Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pascal might be gone

danlhart87

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts fans are ripping him on Twitter lol. NOBODY IS SAFE, NOBODY

There's only a few players IMO that are Teflon right now. Q, Smith, Pitt, JT, Leonard, etc.. 

All the others have either holes in their games, or are not producing at pay level. 

I love Pascal, but he's not a 1 or 2. And that's what he's been asked to do. Not his fault.... 

He's out-performing his pay, but he's not a guy that should be getting near #1 snaps like he does. 

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts fans are ripping him on Twitter lol. NOBODY IS SAFE, NOBODY

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

It will be another season with Wentz, Reich, and our defensive scheme.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

Yup. Likely some slight re-arranging of the deck chairs.... 

56 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ballard already made a press release stating the Colts are not committed to Wentz for next season.  Really was hoping after we put a 2nd Round tender on Pascal he would have a stellar season but like most think his time in Indy is up.  Time to move on and make a call to GB for a package deal Rodger/Adams.  With no real QB options available this is the only realistic option available.  

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Ballard already made a press release stating the Colts are not committed to Wentz for next season.  Really was hoping after we put a 2nd Round tender on Pascal he would have a stellar season but like most think his time in Indy is up.  Time to move on and make a call to GB for a package deal Rodger/Adams.  With no real QB options available this is the only realistic option available.  

"Realistic option"

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

There's only a few players IMO that are Teflon right now. Q, Smith, Pitt, JT, Leonard, etc.. 

All the others have either holes in their games, or are not producing at pay level. 

I love Pascal, but he's not a 1 or 2. And that's what he's been asked to do. Not his fault.... 

He's out-performing his pay, but he's not a guy that should be getting near #1 snaps like he does. 

Agree... Upgrades are definitely needed at some KEY positions.

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yea I just meant nobody is safe the colts mob of fans. I’m also not expecting any big changes, nor do I really feel there should be 

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree with some of this….    But…

Pascal is not getting #1 snaps by design.  The plan was for Hilton and Campbell to get those #1 snaps.  They both got hurt.  So Pascal got them by necessity. 

11 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Agree... Upgrades are definitely needed at some KEY positions.

I think Reich was completely over-conservative in WR and TE personnel usage this year. 

Pascal typically got #1 or #2 snaps. But his targets were disproportionately low, and his catches per target % was not good. 

Reich IMO chose blocking over separation and receiving. We had several options we could have tried to develop more, and a few options like Coutee that would have brought more dynamic ability to the field. We had guys that we're paying a ton like Hines who was not used near enough, and when used, it was the same couple plays over and over again. And same with TY. Why we have a tiny guy running possession routes 95% is beyond me. He's still got speed to challenge, yet we treat him like a 6-3+ guy who gets last-cut routes. 

And just in general, our passing was overly centered on Pittman, and overly centered on short stuff (-5.0 to 10.0 yards). We totally made things easy on Ds all year long, and allowed them to play up and compact the field. Felt like Carson had the same couple early reads almost every play. 

All that said, I'm just not overly confident that upgrades will be a huge impact if the offense stays stale and short. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree with some of this….    But…

Pascal is not getting #1 snaps by design.  The plan was for Hilton and Campbell to get those #1 snaps.  They both got hurt.  So Pascal got them by necessity. 

TY has been healthy and back for some time. Last week, Pascal got 49 snaps, one off the WR lead (Pittman 50). The week before was the only time TY had more snaps, and that was likely product of Pascal being out the week before. You can go back to the NE and Houston games, and Pascal had probably twice the snaps of TY, which is crazy, especially against Houston. So in short, necessity when TY was out I agree, but it happened when TY was back too. And we simply didn't put much effort in developing others in pass catching roles. Dulin got worked in a little, but he was primarily doing the dirty work (rubs, clear outs, etc) most of the snaps.  

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TY has been healthy and back for some time. Last week, Pascal got 49 snaps, one off the WR lead (Pittman 50). The week before was the only time TY had more snaps, and that was likely product of Pascal being out the week before. You can go back to the NE and Houston games, and Pascal had probably twice the snaps of TY, which is crazy, especially against Houston. So in short, necessity when TY was out I agree, but it happened when TY was back too. And we simply didn't put much effort in developing others in pass catching roles. Dulin got worked in a little, but he was primarily doing the dirty work (rubs, clear outs, etc) most of the snaps.  

