experience and more on who the roommate is during training camp. Whether it was Stokes or Dallas, Manning's safety blanket was always his roommate. Witten and Romo, Flacco and Pitta, Sanchez and Keller, etc.

Flyers, heck Ya.

Today's game was a huge sigh of relief, so happy that I wont have to see Crosby and his mustache anymore

That's considered a mustache?

I don't know how TC works, but this would make me think that they watch film in their rooms. Peyton and his roommate watch film after TC and keep working on getting better. That extra time each night gives them a huge edge

I'm sure Luck will throw to all his receivers in camp and see which he has the most rapport with when running routes. Collie was consistant on his routes and slot receivers are good for short and middle gains so I hope they click and continue the type of game Manning was famous for.

The only reason Collie was non existent last year was because Painter was unable to make more than two reads, which were Reggie and Garcon

That's one more read than I'd give him... thanks for that point though, kind of hard to give merit to any 2011 offensive stats :huthut:

Collie was attached at the hip to Peyton during his first training camp. I hope to see the same thing with Luck when I go out there this year. He's every bit as good as Welker if not better given the opportunity. He's taller, stronger and may be faster, not sure. He runs great routes, has fantastic hands and is as smart as they come. If he and Luck click, he will be the Colts #1 WR and will be at or near the top in every WR stat.

Collie is a solid receiver but needs at least one outstanding receiver to take the other team's top corner away. Collie's success comes playing the slot against safeties and linebackers. Hopefully Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery will provide the type of help that Collie needs.

Luck and Whalen had a good connection at the college level. When Owusu went out, Whalen became Luck's go to receiver (aside from tight ends) at the slot position. Whalen and Collie are similar, of course, Collie is much more pollished. I see can see Luck having a solid connection with Collie.

Collie was attached at the hip to Peyton during his first training camp. I hope to see the same thing with Luck when I go out there this year. He's every bit as good as Welker if not better given the opportunity. He's taller, stronger and may be faster, not sure. He runs great routes, has fantastic hands and is as smart as they come. If he and Luck click, he will be the Colts #1 WR and will be at or near the top in every WR stat.

Collie was always attached to Peyton, from what I saw. During the games when the defense was out and Peyton was sitting on the bench, I would always see Collie sitting next to him and they would both be looking at pictures or talking about what they were seeing the defense do.