Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eberflus hired as Bears new HC *UPDATED*

dw49

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mod Note:

If there is any more back and forth about the semantics of how many draft picks it took for the Bears to get Fields, those posts will be removed. At this point it's ridiculous and flooding a thread about Flus with nonsense that's hardly tangentially related.

11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wish the Colts had Fields.

Im with you on that.....

As a Buckeye fan, as well as a Colts fan, I like when they come together

(Unfortunately the injury bug seems to gut the relationship later)

It is not gonna happen

It is not gonna happen

It is not gonna happen

But I would LOVE to have Fields,  

If we don't do so well this coming year, you MIGHT see Stroud as  an option the following year

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

Its interesting to see the Bears take a DC as their HC. Most of their issues seemed to be on the offense to me, but I don't follow them closely.

Well they  had a offensive guy and it didn’t work. Most important thing is finding a leader who and deal with personalities then hire the right people around him for Fields. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am going to ask you a question because you have been around a long time (seen a lot) and was a huge media person. What %'s would you put on who our QB is next season?

Wentz

Russell Wilson 

Aaron Rodgers

Marcus Mariota 

Andrew Luck lol - I know but I never say 0% haha 

Wentz:   Probably 55/45–60/40 he returns.  Not because we love him, but because he’s the best we can do for right now.  He has one more year to prove himself, then the guarantees stop.  

Wilson:   1%

Rodgers:  1%

Mariotta:   2-3%

Luck:         0%

The Field:    Everyone else not mentioned above.    Roughly 35-40 percent.   Would include guys like Garoppolo, Bridgewater,  Cousins,  Trubisky,  Mayfield,  Hill.   This list would be viewed with the possibility that Irsay has told Ballard he does not want Wentz to start and to find someone else.  Marching orders.   I don’t think that has happened, but if it has,  then all bets are off. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Wentz:   Probably 55/45–60/40 he returns.  Not because we live him, but because he’s the best we can do for right now.  He has one more year to prove himself, then the guarantees stop.  

Wilson:   1%

Rodgers:  1%

Mariotta:   2-3%

Luck:         0%

The Field:    Everyone else not mentioned above.    Roughly 35-40 percent.   Would include guys like Garoppolo, Bridgewater,  Cousins,  Trubisky,  Mayfield,  Hill.   This list would be viewed with the possibility that Irsay has told Ballard he does not want Wentz to start and to find someone else.  I don’t think that has happened, but if it has,  then all bets are off. 

I do like Jimmy G, I would take him over Wentz but we would have to trade and do this or that. haha . 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do like Jimmy G, I would take him over Wentz but we would have to trade and do this or that. haha . 

We will be in the exact same position after getting Jimmy G that we are in now - still needing long-term QB. But he's probably better short-term option if Ballard decides to go all in on win-now off-season. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, Colt.45 said:

Forgot about Flores' scouting background. I can see why the Tea thing could have ruffled his feathers. It all depends on what the GM and owner told him his role would be when it came to drafting. Anytime a relationship degenerates to where it's public like theirs got, there's usually blame to go around each involved party just as we saw with Grigson/Pagano/Irsay.

I don't think Reich is conservative at all. I think when he's had the talent who can allow him play more expansively, he's been more than willing to go for it.

Now, if you mean conservative in terms of not wanting to annihilate an opponent like a Belichick would when up 40 then yes, i can see that. However in terms of playcalling, i think he generally works with what he's got. 

It'll be interesting to see what Miami does the next couple years. IMO, Tua isn't a long term answer, at least not to the level of other QBs. If they flounder for another 2-4 years, they will have squandered a ton of draft capital for nothing. Will also be interesting to see where Flores lands and does over that period. Overall, just seems like a totally strange situation. We know they were interested in Watson, but at the same time act overly tied to Tua... IDK...

Since Luck left, there's no doubt we've gone much more conservative in the passing game. Shorter passing, and much more possession like. You can look at the QB and WR charts, and see a big difference in routes, etc... I though last year, or this year, they'd return to 2018 routes for TY (more slants, 9s, and just less possession), but they have not. All the WRs and TEs have what looks to similar route charts. A lot of flat and sideline stuff, and not a lot of seam or depth. Not sure how you define aggressive or conservative, but there's a significant difference since Luck left. And the pass catching personnel is not really all that much different. 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:10 PM, DougDew said:

I don't look for opportunities to pounce on people for obvious misspeaks, even if they get under my skin.  Its kinda chicken

I don't look for then either. I just happen to stumble upon them.... Frequently :P

On 1/29/2022 at 10:19 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Do you really think Flus wont acquire a QB to his liking to improve and make his team better if not happy with Dalton or Foles (Dalton is a free agent remember) ? If so you are definitely in the minority. Now do the Bears hope Fields will improve ? Well of course they do and he likely wont be much worse than -3  td/int ratio. Some rookie #1 pick QB's improve enough to stick as starters some do not and are gone soon (As mentioned about Rosen and talked about in Haskins). 

The original talk about  Bears in better shape at QB currently then the Colts, that is not the case at the moment. Wentz is better then Fields.

As I’m sure you’ve heard by now….   At his introductory press conference Flus talked about finding ways to help Fields and making him better.  He’s their guy in the near term.  The Bears are not moving on from him at this point.   

You may be right about Fields someday.   But that day is not today.  

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As I’m sure you’ve heard by now….   At his introductory press conference Flus talked about finding ways to help Fields and making him better.  He’s their guy in the near term.  The Bears are not moving on from him at this point.   

You may be right about Fields someday.   But that day is not today.  

I said Flus and the brass are hoping and want Fields to improve, they will also bring in a QB as an alternate if that improvement doesnt come. Nothing has changed.

Archived