TY is back.   But I don’t think he’s really healthy.   Not healthy enough to play first team snaps.   When both players are of roughly equal health, I don’t see Pascal getting far more snaps.    To me,  Hilton getting as few snaps as he’s been getting is the TELL that something is not right. 

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

TY is back.   But I don’t think he’s really healthy.   Not healthy enough to play first team snaps.   When both players are of roughly equal health, I don’t see Pascal getting far more snaps.    To me,  Hilton getting as few snaps as he’s been getting is the TELL that something is not right. 

Disagree. When used, like vs TB and AZ, he's looked great. Didn't look hurt or rusty. 

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he looked great wide open vs LV as well, and then Wentz happened. 

LVR IMO was a few things. TY wasn't a primary target that game, but he also had a drop in the few targets he did get. It was pretty clear we were 1st read to Pitt most of the game, and an overwhelming number of short passes. The one catch TY did make, was one of the few early read deep shots we took IIRC. Should have had more. 

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I think Reich was completely over-conservative in WR and TE personnel usage this year. 

Pascal typically got #1 or #2 snaps. But his targets were disproportionately low, and his catches per target % was not good. 

Reich IMO chose blocking over separation and receiving. We had several options we could have tried to develop more, and a few options like Coutee that would have brought more dynamic ability to the field. We had guys that we're paying a ton like Hines who was not used near enough, and when used, it was the same couple plays over and over again. And same with TY. Why we have a tiny guy running possession routes 95% is beyond me. He's still got speed to challenge, yet we treat him like a 6-3+ guy who gets last-cut routes. 

And just in general, our passing was overly centered on Pittman, and overly centered on short stuff (-5.0 to 10.0 yards). We totally made things easy on Ds all year long, and allowed them to play up and compact the field. Felt like Carson had the same couple early reads almost every play. 

All that said, I'm just not overly confident that upgrades will be a huge impact if the offense stays stale and short. 

100% agree!!! I'm not so sure Frank is even CAPABLE of running a dynamic offense. That's why these YOUNG offensive minds are saturating the league with their diverse schemes featuring a lot of pre-snap motion, 4 and 5 wr sets, they utilize the no huddle as a change of pace throughout the game while preventing defensive substitutions, run rub and pick routes from multiple formations.  Frank's offense is SO BASIC and easy to defend. If not for JT's talent this offense would be near bottom in stats.

Think about in a league where these offensive gurus are scheming for mismatches Frank is lining up in tight formation with the heavy run package VOID a lead blocker for JT against a stacked box ESPECIALLY on 3rd or 4th and 1 which as the season wore on began to get stuffed more often for no gain or netted a loss. Some say Frank's playcalling is LAZY but could it simply be it's the BEST he can do with his non exotic offense.

25 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

100% agree!!! I'm not so sure Frank is even CAPABLE of running a dynamic offense. That's why these YOUNG offensive minds are saturating the league with their diverse schemes featuring a lot of pre-snap motion, 4 and 5 wr sets, they utilize the no huddle as a change of pace throughout the game while preventing defensive substitutions, run rub and pick routes from multiple formations.  Frank's offense is SO BASIC and easy to defend. If not for JT's talent this offense would be near bottom in stats.

Think about in a league where these offensive gurus are scheming for mismatches Frank is lining up in tight formation with the heavy run package VOID a lead blocker for JT against a stacked box ESPECIALLY on 3rd or 4th and 1 which as the season wore on began to get stuffed more often for no gain or netted a loss. Some say Frank's playcalling is LAZY but could it simply be it's the BEST he can do with his non exotic offense.

I'm not sure what label to put on it, but it's overly basic, stale, and lacks creativity. Makes it harder on both the RB and QB, and OL... I'd love to see more motion, more wide, more passing depth, or simply fill in the blank "more xxxx".... So tired of seeing the same thing and watching Ds cheat up. Feels like we're throwback and or conservative to an extent on both sides of the ball. 

Archived