Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regular Season vol 1: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

w87r

17 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Well, then perhaps it is about something more than his vaccination status which I conceded and understand if that is the case. If it is just about his vocal resistance to being vaccinated last year, then it is a poor reason. I was vaccinated twice and got a booster but could care less whether Cole Beasley or any other players have the same status. I do care if they can play football and potentially help our team. That was my whole point to begin with.

i understand that.   Don’t you think all 32 GMs want to win too?    Shouldn't Cole Beasley help them?   If the Vaxx is no longer an issue, then something sure is?   No one made him an offer he couldn’t refuse?    Seems very strange to me. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

i understand that.   Don’t you think all 32 GMs want to win too?    Shouldn't Cole Beasley help them?   If the Vaxx is no longer an issue, then something sure is?   No one made him an offer he couldn’t refuse?    Seems very strange to me. 

As of now OBJ is without a job as well. I don’t think the vax or even COVID matters anymore. You have some good guys still out there and age might be the biggest thing. Each year the draft produces some good WR’s and teams might catch on to playing young guys versus signing old guys. Like Ballard for instance. Just my point of view anyways. Not directing everything towards you but posting in general. 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

As of now OBJ is without a job as well. I don’t think the vax or even COVID matters anymore. You have some good guys still out there and age might be the biggest thing. Each year the draft produces some good WR’s and teams might catch on to playing young guys versus signing old guys. Like Ballard for instance. Just my point of view anyways. Not directing everything towards you but posting in general. 

OBJ is without a deal because he blew up his knee in mid-February.   He’s not due back until November at the earliest.  It’s hard to know what that is worth.  And do you sign him for 2022, or do you offer two years and include 2023.   In other words, his deal is much more complicated than a deal for Beasley.  

CB just had 82 catches last year and 82 the year before that.  And he’s not even 30.    That he’s not signed by now is a lot of Red Flags for me.   And it would appear to be for GMs too. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

OBJ is without a deal because he blew up his knee in mid-February.   He’s not due back until November at the earliest.  It’s hard to know what that is worth.  And do you sign him for 2022, or do you offer two years and include 2023.   In other words, his deal is much more complicated than a deal for Beasley.  

CB just had 82 catches last year and 82 the year before that.  And he’s not even 30.    That he’s not signed by now is a lot of Red Flags for me.   And it would appear to be for GMs too. 

OBJ will be signed this year. I have no doubts because he will help a team. Who… don’t know. Rams might bring him back if they need help. CB has stats to back up his claim and I agree. Honestly he would fit us perfectly since we want a short passing game. Again, teams want to see what they have with there youth. Both will have a team by the end of the season to me though. TY might even end up somewhere if he is open to it. 

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

OBJ will be signed this year. I have no doubts because he will help a team. Who… don’t know. Rams might bring him back if they need help. CB has stats to back up his claim and I agree. Honestly he would fit us perfectly since we want a short passing game. Again, teams want to see what they have with there youth. Both will have a team by the end of the season to me though. TY might even end up somewhere if he is open to it. 

Im not arguing that neither will get a deal this year.   I’m simply saying the two situations are completely different.   OBJ is very complicated.   

Beasley should be much more straight forward.    He’s still young and talented.   Multiple teams should want him.  The Colts should want him, yet for whatever reason, so far, we don’t appear to.   If it’s only about the player, he’s an easy call to sign.  Since he’s NOT signed yet, there must be more to it.    Those are the Red Flags. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not arguing that neither will get a deal this year.   I’m simply saying the two situations are completely different.   OBJ is very complicated.   

Beasley should be much more straight forward.    He’s still young and talented.   Multiple teams should want him.  The Colts should want him, yet for whatever reason, so far, we don’t appear to.   If it’s only about the player, he’s an easy call to sign.  Since he’s NOT signed yet, there must be more to it.    Those are the Red Flags. 

Beasley young? He is 33

8 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Beasley young? He is 33

Sorry….  I thought I had read he’s 28-29?   If I’m wrong, then my bad.   

So I’ll amend my comment to say he’s still playing at a very high level as his last two seasons of 82 catches each year have demonstrated.   

Thanks for the correction.     :thmup:

Saw this article in the Indy Star. Highlights HS football and the Colts. Good read if you have a subscription to the Star. 

Colts connections to IHSAA football on full display as sons light up Friday nights

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/09/14/ty-hilton-chris-ballard-sons-eugene-cole-making-noise-in-indiana-high-school-football-colts-ihsaa/69485694007/

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one made him an offer he couldn’t refuse?

He said he had multiple offers hes considering while trying to find the best fit.  This was from CB himself reported by BR

Sounds like he wants to avoid bad teams and probably go somewhere with a good QB too

30 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He said he had multiple offers hes considering while trying to find the best fit.  This was from CB himself reported by BR

Sounds like he wants to avoid bad teams and probably go somewhere with a good QB too

Yes….  Multiple offers now….  

But how is it he got no offers he liked until now?    How is it he’s not on a roster of a decent team by now?    He was a key part of Buffalos offense these past few years.   82 catches in each of the last two years and he’s not yet signed?   He can still play. 
That’s a big concern to me. 

