Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Claim OT Luke Tenuta

dw49

18 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Do you realize how much our backup oline had to play last year. One starter and backup aren’t with the team. We elevated two of our backups to starters. We haven’t replaced any of these guys with nfl experience. I am ok with fries because he has been in the system now and we have tape. Just not sure after that. We had awesome depth last year and those depth guys played something like 500 snaps because of injuries and Covid. 

Dennis Kelly is about as experienced, and versatile, as they come.  

The two guys they elevated, have just as much experience in the system as the guy you listed being ok with, Fries.... And Pinter has more.  

Raimann is the talented young development guy ... And Tenuta is your #3/#4 OT..... We'll be ok, and if we had to play all our backups at once, Matt would feel a huge improvement over the last five OL he's had in ATL.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

What? "A lot of people" are concerned about Kelly at Center.
 Very FEW feel comfortable with Pryor or Pinter (show me).
  Smith is Among the best run blockers and a mediocrity pass blocking.
  So how in the WORLD would ANYONE consider this line within a country mile of Elite???  

funny-wacky.gif

They'll be upper half of the league, easily if they stay healthy.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Let’s see Kelly play before “a lot of people” should be concerned.  Q and Smith, as well as Kelly make the Oline less than a city block of being elite. 

Pryor and Raimann are both solid, and the depth is decent with Fries and Kelly coming back.  

90% of the teams in the league would love to have our Oline.  

At 343 lbs Pryor will have trouble mainting contact with speed rushers, and getting to defenders run blocking at the 2nd level and downfield.

Kelly, even prior to his elbow injury has had trouble with big bull rushers.

Pintor was not knocking anybody off the line in pre-season and showed us there will be errors made picking up blitzes. 

Smith can be counted on to have some trouble with speed rushers.
 Yes give them time working together the pass pro should improve, we will see where they get with run blocking.

I'm positive on Fries, think Raimann just might start sometime this season.

Backup Kelly has + history, and i have just taken a look at Wes French and we may have found a solid prospect there. 

I think it possible that we have a line that right now, 75% or more of the teams would like to have. 

Come playoff time my dream is that we get our best five on the field and that includes Raimann and Pryor. 

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

At 343 lbs Pryor will have trouble mainting contact with speed rushers, and getting to defenders run blocking at the 2nd level and downfield.

Kelly, even prior to his elbow injury has had trouble with big bull rushers.

Pintor was not knocking anybody off the line in pre-season and showed us there will be errors made picking up blitzes. 

Smith can be counted on to have some trouble with speed rushers.
 Yes give them time working together the pass pro should improve, we will see where they get with run blocking.

I'm positive on Fries, think Raimann just might start sometime this season.

Backup Kelly has + history, and i have just taken a look at Wes French and we may have found a solid prospect there. 

I think it possible that we have a line that right now, 75% or more of the teams would like to have. 

Come playoff time my dream is that we get our best five on the field and that includes Raimann and Pryor. 

Pryor, (332 lbs) and or Raimann will both probably need some help with the better speed rushers.  Nothing wrong with that.  One problem is that MAC hasn't shown he's anywhere near the inline blocker that Doyle was.  But he's pretty good in helping with the speed rushers.

You're right, Pinter wasn't showing out in the preseason.  But that's also a wait and see.  Fries looks like he's improving and can step in if needed.  There's probably not a team in the league with a group as good as Smith, Kelly and Q.  

I'd say we have a top 10 line right now.  But we really won't know if that's true until we see them playing together for a few games.  

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

What? "A lot of people" are concerned about Kelly at Center.
 Very FEW feel comfortable with Pryor or Pinter (show me).
  Smith is Among the best run blockers and a mediocrity pass blocking.
  So how in the WORLD would ANYONE consider this line within a country mile of Elite???  

funny-wacky.gif

I agree with most other than the medicore comment about Smith

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Pryor, (332 lbs) and or Raimann will both probably need some help with the better speed rushers.  Nothing wrong with that.  One problem is that MAC hasn't shown he's anywhere near the inline blocker that Doyle was.  But he's pretty good in helping with the speed rushers.

You're right, Pinter wasn't showing out in the preseason.  But that's also a wait and see.  Fries looks like he's improving and can step in if needed.  There's probably not a team in the league with a group as good as Smith, Kelly and Q.  

I'd say we have a top 10 line right now.  But we really won't know if that's true until we see them playing together for a few games.  

I was quoting Pryor from an article in the last two weeks. He had gotten to 360 yikes in the off season and sounded like he was good at 343. I thought they listed him at 330 last season and then he definitely looked (to me) not at all nimble.
 Thanks for being str8 up about Mo's blocking. It is not $6M Dollars worth.
 That injured kid could have/and may do a Lou Gehrig on him next year.

14 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I was quoting Pryor from an article in the last two weeks. He had gotten to 360 yikes in the off season and sounded like he was good at 343. I thought they listed him at 330 last season and then he definitely looked (to me) not at all nimble.

Wally Pipp...nice!

44 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

One of my degrees is from YSU, so I was really rooting for Ogletree.  Good blocker and great receiver.  He was beating out Woods, but it was early.   

20 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

BBZ….

Any idea where that article is?   Who carried it?    I’d love to read that.    Thanks.     :thmup:

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

BBZ….

Any idea where that article is?   Who carried it?    I’d love to read that.    Thanks.     :thmup:

Yes i should have posted the link at the time.

I looked back at my usual haunts for the written interview, and no luck.

Below is the first time i shared the info. I would think it came within a day or two of this.

Pretty sure Pryor was listed at 330 last year. In a recent article he admitted balloning to 360 after last season and boasted about having "lost weight" getting down to to 343 here in camp. I know i was hoping he would get down to below 320 by hard work with more lean muscle...

August 21

On 9/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, Smonroe said:

Pretty sure MoCox is fine as a blocker.....  Doyle was above average at everything, that's what made him great....that, and his consistency.... But none of Doyle's skills were exceptional.... It's just rare to find a guy who is "very good" at everything.... But not "great" at anything.

I thought both Pryor and Raimann looked good against Tampa.   Raimann got beat once vs Tampa but you can see that he’s going to be very good in pass pro.  

Pryor had a good game.  Jackson missed a blitz pickup off that side of the line that wasn’t Pryor’s fault.  MAC also blew a block on a running play.   Pryor is definitely ahead of Raimann run blocking at this point. Speed rushers will be the test.  

Archived