Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

200.gif

Robert Woods is still recovering from a torn ACL.

Um...

I remember last season how all of us (me included) were on Ballard because he kept betting on players coming off an ACL (Fisher, Dayo).

So, no, I'm not upset that we didn't make this move.  I'm ok we kept our hands in our pockets, thank you.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Hey Doug, it was J Geils Band that did Love Stinks. Nazereth did Love Hurts, which by the way is one of the greatest songs in the history of music! OK, let's get back to discussing how awful a job Ballard has done thus far(hahahaha) I think Ballard is doing great, he doesn't over pay for over the hill veterans. And he doesn't make completely assinine moves like the Brownies.

Damm.  You're right.  I knew there was a joke for that line and I messed it up.  J Geils.

Would signing Randy Gregory for 70 million dollars improved the team? I don't think so. Trading for Cooper, nope. Resigning Glowinski, no. The only person who I thought would have been a good fit for the Colts was Myles Jack but he went to the steelers and is their only nfl caliber inside linebacker on the roster. Boy those steelers suck. Trubisky, haha. A lot of you people on here need to become steeler fans, then you would really have things to complain about.

1 minute ago, Two_pound said:

Would signing Randy Gregory for 70 million dollars improved the team? I don't think so. Trading for Cooper, nope. Resigning Glowinski, no. The only person who I thought would have been a good fit for the Colts was Myles Jack but he went to the steelers and is their only nfl caliber inside linebacker on the roster. Boy those steelers suck. Trubisky, haha. A lot of you people on here need to become steeler fans, then you would really have things to complain about.

They made the playoffs last year and we didn't so I'm not sure about all that lol

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He doesn’t get it. It’s not about trading for that WR. It’s about Ballard not doing anything to improve this team.

He's tried.  The DT went to Chi and the TE, (Engram?), took a one year deal elsewhere. 

Two guys rumored to follow Gus to Indy did not.  Hayward went to ATL and (Jefferson?) went back to SEA.  

Seems like there is intent to have gotten better so far, just haven't landed anybody. 

Gave up a 100% snap count corner for probably an 80% snap count EDGE.  That's a net gain...probably.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Really?   Only a little aggressive?  I thought I was actually being very aggressive.   I must be slipping at my old age of 65!   Plus, I’m in Hawaii on vacation, so I’m going soft. 

I appreciate you’re somewhat a new member, and it’s a little weird when members start getting a little rough with each other, but that can happen on a fans message board.   And the last few years have gotten really strange here since Luck’s unexpected retirement.   So tempers can run a little short.   Some fans are upset with the GM, some with the HC, some with both, and some with the team.

Others like me are more upset with our fan base, such as it is.   These moments don’t happen too often.  They tend to blow over pretty quick.   I wouldn’t read too much into them.   

Hawaii.....that's nice.

Do you golf? I'm sure they have some gorgeous picturesque courses there( and probably every where else too). 

Enjoy 

15 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Watching the bring the juice live stream and I am laughing so hard. Derek and Cody are just roasting Ballard.  

Cool cool! Ballard deserves it! When Derek and Cody are roasting him, you know it's justified, as they are generally very reasonable fans.

Take this for what it's worth people, but I asked a guy I work with last night who is going to quarterback the Colts this year. And before I give you his answer I'll let you know he is a diehard steeler fan who repeated all year, "man we suck". His answer was, Sam Ehlinger. I couldn't even believe he knew Ehlinger was on the roster. He said Sam has what it takes. I doubt the Colts will hand Sam the keys though. Interesting offseason for sure.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He's tried.  The DT went to Chi and the TE, (Engram?), took a one year deal elsewhere. 

Two guys rumored to follow Gus to Indy did not.  Hayward went to ATL and (Jefferson?) went back to SEA.  

Seems like there is intent to have gotten better so far, just haven't landed anybody. 

Gave up a 100% snap count corner for probably an 80% snap count EDGE.  That's a net gain...probably.

