Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pascal might be gone


danlhart87
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts fans are ripping him on Twitter lol. NOBODY IS SAFE, NOBODY

 

There's only a few players IMO that are Teflon right now. Q, Smith, Pitt, JT, Leonard, etc.. 

All the others have either holes in their games, or are not producing at pay level. 

I love Pascal, but he's not a 1 or 2. And that's what he's been asked to do. Not his fault.... 

He's out-performing his pay, but he's not a guy that should be getting near #1 snaps like he does. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Colts fans are ripping him on Twitter lol. NOBODY IS SAFE, NOBODY

 

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

 

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

 

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

 

It will be another season with Wentz, Reich, and our defensive scheme.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

 

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

 

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

 

It will be another season with Wentz, Reich, and our defensive scheme.

 

Yup. Likely some slight re-arranging of the deck chairs.... 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

 

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

 

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

 

It will be another season with Wentz, Reich, and our defensive scheme.

Ballard already made a press release stating the Colts are not committed to Wentz for next season.  Really was hoping after we put a 2nd Round tender on Pascal he would have a stellar season but like most think his time in Indy is up.  Time to move on and make a call to GB for a package deal Rodger/Adams.  With no real QB options available this is the only realistic option available.  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Ballard already made a press release stating the Colts are not committed to Wentz for next season.  Really was hoping after we put a 2nd Round tender on Pascal he would have a stellar season but like most think his time in Indy is up.  Time to move on and make a call to GB for a package deal Rodger/Adams.  With no real QB options available this is the only realistic option available.  

"Realistic option"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

There's only a few players IMO that are Teflon right now. Q, Smith, Pitt, JT, Leonard, etc.. 

All the others have either holes in their games, or are not producing at pay level. 

I love Pascal, but he's not a 1 or 2. And that's what he's been asked to do. Not his fault.... 

He's out-performing his pay, but he's not a guy that should be getting near #1 snaps like he does. 

 

Agree... Upgrades are definitely needed at some KEY positions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

If not being safe means being gone I don't think there will be much movement except the normal from one season to the next.

 

I doubt THE MAIN CHARACTERS will be going anywhere. Ballard for sure is 100% safe as is Reich. Wentz isn't going anywhere for at least another year. Flus I doubt gets fired. So I doubt much change is coming.

If Pascal isn't brought back it's no big deal... he's just a guy and will be replaced by someone who won't be too noteworthy himself or probably some cheaper younger option like Patmon/Strachan etc...

 

It's going to be more of the same, the late season collapse and missing the playoffs will not be avenged/addressed with firings or high priced FA's.

 

It will be another season with Wentz, Reich, and our defensive scheme.

Yea I just meant nobody is safe the colts mob of fans. I’m also not expecting any big changes, nor do I really feel there should be 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

They can bring him back if they want him, doubt teams are fighting over a 300 yard WR

I think Pascal goes to Tennessee or San Francisco. His blocking would be of great value there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

There's only a few players IMO that are Teflon right now. Q, Smith, Pitt, JT, Leonard, etc.. 

All the others have either holes in their games, or are not producing at pay level. 

I love Pascal, but he's not a 1 or 2. And that's what he's been asked to do. Not his fault.... 

He's out-performing his pay, but he's not a guy that should be getting near #1 snaps like he does. 

 


I agree with some of this….    But…


Pascal is not getting #1 snaps by design.  The plan was for Hilton and Campbell to get those #1 snaps.  They both got hurt.  So Pascal got them by necessity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Zach is a good receiver.  He had an off year with Wentz but look how good he looks with Rivers.

 

He looks like a young Mike Evans.

 

 


A QB that doesn’t ignore the check downs and short passes.

 

season 5 ugh GIF by PBS

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bluephantom87 said:

Agree... Upgrades are definitely needed at some KEY positions.

 

I think Reich was completely over-conservative in WR and TE personnel usage this year. 

Pascal typically got #1 or #2 snaps. But his targets were disproportionately low, and his catches per target % was not good. 

Reich IMO chose blocking over separation and receiving. We had several options we could have tried to develop more, and a few options like Coutee that would have brought more dynamic ability to the field. We had guys that we're paying a ton like Hines who was not used near enough, and when used, it was the same couple plays over and over again. And same with TY. Why we have a tiny guy running possession routes 95% is beyond me. He's still got speed to challenge, yet we treat him like a 6-3+ guy who gets last-cut routes. 

 

And just in general, our passing was overly centered on Pittman, and overly centered on short stuff (-5.0 to 10.0 yards). We totally made things easy on Ds all year long, and allowed them to play up and compact the field. Felt like Carson had the same couple early reads almost every play. 

 

All that said, I'm just not overly confident that upgrades will be a huge impact if the offense stays stale and short. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, gspdx said:

 

As long as the band keeps playing.

Playing the same song over and over.... "We've learned, getting back to work, and we're going to get better"..... 

