Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pascal might be gone

danlhart87

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Then explain the lack of snaps that you yourself noted?   Something doesn’t add up? 

Occam's razor would suggest he wasn't part of the game plan. Likely prioritized blocking over catching. TYs comments to Reich on the sideline vs Houston (shown on HKs) were pretty interesting... But unless they hid or didn't report injury, not sure how to explain it. He simply was part of some game plans, and not a part of others. It's just like Mo and Hines seemingly drift in and out of the game plan. It's not like we're consistent in use with anyone except Pittman and Pascal this year. 

I’m not gonna dog the guy cuz he was there to play when seemingly the rest of the position group was injured.

He had some moments as well. I’m cool with him on the team, but ad the #5ish guy.  Maybe 4.

I also think Pittman should be #2.  We need a dynamic #1, make Pitt the strong  #2, find a #3 to do what tou wanted Cambell to do, and we have something.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, EastStreet said:

I think Reich was completely over-conservative in WR and TE personnel usage this year. 

Pascal typically got #1 or #2 snaps. But his targets were disproportionately low, and his catches per target % was not good. 

Reich IMO chose blocking over separation and receiving. We had several options we could have tried to develop more, and a few options like Coutee that would have brought more dynamic ability to the field. We had guys that we're paying a ton like Hines who was not used near enough, and when used, it was the same couple plays over and over again. And same with TY. Why we have a tiny guy running possession routes 95% is beyond me. He's still got speed to challenge, yet we treat him like a 6-3+ guy who gets last-cut routes. 

And just in general, our passing was overly centered on Pittman, and overly centered on short stuff (-5.0 to 10.0 yards). We totally made things easy on Ds all year long, and allowed them to play up and compact the field. Felt like Carson had the same couple early reads almost every play. 

All that said, I'm just not overly confident that upgrades will be a huge impact if the offense stays stale and short. 

Frank isn't going to elevate this team. If he's going to be a winning coach he needs a winning QB. 

12 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Frank isn't going to elevate this team. If he's going to be a winning coach he needs a winning QB. 

I'm pretty much in this camp lol...

I just don't think the scheme and play calling is a plus to things. 

So it's all about OL performance and individual performances of skill players. 

On 1/15/2022 at 12:42 AM, bluephantom87 said:

100% agree!!! I'm not so sure Frank is even CAPABLE of running a dynamic offense. That's why these YOUNG offensive minds are saturating the league with their diverse schemes featuring a lot of pre-snap motion, 4 and 5 wr sets, they utilize the no huddle as a change of pace throughout the game while preventing defensive substitutions, run rub and pick routes from multiple formations.  Frank's offense is SO BASIC and easy to defend. If not for JT's talent this offense would be near bottom in stats.

Think about in a league where these offensive gurus are scheming for mismatches Frank is lining up in tight formation with the heavy run package VOID a lead blocker for JT against a stacked box ESPECIALLY on 3rd or 4th and 1 which as the season wore on began to get stuffed more often for no gain or netted a loss. Some say Frank's playcalling is LAZY but could it simply be it's the BEST he can do with his non exotic offense.

I disagree.   Take a look at Warners breakdown.   The plays were there with open  WIDE open players and Wentz just wentzed up and missed them.    This was not a one game disaster.  This is what happened all yr long 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm pretty much in this camp lol...

I just don't think the scheme and play calling is a plus to things. 

So it's all about OL performance and individual performances of skill players. 

I think he can be good enough to not screw over a franchise QB but then again, Justin Herbert might feel differently. 

35 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

The Colts need to 100% move on from Pascal and Campbell. Ballard needs to bring in multiple WR's this off-season. A overhaul at the position is much needed.

Campbell I would keep. He's basically got 1 year left on a cheap rookie contract. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts fans are ripping him on Twitter lol. NOBODY IS SAFE, NOBODY

I honestly only care about MPJ and giving Micheal Strachan a fair shot. Dude is 6'5" 225ish with a godly wingspan. He produced in camp and preseason. And had some big 1st down grabs on 3rd downs vs. SEA and then he never got much more opportunity. I think we slept on him. Mathis said he was a stud just has to stay focused and hungry. Hilton and Campbell can hit the street in my eyes. I would like to see Pascal back as cheap depth. We need some WR help for sure if we want a Big QB to contemplate coming to Indy. 

Archived