Let's not forget that he resigned Tyquan Lewis, Mo Allie-Cox, Matt Pryor and Zaire Franklin.

Robert Woods isn't a Z receiver (and coming off an ACL), so no go there.

Smith-Schuster is a slot receiver, which we don't need.

We have a long ways to go yet, both in free agents and in the draft, before we get to truly rag on Ballard for what he's done this off season.  In the meantime, I'll give him props for the moves he didn't make, where appropriate.

Just now, Two_pound said:

Take this for what it's worth people, but I asked a guy I work with last night who is going to quarterback the Colts this year. And before I give you his answer I'll let you know he is a diehard steeler fan who repeated all year, "man we suck". His answer was, Sam Ehlinger. I couldn't even believe he knew Ehlinger was on the roster. He said Sam has what it takes. I doubt the Colts will hand Sam the keys though. Interesting offseason for sure.

I 100% support Sam

30 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Hawaii.....that's nice.

Do you golf? I'm sure they have some gorgeous picturesque courses there( and probably every where else too). 

Enjoy 

I golf — but badly!   If you’ve ever seen Charles Barkley play, I’m not quite that bad, but not much better.   I can read greens and putt pretty well,  but everything else….  Well, not so much. 

My wife and I are here in the winter because the weather is great and it’s also peak whale watching season, which we love!   And it’s been great!   Going home tomorrow.   Back on the website sometime Monday.    Hoping for some good Colts news.    :thmup:

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I golf — but badly!   If you’ve ever seen Charles Berkeley play, I’m not quite that bad, but not much better.   I can read greens and putt pretty well,  but everything else….  Well, not so much. 

My wife and I are here in the winter because the weather is great and it’s also peak whale watching season, which we love!   And it’s been great!   Going home tomorrow.   Back on the website sometime Monday.    Hoping for some good Colts news.    :thmup:

I played golf a lot in High School and a bit in college and very much enjoyed it

Hawaii is beautiful but I have friends who have lived there that told me it's pricey 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I golf — but badly!   If you’ve ever seen Charles Berkeley play, I’m not quite that bad, but not much better.   I can read greens and putt pretty well,  but everything else….  Well, not so much. 

If you like whale watching, take an extended weekend trip up to Depoe Bay, Oregon.  Nice views.

(Bonus - You can run up to the Tillamook Cheese Factory while you're there!)

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

There’s no doubt Sam is smart enough, and has the winning attitude to do it. The only concern I have is his ability to consistently make NFL throws. 

6 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

Please tell him 2 Steelers deserved 2021 suspensions:

1. Heyward, for punch in SoFi

2. Watt, for hitting Burrow late, after a play

And I hope he's right about Sam...we probably drafted our franchise QB 13 months ago.

15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I played golf a lot in High School and a bit in college and very much enjoyed it

Hawaii is beautiful but I have friends who have lived there that told me it's pricey 

Hawaii?    Pricey??    No.  Hardly.  

It’s INCREDIBLY PRICEY!!   It costs an arm and a leg to do everything here!   It’s a bloody fortune!    Wowza!!    :giveup:

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

It means Ballard does not spend on Free agents. 

I feel like that's just semantics though. If you reframe the question as "will Ballard pay big money to acquire talented players?" DeFo's acquisition is absolutely relevant.

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why does it matter where the talent comes from?

I'm just stating a fact. Ballard does not spend in Free agency. A trade is not convincing a player to sign a large contract. My point was Ballard would have a hard time attracting FAs because he doesn't offer large contracts to B level players as he stated and we don't have a QB to help convince them either. 

11 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

They fluked into the playoffs and proved they didn’t belong there lol.

Huh?

Winning 11 games is never a fluke.   And we almost beat a better a Buffalo team playing IN Buffalo!   It came down to the last play.  How does that prove we didn’t belong?!?   

What are you talking about?   :facepalm:

Archived