Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We miss Jack Doyle

AustexColt

To get our running game truly going we need a steady blocking TE. We have none on the current roster and I am surprised Ballard has not brought one in for our practice squad. In the last Titan game their LBers were shooting up the gap which Mo was too late and poorly blocked, resulting JT making no gains.  We also need to get a solid RG or better play from Pryor. That is the weakest link. 

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Pryor, Facyson, both need to be replaced.

Doyle was always underrated as a blocker. (i noticed Woods getting more snaps this week, maybe that continues over Mo)

Yea , if mo not gonna be good at blocking might as well have the better receiving threat out there 

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wydermyer was a pretty good blocker in college,one of the reasons he was projected as a possible 2nd rounder prior to the 2021 college season. He had the biggest slide of any player in the 2022 draft ,we may have something here.....

Woods, was also considered more of a blocking TE before he transfered to Virginia, his last season.

28 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Losing Glow, Doyle, and Pascal was killer to the run game. Glow wasn't best at pass pro but he could maul a lane as good as Q.

The WRs have done a decent to pretty good job at blocking down field it’s just getting the back down field that’s the issue.  I agree Doyle’s retirement and losing Glow and having his replacement not work out is really hurting.

Unfortunately, players like Jack Doyle are not easy to find. It’s rare for a tight end to have the ability to block and advance the passing game down the field. Most tight ends only do one thing well. Doyle was in the fraternity of a rare breed. There might be 10 tight ends in the league that can do both. 

I do believe that Doyle was right to walk away. His injury rate was getting higher every season. He knew it was time, and I believe it was the right time. Replacing him will not be easy. 

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, AustexColt said:

To get our running game truly going we need a steady blocking TE. We have none on the current roster and I am surprised Ballard has not brought one in for our practice squad. In the last Titan game their LBers were shooting up the gap which Mo was too late and poorly blocked, resulting JT making no gains.  We also need to get a solid RG or better play from Pryor. That is the weakest link. 

He was solid ....he wasn't a premier run blocker.... Our other options were just that bad for years.

On 10/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I was told and am constantly being told that the reason we extended Mo was because of how good his blocking was in the run game.

I constantly see Mo missing key blocks when I rewatch games.  He’s just not consistent.  Hopefully Woods can be that guy.  I don’t think Granson is.

7 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I constantly see Mo missing key blocks when I rewatch games.  He’s just not consistent.  Hopefully Woods can be that guy.  I don’t think Granson is.

yeah I don’t understand the Mo signing either. 
Granson and Woods are the future and maybe Ogltre. 

15 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Yeah Granson is more a pass catching tightend.  Don’t sleep Ogltre when he comes back next year.  

7 hours ago, Indy87 said:

yeah I don’t understand the Mo signing either. 
Granson and Woods are the future and maybe Ogltre. 

Because if they hadn’t they would have depended on two rookies (one of which is now hurt) and a second year tight end that didn’t have a great season last year.  Add in the young WRs as well it was to make sure they have a little experience in the pass catching group.

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because if they hadn’t they would have depended on two rookies (one of which is now hurt) and a second year tight end that didn’t have a great season last year.  Add in the young WRs as well it was to make sure they have a little experience in the pass catching group.

that makes complete sense 

Archived