In other news….   It’s good to see you.   I haven’t seen a post of yours in a very long time.   Good to see you back posting again!     :thmup:

15 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I think Ballard is staying close to the OBJ situation.  I don't think OBJ wants to commit right away either.  He can afford to wait and see who the contenders are going to be. I know Ballard wants to see his young receivers develop but he needs to monitor it closely.  Pittman is our only proven WR.  Lose him and we are in trouble imo.  I think we could really use a proven no.2 right now.  I'm hoping the Pats keep losing and maybe we can trade for Agholor.  He is supposedly on the bloc.  He would be my first choice but I'm sure there are others who could be available as well.  Hopefully our receivers step up and show some promise in these upcoming games.  If not I think Ballard might need to bring in a reinforcement. 

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Ballard is staying close to the OBJ situation.  I don't think OBJ wants to commit right away either.  He can afford to wait and see who the contenders are going to be. I know Ballard wants to see his young receivers develop but he needs to monitor it closely.  Pittman is our only proven WR.  Lose him and we are in trouble imo.  I think we could really use a proven no.2 right now.  I'm hoping the Pats keep losing and maybe we can trade for Agholor.  He is supposedly on the bloc.  He would be my first choice but I'm sure there are others who could be available as well.  Hopefully our receivers step up and show some promise in these upcoming games.  If not I think Ballard might need to bring in a reinforcement. 

OBJ probably isn’t helping anyone this season. I think C. Beasley is the logical choice if the Colts signed anyone. Depending on the Colts record around the trade deadline, that would most likely determine any trade for a WR, if any are available. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I thought there would be more anger on the radio and fan podcast this morning. But there isn’t. It’s actually sadness in everyone’s voice. That isn’t good. That should be anger.

They know it's over. Our time is done, and has been for years. We're right in the thick of the mediocrity cycle now. It's going to be a while before we break it. 

It's one thing to get beat because the other team just played better or made some insane turnover happen. It's another thing to be beaten so badly in all aspects of the game. Hell, my high school coach would even say, "this isn't working, so we're changing it up."

Continuing to do the same thing over and over that isn't working is a failure at every level in coaching and game planning.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I thought there would be more anger on the radio and fan podcast this morning. But there isn’t. It’s actually sadness in everyone’s voice. That isn’t good. That should be anger.

Why?

If there was more anger on the radio and podcast, would that make you happier today?

If they were angry, would that make any more of a difference to the team, than them just being "sad"?

Seriously.... Why isn't that good, why should it be anger? How would that help anything? What's the point?

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

Why?

If there was more anger on the radio and podcast, would that make you happier today?

If they were angry, would that make any more of a difference to the team, than them just being "sad"?

Seriously.... Why isn't that good, why should it be anger? How would that help anything? What's the point?

I think fans are mad and want to feel like they are validated for being mad because others are too.  They also want to see someone yelling at the team because they want too and can’t.  

55 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Fans on radio are actually questioning Irsays  mind and say he isn’t lucid and need the keys taken away. 

Fans are fans for a reason.  A lot of these same fans wanted Eberflus run out of town the last two years and and questioned how Nic Siriana got a head coaching job in the first place because he did nothing here because Frank called the plays.  They also called for Chad Kelly to be given a chance and learned nothing when he was let go and all 32 teams passed on him and now want Sam to start.

Fans are fans and there is a reason teams don’t listen to them.

34 minutes ago, w87r said:

Why?

I'm not angry either, because I feel the same way: what's the point anymore? I'm in my 30s so I know I'm not old, but I'm older and starting to realize this stuff just isn't as important. I still love the Colts, but even these losses just, make me more sad than angry I guess? 

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'm not angry either, because I feel the same way: what's the point anymore? I'm in my 30s so I know I'm not old, but I'm older and starting to realize this stuff just isn't as important. I still love the Colts, but even these losses just, make me more sad than angry I guess? 

Yeah that’s why it’s Bad. Apathy can take years to overcome.

47 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think fans are mad and want to feel like they are validated for being mad because others are too.  They also want to see someone yelling at the team because they want too and can’t.  

32 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I get being mad, I am mad too.

I just don't understand someone telling someone else how they should be feeling or how they are processing what just had to be processed.

No need for validation on being able to be mad, everyone should be mad, ownership, front office, coaches, players and fans.

It was an embarrassment for everyone involved.

Has to be rock bottom right? Only 1 way up at this point. Worst case scenario we are 1/2 game out of division, after this week, so the grind continues.

Not really expecting a win this week vs Chiefs, but that is the kind of stuff our team does....

Fans are just frustrated. They’ve been listening to coach- and GM-speak for a long time and “potential”, “delayed gratification”, “that’s on me” and “we need to be better” just gets old eventually. 

I don’t think fans really have an issue with losing. It’s the fact we never seem to get better. 

I won’t get to see the game next week vs the Chiefs, but right now I just don’t really care. I’ll catch the results monday. 

Archived