Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Playoffs Discussion-- Divisional Round, Jan 22 to Jan 23, 2022

NFLfan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think at this point we all need to just assume that Brady will keep winning the SB until he retires.

He might, he has 7 haha . 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's why I bring up Peyton so much winning that 2nd SB, that was huge for his legacy. Last night on sports talk radio, they were talking about the greatest QB's ever and saying MVP's and Stats are critical but unless you win multiple SB's you can't be mentioned with the Elite of the Elite's. Peyton was brought up and the host said he got that 2nd one, which makes a huge difference to go along with his MVP's. 

Brees only won one as well.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember feeling that way in 1999. I swore the Vikings were going to the Super Bowl. At that time no team had ever scored that many points in a season and our kicker had not missed any FG attempts during the regular season. When we lost that game to Atlanta, I felt numb. I could not believe we lost. 

The 1998 Vikings were the best team to never win a SB maybe other than the 90 Bills.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think at this point we all need to just assume that Brady will keep winning the SB until he retires.

:blah:

Unfortunately, I feel the same.

it is what it is.

I hope Rams bring their game today 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I give the Rams a 45% of chance of winning that is how close it is. I just hope Stafford doesn't pull a Tannehill.

I think this postseason run is huge for Matt Stafford's legacy, and justifies what the Rams gave up to get him. They also added veteran  talent at other key positions (Sony Michel, OBJ, Eric Weddle, ect) and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they end Brady & the Bucs' season later today.

13 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I think this postseason run is huge for Matt Stafford's legacy, and justifies what the Rams gave up to get him. They also added veteran  talent at other key positions (Sony Michel, OBJ, Eric Weddle, ect) and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they end Brady & the Bucs' season later today.

Rams have the D and I think Stafford is good but he is turnover prone. These games today will be real interesting. 

18 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

:goodluck::goodluck:

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm rooting for the 49ers next week regardless of who wins today. 

It would be great to see Cincy come out of the AFC but I would not mind if the Bills or even the Chiefs make it. My brother is rooting for the Chiefs. He said the explosiveness of the Chiefs offense got him interested in football. I think he may be becoming a Chiefs fan. 

One of my sisters said she will root for "anyone but Brady". Lol. She is not a football fan. She just does not like Brady. 

tom brady GIF- who couldn't like that haha 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You're sounding a little like @buffalo34haha I don't think he wins this year. :goodluck:

I can't wait to see @buffalo34here later. He will be like, here goes Mahomes again, drive down and gets a TD haha . I like him, the poor guy had to suffer for years playing Brady and losing 4 SB's in a row so I see why he is like he is. I think Buffalo has a 50/50 shot to win this game. I give the Rams a 45% chance.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait to see @buffalo34here later. He will be like, here goes Mahomes again, drive down and gets a TD haha . I like him, the poor guy had to suffer for years playing Brady and losing 4 SB's in a row so I see why he is like he is. I think Buffalo has a 50/50 shot to win this game. I give the Rams a 45% chance.

Lol could you imagine him if the Bucs and Bills face off in the Superbowl?! I hope he shows

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Apparently brady is not committed to play  next year. Wants to think about it.

If Gronk retires again and Godwin signs elsewhere, I can see Brady hanging it up while he’s still on top.

What more does he need to prove? He has beaten Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Mahomes all in the playoffs who are/will be HOF QBs at some point.

First QB to win a SB in OT, first to overcome a double digits deficit in the 4th qtr of a SB TWICE, first to win 5 or more SBs, first one to win SB at home stadium etc. etc., need I say more. Beaten all 32 teams and won SB with different teams like Peyton.

Did I miss anything?? Why keep taking hits as a QB when you have nothing to prove and can focus on business opportunities and time with family? I’m sure that’s going to be in the back of his mind.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Gronk retires again and Godwin signs elsewhere, I can see Brady hanging it up while he’s still on top.

What more does he need to prove? He has beaten Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Mahomes all in the playoffs who are/will be HOF QBs at some point.

First QB to win a SB in OT, first to overcome a double digits deficit in a SB TWICE, first to win 5 or more SBs, first one to win SB at home stadium etc. etc., need I say more. Beaten all 32 teams and won SB with different teams like Peyton.

Did I miss anything??

He's yet to get to a SB with a bad HC.  Peyton did it with Caldwell.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I know you are being facetious. Lol. 

I think the time when he was most lucky was in that Tuck Game. I had never heard of that and he would have lost the game to the Raiders had that call not been made. 

Note: I moved your post to this latest playoff thread.

There is a whole video on YouTube by Barry McCockiner about Brady's playoff luck. The narration is bias, but the actual footage is real.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

First QB to win a SB in OT, first to overcome a double digits deficit in the 4th qtr of a SB TWICE, first to win 5 or more SBs, first one to win SB at home stadium etc. etc., need I say more. Beaten all 32 teams and won SB with different teams like Peyton.

Did I miss anything?? Why keep taking hits as a QB when you have nothing to prove and can focus on business opportunities and time with family? I’m sure that’s going to be in the back of his mind.

Well, prime Brady couldn't beat Peyton fwiw. 

4 minutes ago, colt191812 said:

There is a whole video on YouTube by Barry McCockiner about Brady's playoff luck. The narration is bias, but the actual footage is real.

Look how lucky he was last year to have KC have all those oline injuries just in time to face him in the SB. He barely had to do anything in the playoffs last year.

Did you hear who their offensive linemen are? They come from Hobart, Humboldt State, and other schools I have not heard of. I know Hobart as it is in my home state. I also know Alex Kappa who I liked in the Senior Bowl.

Who is the OL coach of the Bucs?

Archived