Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

"Mayfield's people" and not Cleveland?  This would be about contract stuff then, no?   Provided the wording is precise.

Hmm didn’t think of it that way. Although agents are always involved when their players are traded. Colts also talked with Wentz agent to keep them informed.

Ballard is close with Ken Dorsey who is now with Lions. I am sure he would provide a lot of info on Baker.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Flash7 said:

Honest question, I don't know what side you're on with the Carson Wentz saga, but what is your take their?

I thought Carson's play earned him another shot with a more complete offseason and additional weapons. I'm ok with them moving on from him. There is more detail on that story that we only have tidbits on. Caron's comments and self reflection on maturity are also pretty telling IMO. I like him as a player and I hope he has success. 

With that being said, I think we can easily get Caron's production from Baker plus more. Baker can be who we wanted Carson to be. A long term starter for us. 

Don't forget, many NFL sources picked the Browns to go deep into the playoffs last year with Baker coming off his 2020 season. A year of injuries and I'm ok giving him a pass. Browns weren't going to let him go after they thought they lost the Watson sweepstakes either. Also, pretty telling. 

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Why did you not quote exactly what I said instead of cherry picking part of it.

I see him as a down grade from wentz and he wasnt the guy either.  If hes gone because of leadership and not getting along with the front office then why are we going after a guy who is worse at these things?  he is worse on the field too

if we want a short term stop gap with potential to actually improve the team it should be winston.  

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I see him as a down grade from wentz and he wasnt the guy either.  If hes gone because of leadership and not getting along with the front office then why are we going after a guy who is worse at these things?  he is worse on the field too

if we want a short term stop gap with potential to actually improve the team it should be winston.  

Lol, how does one talk crap about Mayfield, then want Winston? Surely, you didn't type that with a straight face.

Also, Baker's deal makes him a potential stop gap as well.

2 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

then want Winston?

what is wrong with winston now?  his team mates actually praise him for being a hard working good leader.  i know he got in trouble years ago but he has grown and is actually well liked by coaches and team mates now.  cant say that about Baker.  the saints want him back, the question is can they afford him 

I think hes more talented too, last year he was a lot better than baker before he went out

29 minutes ago, IinD said:

He's got swag bro... 

How about when he got boo'd and said to a fan 'say it to my face' or the time he had a hissy fit with a reporter and walked out of the press conference... That's leadership bro... You don't understand swag... Lol

I'm totally fine with that. They can even go into comparing them to the older ones.

Just don't talk Baker..

We don't talk about Bruno no no no lol

24 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm good with it... as long as she doesn't want our future 1st... :P 

Pretty much this. Except, i'm giving her same deal as I'd offer teams for the others i.e. Baker, Jimmy, Ryan, etc. A 3rd at most. Anything more and we're onto Cincinnati

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

what is wrong with winston now?  his team mates actually praise him for being a hard working good leader.  i know he got in trouble years ago but he has grown and is actually well liked by coaches and team mates now.  cant say that about Baker.  the saints want him back, the question is can they afford him 

I think hes more talented too, last year he was a lot better than baker before he went out

Come on Winston is less accurate than baker. He completed 59 percent of his passes

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Winston's awful and is an actual bad guy and sexual assaulter, unlike Baker, who just makes 80 year old's mad. 

16 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It’s all just very sad what this organization has turned into.  

What has this organization turned itself to? Care to expand on that?

While you explain, remember that you were the same person who wanted to nuke them for how things went down in the all time battle between Jacob Eason and Sam Ehlinger not even a year ago.

1 minute ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I think  both Ballard and Reich may not be with us much longer.I think Irsay gives them both 1 more year,if things don’t work out,I can see them both gone.

Yeah, i doubt that. Actually, i'd put money on it. Made the same offer to someone else earlier today. You guys really love firing any and everyone 

34 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

For those against Baker, I want a more compelling reason other than some of these obtuse comments about him not being good? I would say many fans felt outside of Wentz sporadic play, he did enough on the field to warrant another chance. We were also were a top scoring offense for a good stretch of the season...Now let me show you Wentz 2021 stats vs Baker 2020 (hard to compare last year because of the injuries) stats. Baker did in 2020 in 16 games what Carson did in 2021 with 17 games. 

You can bet that Bakers 2022 numbers if he's on the Colts will be similar if not better than his 2020 numbers. I would make a substantial bet on that. This system and this coaching staff will get him in the right direction. He has the most long-term upside of any QB option we have today outside of a flyer in the draft. 

https://stathead.com/tiny/IfpTG

I didn't like the Wentz trade to begin with and was glad to see the Colts move on from him so personally I don't care about how Baker's stats compare to Wentz. 

It should be a major red flag when teams want to move off from younger QBs. It almost always means that they are not good enough to win big with. That was the case with Wentz. It's more than likely the case with Baker. Teams tolerate a lot from QBs so if they are willing to move off from them it's a major red flag. The times where you get an elite QB it's because of age or player request. (Brady, Stafford, etc) The Colts found out the hard way why the Eagles were willing to trade Wentz. I don't want to repeat that mistake with Baker and see why the Browns didn't want him and didn't believe he was good enough.

If i'm trading for a veteran then it will be when I know exactly what i'm getting. (Matt Ryan, Jimmy G) It's going to be for someone who I know can at the very least provide some stability to that position even if they are not the elite guy I want to build the team around. If I want to go for potential it's going to be through the draft. I have zero interest in seeing the Colts screw around with another veteran castoff QB especially giving up draft picks for one. Sign Mariota (likely to win the same) and use the picks on positions you are more likely to hit on while looking to move for the right QB in the draft if you identify one you like.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Man, Kenny just keeps liking stuff on Twitter about not wanting Baker and letting Odum walk.

Dude just seems like he’s on the verge of wanting out.

With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up out

3 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

Winston's awful and is an actual bad guy and sexual assaulter,

awful? he was better than carson and baker last year

he did grope an uber driver, that sucks but its not stopping him from playing ball now.  the assault case from 2012 was ruled false accusations 

12 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Come on Winston is less accurate than baker. He completed 59 percent of his passes

Luck had years with a lower % than that and he was better than baker too.  he is gun slinger, last year it worked pretty well with the saints

Luck was only 60% for his career i think most would agree he is better than Baker

Archived