 

They really need to work on the lyrics lol.... 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


I agree with some of this….    But…


Pascal is not getting #1 snaps by design.  The plan was for Hilton and Campbell to get those #1 snaps.  They both got hurt.  So Pascal got them by necessity. 

TY has been healthy and back for some time. Last week, Pascal got 49 snaps, one off the WR lead (Pittman 50). The week before was the only time TY had more snaps, and that was likely product of Pascal being out the week before. You can go back to the NE and Houston games, and Pascal had probably twice the snaps of TY, which is crazy, especially against Houston. So in short, necessity when TY was out I agree, but it happened when TY was back too. And we simply didn't put much effort in developing others in pass catching roles. Dulin got worked in a little, but he was primarily doing the dirty work (rubs, clear outs, etc) most of the snaps.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TY has been healthy and back for some time. Last week, Pascal got 49 snaps, one off the WR lead (Pittman 50). The week before was the only time TY had more snaps, and that was likely product of Pascal being out the week before. You can go back to the NE and Houston games, and Pascal had probably twice the snaps of TY, which is crazy, especially against Houston. So in short, necessity when TY was out I agree, but it happened when TY was back too. And we simply didn't put much effort in developing others in pass catching roles. Dulin got worked in a little, but he was primarily doing the dirty work (rubs, clear outs, etc) most of the snaps.  


TY is back.   But I don’t think he’s really healthy.   Not healthy enough to play first team snaps.   When both players are of roughly equal health, I don’t see Pascal getting far more snaps.    To me,  Hilton getting as few snaps as he’s been getting is the TELL that something is not right. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


TY is back.   But I don’t think he’s really healthy.   Not healthy enough to play first team snaps.   When both players are of roughly equal health, I don’t see Pascal getting far more snaps.    To me,  Hilton getting as few snaps as he’s been getting is the TELL that something is not right. 
 

Disagree. When used, like vs TB and AZ, he's looked great. Didn't look hurt or rusty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

he looked great wide open vs LV as well, and then Wentz happened. 

LVR IMO was a few things. TY wasn't a primary target that game, but he also had a drop in the few targets he did get. It was pretty clear we were 1st read to Pitt most of the game, and an overwhelming number of short passes. The one catch TY did make, was one of the few early read deep shots we took IIRC. Should have had more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

I think Reich was completely over-conservative in WR and TE personnel usage this year. 

Pascal typically got #1 or #2 snaps. But his targets were disproportionately low, and his catches per target % was not good. 

Reich IMO chose blocking over separation and receiving. We had several options we could have tried to develop more, and a few options like Coutee that would have brought more dynamic ability to the field. We had guys that we're paying a ton like Hines who was not used near enough, and when used, it was the same couple plays over and over again. And same with TY. Why we have a tiny guy running possession routes 95% is beyond me. He's still got speed to challenge, yet we treat him like a 6-3+ guy who gets last-cut routes. 

 

And just in general, our passing was overly centered on Pittman, and overly centered on short stuff (-5.0 to 10.0 yards). We totally made things easy on Ds all year long, and allowed them to play up and compact the field. Felt like Carson had the same couple early reads almost every play. 

 

All that said, I'm just not overly confident that upgrades will be a huge impact if the offense stays stale and short. 

100% agree!!! I'm not so sure Frank is even CAPABLE of running a dynamic offense. That's why these YOUNG offensive minds are saturating the league with their diverse schemes featuring a lot of pre-snap motion, 4 and 5 wr sets, they utilize the no huddle as a change of pace throughout the game while preventing defensive substitutions, run rub and pick routes from multiple formations.  Frank's offense is SO BASIC and easy to defend. If not for JT's talent this offense would be near bottom in stats.

 

Think about in a league where these offensive gurus are scheming for mismatches Frank is lining up in tight formation with the heavy run package VOID a lead blocker for JT against a stacked box ESPECIALLY on 3rd or 4th and 1 which as the season wore on began to get stuffed more often for no gain or netted a loss. Some say Frank's playcalling is LAZY but could it simply be it's the BEST he can do with his non exotic offense.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, bluephantom87 said:

100% agree!!! I'm not so sure Frank is even CAPABLE of running a dynamic offense. That's why these YOUNG offensive minds are saturating the league with their diverse schemes featuring a lot of pre-snap motion, 4 and 5 wr sets, they utilize the no huddle as a change of pace throughout the game while preventing defensive substitutions, run rub and pick routes from multiple formations.  Frank's offense is SO BASIC and easy to defend. If not for JT's talent this offense would be near bottom in stats.

 

Think about in a league where these offensive gurus are scheming for mismatches Frank is lining up in tight formation with the heavy run package VOID a lead blocker for JT against a stacked box ESPECIALLY on 3rd or 4th and 1 which as the season wore on began to get stuffed more often for no gain or netted a loss. Some say Frank's playcalling is LAZY but could it simply be it's the BEST he can do with his non exotic offense.

