Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Claim OT Luke Tenuta

dw49

7 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

I remember him. 6'8, 330 lbs, 33 inch arms

At least he has the size.  

14 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Will they be able to stash him on the PS? 

Hopefully they put Sam on the PS and this guy on the 53 man roster.

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

At least he has the size.  

Hopefully they put Sam on the PS and this guy on the 53 man roster.

23 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Will they be able to stash him on the PS? 

No. To claim a player, they’ve got to go to the active 53 for 3 weeks per league rules. You’ll likely see a D player cut

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No. To claim a player, they’ve got to go to the active 53 for 3 weeks per league rules. You’ll likely see a D player cut

34 minutes ago, ruf said:

I think they might cut French

Apparently CB Tony Brown wasn't listed on the practice roster today, so he's probably the one they're waiving to make room.

1 hour ago, Boss7894 said:

I'm not excited about any of the pickups happening now

Did you expect to be? As tfunky said, these are mostly just depth moves. It's not even trying to find a diamond in the rough, more like a piece of copper that would be serviceable.

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

isnt Rainmann already giving him competition

Maybe Rainmann isn't as far along as they like and more of a developmental prospect.  Not going to be ready this year.

Not to say Rainmann isn't going to be a fine LT one day, just needs more time.

3 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Just depth people , relax

Do you realize how much our backup oline had to play last year. One starter and backup aren’t with the team. We elevated two of our backups to starters. We haven’t replaced any of these guys with nfl experience. I am ok with fries because he has been in the system now and we have tape. Just not sure after that. We had awesome depth last year and those depth guys played something like 500 snaps because of injuries and Covid. 

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Maybe Rainmann isn't as far along as they like and more of a developmental prospect.  Not going to be ready this year.

I think you're looking too far into it. All reports on Rainmann thus far have been positive. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I stand corrected, earlier this preseason I said no way French made the cut.... I think I was confusing him with the other center, mollette, from central Michigan?  I dunno....but, either way, what I typed was wrong!

I think Wesley French (from Western Michigan) may turn out to be a very good center.

565b50b9-2ab5-4e90-8516-e91f382057e5-2021-1227-dm-wmichigan-nevada01480.webp

This claim makes me feel better about the O-Line depth. I remembered him in the draft, but figured Ballard wouldn't draft him because of his RAS score. When the Bills got him, I was curious if he'd ever do anything. Happy to get him off waivers as a depth lineman. IMO, it gives us a dart throw to improve the O-Line, and that's all we could ask for with waiver claims coming through.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This claim makes me feel better about the O-Line depth. I remembered him in the draft, but figured Ballard wouldn't draft him because of his RAS score. When the Bills got him, I was curious if he'd ever do anything. Happy to get him off waivers as a depth lineman. IMO, it gives us a dart throw to improve the O-Line, and that's all we could ask for with waiver claims coming through.

Everybody seems worried about the depth of our O-line.  And rightly so.  But I’m also quite concerned about our first 5 - at least 2 or 3 of them.

I get the impression that a lot of people see Nelson and Smith on there and assume that our line is still the elite unit it was a couple years ago.

Hopefully Raimann comes along well through the season.  I think he has great potential.

He was drafted ahead of Brooks so almost like we recouped that draft pick back (Brooks was only one to miss the 53). Even was a possibility we originally wanted him in that spot and when didnt get him gave Van Demark that big signing bonus. Son of a college coach,been around the game his whole life. Has the size. Worth the claim imo.

16 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

If Raimann progresses and Pryor struggles, Raimann could finish out the year. 

2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Everybody seems worried about the depth of our O-line.  And rightly so.  But I’m also quite concerned about our first 5 - at least 2 or 3 of them.

I get the impression that a lot of people see Nelson and Smith on there and assume that our line is still the elite unit it was a couple years ago.

Hopefully Raimann comes along well through the season.  I think he has great potential.

What? "A lot of people" are concerned about Kelly at Center.
 Very FEW feel comfortable with Pryor or Pinter (show me).
  Smith is Among the best run blockers and a mediocrity pass blocking.
  So how in the WORLD would ANYONE consider this line within a country mile of Elite???  

funny-wacky.gif

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

What? "A lot of people" are concerned about Kelly at Center.
 Very FEW feel comfortable with Pryor or Pinter (show me).
  Smith is Among the best run blockers and a mediocrity pass blocking.
  So how in the WORLD would ANYONE consider this line within a country mile of Elite???  

funny-wacky.gif

Let’s see Kelly play before “a lot of people” should be concerned.  Q and Smith, as well as Kelly make the Oline less than a city block of being elite. 

Pryor and Raimann are both solid, and the depth is decent with Fries and Kelly coming back.  

90% of the teams in the league would love to have our Oline.  

Archived