Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 8 Practice Report

RollerColt

37 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not bad.  Don’t expect Kwitty back.  Pinter is a decent sub.  

I don’t know what to expect from Leonard.  

I think it'll be another couple of weeks before we see Kwitty back to practice. No reason to rush him back. I think Pinter can do just fine in service of Kelly too. 

49 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Not bad.  Don’t expect Kwitty back.  Pinter is a decent sub.  

I don’t know what to expect from Leonard.  

Ryan kelly needs to be bench I’m a stand on that , center is more about leverage and quickness to move to the next block etc… kelly just doesn’t have the quickness being a bigger center and he lacks strength after years of elbow injuries and stuff

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I think it'll be another couple of weeks before we see Kwitty back to practice. No reason to rush him back. I think Pinter can do just fine in service of Kelly too. 

I imagine most, if not all, of Sam's reps over the past two seasons have been with Pinter and not Kelly.

13 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I imagine most, if not all, of Sam's reps over the past two seasons have been with Pinter and not Kelly.

Yes, that's important to note. He'll be more familiar with Pinter anyway. It's hugely important the relationship between a QB and his center. 

Colts / Commanders Thurs Injury Report: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts-commanders-injury-report-improvement-seen-thursday

COLTS

THURSDAY

Did Not Participate —  DE Kwity Paye (ankle), QB Matt Ryan (right shoulder), DT Grover Stewart (rest), LB Grant Stuard (pectoral)

Full Participant — WR Keke Coutee (concussion), LB JoJo Domann (abdomen), LB Zaire Franklin (shoulder), CB Stephon Gilmore (rest), C Ryan Kelly (knee), LB Shaquille Leonard (back), DE Yannick Ngakoue (rest), LS Luke Rhodes (shoulder)

There was an improvement in spots across the board for the Colts on Thursday's injury report. The only new player to pop up was Stewart with his veteran's rest day, Gilmore and Ngakoue returned in full from their rest days on Wednesday, and both Domann and Kelly were upgraded to full participation.

============================================================================

COMMANDERS

THURSDAY

Did Not Participate — DT Jonathan Allen (rest), G Saahdiq Charles (illness), WR Jahan Dotson (hamstring), LB Cole Holcomb (foot), CB William Jackson III (back), TE Cole Turner (concussion)

Limited Participant — WR Dyami Brown (groin), TE Logan Thomas (calf), RB Jonathan Williams (knee)

Full Participant — OT Sam Cosmi (finger), QB Taylor Heinicke (calf)

Everything is the same for Washington on Thursday as it was on Wednesday, save for Allen being given a veteran's rest day.

Charles and Cosmi make up the right side of Washington's offensive line. Plus, with former Colts and current Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz on Injured Reserve with a finger injury, Heinicke is the starting quarterback. How much might his calf injury limit his mobility on Sunday?

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Colts / Commanders Thurs Injury Report: 

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts-commanders-injury-report-improvement-seen-thursday

COLTS

THURSDAY

Did Not Participate —  DE Kwity Paye (ankle), QB Matt Ryan (right shoulder), DT Grover Stewart (rest), LB Grant Stuard (pectoral)

Full Participant — WR Keke Coutee (concussion), LB JoJo Domann (abdomen), LB Zaire Franklin (shoulder), CB Stephon Gilmore (rest), C Ryan Kelly (knee), LB Shaquille Leonard (back), DE Yannick Ngakoue (rest), LS Luke Rhodes (shoulder)

There was an improvement in spots across the board for the Colts on Thursday's injury report. The only new player to pop up was Stewart with his veteran's rest day, Gilmore and Ngakoue returned in full from their rest days on Wednesday, and both Domann and Kelly were upgraded to full participation.

============================================================================

COMMANDERS

THURSDAY

Did Not Participate — DT Jonathan Allen (rest), G Saahdiq Charles (illness), WR Jahan Dotson (hamstring), LB Cole Holcomb (foot), CB William Jackson III (back), TE Cole Turner (concussion)

Limited Participant — WR Dyami Brown (groin), TE Logan Thomas (calf), RB Jonathan Williams (knee)

Full Participant — OT Sam Cosmi (finger), QB Taylor Heinicke (calf)

Everything is the same for Washington on Thursday as it was on Wednesday, save for Allen being given a veteran's rest day.

Charles and Cosmi make up the right side of Washington's offensive line. Plus, with former Colts and current Commanders quarterback Carson Wentz on Injured Reserve with a finger injury, Heinicke is the starting quarterback. How much might his calf injury limit his mobility on Sunday?

I think I heard something about Allen being hurt for commanders and they were not sure he would play. Guess not.  That calf injury will be something to watch.

10 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Ryan kelly needs to be bench I’m a stand on that , center is more about leverage and quickness to move to the next block etc… kelly just doesn’t have the quickness being a bigger center and he lacks strength after years of elbow injuries and stuff

Yep, Ryan Kelly is done, but Ballard and Reich are in denial, so they keep putting him out there.

COMMANDERS:

FRIDAY

Did Not Participate — WR Jahan Dotson (hamstring), LB Cole Holcomb (foot), CB William Jackson III (back), TE Cole Turner (concussion)

Limited Participant — DT Jonathan Allen (rest), WR Dyami Brown (groin), G Saahdiq Charles (illness), TE Logan Thomas (calf)

Full Participant — OT Sam Cosmi (finger), QB Taylor Heinicke (calf), RB Jonathan Williams (knee)

OUT — Jahan Dotson, Cole Holcomb, William Jackson III, Cole Turner

QUESTIONABLE — Dyami Brown, Saahdiq Charles, Logan Thomas

Dotson and Jackson are big injuries. Dotson has been injured throughout the season but he's quite a dangerous weapon when he's on the field. Jackson has also shown flashes of being an above-average corner despite a rough go of it during his time in Washington. Still, his absence could be a break for Ehlinger in his first start.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:26 PM, CanuckColt said:

Yep, Ryan Kelly is done, but Ballard and Reich are in denial, so they keep putting him out there.

Franks loyalty has cost us year in year out. Instead of looking at what he see on tape he constantly stick to guys that are underperforming instead of playing the better backup and that sends a message to players in another way 

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Conspiracy theory:  Any starter not playing is being held out to avoid injury before the trade deadline.

We aren't selling, no reason too. I thought the only players out were Ryan and Paye who is legit injured. Moore is questionable. Leonard is playing and I haven't heard of anyone being out on offense except for Ryan.

Archived