 

I'm not sure what label to put on it, but it's overly basic, stale, and lacks creativity. Makes it harder on both the RB and QB, and OL... I'd love to see more motion, more wide, more passing depth, or simply fill in the blank "more xxxx".... So tired of seeing the same thing and watching Ds cheat up. Feels like we're throwback and or conservative to an extent on both sides of the ball. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think Pryor takes the LT spot, has a rough start but gets better as the season goes.    Pinter will lock in the RG spot. I feel he’ll have a decent to good season start to finish.    I think we’ve seen the best of Kelly and he’ll manage an average season.    I have a bad feeling the time of seeing Q play a full season is over. I think he’ll have a good season overall, but he’ll miss games. 
    • I read those guys (really just the site in general), but don't recall them saying we made an offer. I do recall an article on their site though saying Landry should be our #1 FA WR target. 
    • Please read OP before voting   Roster INs and OUTs Already under contract Nelson LG Down year due to foot and back issues/surgery. Started 13/17 games Only graded 69.1 via PFF, but also surrendered only one sack Kelly OC A bit beat up early. Started 14/17 games Further regressed to 56.9 PFF, and gave up 3 sacks Smith RT Also missed time due to injury, 11/17, missing 6 of the first 7 games. After he got back, he was petty elite, grading 80.6, but did give up 4 sacks Pinter iOL Started 3 games at OC when Kelly was out and graded 74.7, while not allowing a sack (pretty impressive) Fries iOL No starts, but got a few snaps in 2 games. Graded 54.8 Added or extended or re-signed Rainmann T or ? Our 3rd round pick. Several, or even most had him going in the bottom half of the 1st round.  PFF ranked him the 18th best overall prospect, and graded him 94.6 for the season.  Age is a bit of concern, as is the small conference background (MAC has put out plenty of good NFL OL though) Elite RAS, and only 2 years at OT (which he was All-MAC) Pryor Swing T Started 5 games (IIRC, 2 at LT, 2 at RT, 1 at G), but got snaps in 14 games Graded nicely at 76.5, giving up zero sacks Not sure why we didn't see him more at LT instead of waiting till end of season. Signed a one year 5.5M contract. I think I would have gone 2 years given the cost and his swing value at minimum. Dennis Kelly Swing T Started the last 4 games for GB last season, grading at 70.4 with only 1 sack allowed 32 years old, but still solid. At worst he's a high quality depth swing T Contract details not available, but played for GB on a one year 1Mish contract last year Reserve/Future Murray and O'Donnell Murray - CFL guy with good upside but still a long shot O'Donnell - upside, and second year with Indy (PS) UDFAs French and Van Demark, and former UDFA Kemp ? All long shots that will need time if they do end up sticking Lost Fisher LT Returned from 2020 injury and just never played up to expectations. Good in the run game for the most part, but horrible in pass pro. Graded 68.2 and gave up a team high 7 sacks. Caliz (Stampede Blue) credits Fisher with 2 losses (Balt and TB) due to whiffs that directly translated to game losing strip sacks of Wentz.  Still has not found a job Glowinski RG 70.1 PFF and only 2 sacks allowed. One of his best seasons ever if not the best. Signed a 3 year / 20M (6.6M year) contract with the Giants. Modest, but well deserved. Hope we don't miss him too much Reed iOL depth Got a little action, and graded 67.2 Signed an uber cheap deal with MN for 2 years totaling 4.5M (2.25M a year) I like Glow better, but can't believe we let Reed get away for that cheap.  Davenport T depth Was pretty awful grading 45.3 and allowing 4 sacks in less than 300 snaps IIRC, signed a 1 year league min (about 1M) with the Bears Assumed depth based on aggregate of sites Starters LT - Pryor LG - Nelson OC - Kelly RG - Pinter RT - Smith Depth Swing Tackle - Dennis Kelly TBD but likely OT - Rainmann Swing iOL - Fries (now taking OC snaps) Key questions / comments LT - Can Pryor lock it down, or does Kelly or Rainmann challenge? RG - Can Pinter lock it down, or does Indy look for a FA or perhaps switch things up OC - Will Kelly right the ship, or regress further iOL depth - however you look at it, we are super weak here Nelson - will the back issues linger, or does he get back to pre-2021 form. and when will he get an extension? T depth - while the LT starter may can concern in some, the overall depth with Kelly and Rainmann added, is pretty darn good.    Article from Stampede Blue (short, simple, but decent) https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/5/17/23068652/how-much-have-the-colts-improved-offensive-line
    • I follow the guys at The Blue Stable. Two of them are dead on with their sources. Destin Adams and Shaad McGinnis have both broke trades, FA signings, and coaching hires before the national and local media. Shaad’s brother is the dline coach for the Rams.  There are also a couple of sources out there that are credible. Shaad has also broke non-Colts stories. 
  • Members

    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,028

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dunk

      Dunk 599

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfanej

      coltsfanej 431

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Chucklez

      Chucklez 593

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RDNScot

      RDNScot 7

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 441

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelDragon

      SteelDragon 91

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Kirie89

      Kirie89 6

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jshipp23

      jshipp23 400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...