Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is about to be a disaster, isn't it? 

Which picks are you willing to give up for Ryan? A third this year and conditional 2nd/3rd next year too steep for you?

I agree we cannot pay even close to what we paid for Wentz, but to essentially trade Wentz for Ryan, I'm on board with that.

Just now, stitches said:

Because we will give up major assets to get 37 year old Matt Ryan, who's been on the downward slope of his career for the last few years? 

Hopefully nothing major maybe a 3rd or 4th for a bridge quarterback?

3 minutes ago, PureLuck said:

Which picks are you willing to give up for Ryan? A third this year and conditional 2nd/3rd next year too steep for you?

I agree we cannot pay even close to what we paid for Wentz, but to essentially trade Wentz for Ryan, I'm on board with that.

3d round pick probably... 

1 minute ago, Moe said:

Hopefully nothing major maybe a 3rd or 4th for a bridge quarterback?

The way people are talking about it it seems like it will be AT LEAST 2 day 2 picks and it very well might include next year's 1st. 

Just now, #12. said:

Moving from Wentz to Mayfield made no sense whatsoever.  I can't believe anyone thought it did or believed Lawrence Owen had a source.

It didn’t make sense after what they leaked about Wentz. But he doesn’t talk about his sources ever. He wasn’t making it up. He had people telling him what they knew.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It didn’t make sense after what they leaked about Wentz. But he doesn’t talk about his sources ever. He wasn’t making it up. He had people telling him what they knew.

Lawrence posted here for years. No offense to him, but it's pretty clear to me he has no source.

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

3d round pick probably... 

The way people are talking about it it seems like it will be AT LEAST 2 day 2 picks and it very well might include next year's 1st. 

We aren't giving our 1st. I agree with you that we should never do that, but I also don't think we will.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I will be disappointed if we give anything more than a 3d for him, but at this point I'm just begging we don't trade our 1st next year. 

I can’t imagine that Ballard would trade another 1st for a QB that is a bandaid. When he said we will do what’s best for the short-term & the long-term, getting Matt Ryan makes sense.

Just now, PureLuck said:

We aren't giving our 1st. I agree with you that we should never do that, but I also don't think we will.

They will sell it the same way they sold the Wentz thing - it will be "conditional 2nd" but in reality it will be 1st ... most probably. 

Just now, tvturner said:

Giving up prime compensation for an over the hill expensive 37 year old QB

Hurray.

Let's give it a chance though. If it's not bad it's a solid move. But I agree if it's something like a 1 and 2 or 3 I'll be annoyed as well.

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I can’t imagine that Ballard would trade another 1st for a QB that is a bandaid. When he said we will do what’s best for the short-term & the long-term, getting Matt Ryan makes sense.

If he sends our 1st out for Matt Ryan, this would be the perfect demonstration for why you don't keep GMs who are perceived to be on the hot seat. Because they will do stupid stuff to save their jobs. It never fails. This happens always - the moment the GM feels heat under him, is the moment they sell the future for the present, because for them if they don't improve right away, there is no future either way. 

Now that I'm officially retired and found the old forum by chance wondering where are QB future was going?

Decided two throw my 2cents in the picture for feedback good or bad.

Yes Ryan is my 1st choice for the next couple years to groom a exceptional can't miss draft pick in the future "CMDP".

So you are asking who is the next CMDP and when would be a good round to draft them?

How's about pulling the BIRD and draft ARCH MANNING this year and circumvent some rules paying him a stipend till ready.

I do recall Boston drafting BIRD early just to obtain his contract rights, can we look forward to an ARCH in INDY?

Go "HORSHOE HEAD FANS" 

always for the fans

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It could involve players too.  Hines, Dayo, Willis, Kelly.  We will know soon.

I doubt it, if we are trading big assets for Matt Ryan, Ballard will want to keep this team as competitive as possible and vets give you performance right away. But who knows... :dunno:

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Kelly maybe. Willis would be interesting if they really are in the market for Tyrann. The way Ballard talks about Hines being one of our playmakers I would say probably not.

Ballard mentioned Pinter playing guard this year to pair with Kelly & Nelson. I think he likes Kelly more than most. 

I could see Willis & a 3rd round pick for Ryan. 

Compensation will largely depend upon how much $$ of his contract we are willing to take on

1 minute ago, stitches said:

If he sends our 1st out for Matt Ryan, this would be the perfect demonstration for why you don't keep GMs who are perceived to be on the hot seat. Because they will do stupid stuff to save their jobs. It never fails. This happens always - the moment the GM feels heat under him, is the moment they sell the future for the present, because for them if they don't improve right away, there is no future either way. 

You think Ballard is on the hot seat?  Mariota might get Frank fired, but I don't see Ballard going anywhere any time soon.  Of the two, I would say Frank would be more opposed to Mariota, Mayfield, etc., more opposed to a coach killing QB.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

You think Ballard is on the hot seat?  Mariota might get Frank fired, but I don't see Ballard going anywhere any time soon.  Of the two, I would say Frank would be more opposed to Mariota, Mayfield, etc., more opposed to a coach killing QB.

Depends on what's the mandate Irsay has given him. If he wants us to be competitive right away and we again finish .500 of course he will be on the hot seat. 

Archived