Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep! I know right? Three times now… I’m not too bad. Praying the kids don’t get worse. They’re mostly just irritable at the moment. With no fever I’m hoping I can follow this 5 day rule. 

One thing I forgot to add is that my youngest daughter got vaccinated in October.

She didn't get sick at all.

So I'm thinking the booster works.

I am of the mind that we have two lines of flu now for the future.  Both of them are a threat but both will be managed just fine.

As to the actual game and Wentz being out I am not too concerned with the Raiders.  The guy who matters is Taylor.  We can get through one game here with the kid handing the ball off and taking play action shots.  

2 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

As to the actual game and Wentz being out I am not too concerned with the Raiders.  The guy who matters is Taylor.  We can get through one game here with the kid handing the ball off and taking play action shots.  

4/5ths of our starting OL is likely unavailable. Our starting QB is likely unavailable. We're decimated in the secondary, and at LB. Our run game wasn't great against the Cardinals, and they can't stop the run.

And I don't know why everyone is writing off the Raiders. The Cowboys are possibly the best team in the NFL right now, and the Raiders beat them just a month ago. Yeah they're hit by Covid right now, but so are we.

From a football standpoint, this isn't good for the Colts.

Just now, Superman said:

4/5ths of our starting OL is likely unavailable. Our starting QB is likely unavailable. We're decimated in the secondary, and at LB. Our run game wasn't great against the Cardinals, and they can't stop the run.

And I don't know why everyone is writing off the Raiders. The Cowboys are possibly the best team in the NFL right now, and the Raiders beat them just a month ago. Yeah they're hit by Covid right now, but so are we.

We just need to see what happens by Sunday. Kelly is expected back. Glow will probably be back.  Fisher and Smith are the   concerning one because we don’t want to see Davenport.  

1 minute ago, Superman said:

4/5th of our OL was unavailable vs the Cardinals too, that is why we ran for only 100 plus yards. :) 

Raiders are a hot and cold team. They are a good team that has a good O-line but like I said, our OL is key. It isn't the best situation, no doubt but it isn't as gloomy as some may make it sound either.

I might be taking them lightly here but I don't have a real high opinion of the Raiders.  I don't like their defense.

Now the Cowboys win was surprising I agree.  But at this point here in December I think the focused team who is going to take care of business is the Colts.  We'll see.

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

if the titans beat the dolphins  and rams beat the ravens we are still in the wild card  just need to win against the jags  with every one back healthy .

16 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

One is 5 the other is 2. The 5 year old only has one dose of the vaccine so far… guess we’ll have to wait. 

I understand the pain lol. My wife and I had Covid last year.. my three children were jumping up and down on the couch watching movies as I was laid out.. they didn't even have a cough. I was like.. " can't y'all just rest easy for one day!"

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

4/5th of our OL was unavailable vs the Cardinals too, that is why we ran for only 100 plus yards. :) 

Raiders are a hot and cold team. They are a good team that has a good O-line but like I said, our OL is key. It isn't the best situation, no doubt but it isn't as gloomy as some may make it sound either.

JT had 108 yards on 27 carries. Acceptable, not great. He had 43 yards on his first carry, and after that averaged 2.5 yards/attempt. He was stopped in the backfield more times than any other game. And we gave up constant pressure.

Those guys battled and played a heck of a game, but the OL was noticeably worse than normal. Saying 'just give the ball to JT, we'll beat the Raiders' kind of ignores the reality of the awful situation we're in, especially with the OL. The only thing worse than having a bunch of players out is having a bunch of players out on a single unit. 

Just saying it's not a cake walk just because people think the Raiders are bad.

JT had 108 yards on 27 carries. Acceptable, not great. He had 43 yards on his first carry, and after that averaged 2.5 yards/attempt. He was stopped in the backfield more times than any other game. And we gave up constant pressure.

Those guys battled and played a heck of a game, but the OL was noticeably worse than normal. Saying 'just give the ball to JT, we'll beat the Raiders' kind of ignores the reality of the awful situation we're in, especially with the OL. The only thing worse than having a bunch of players out is having a bunch of players out on a single unit. 

Derek Carr has been very good against us too. He deserves our respect.

46 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am the shop steward in my union and we just went through all this with our lawyers earlier this year.   Labor law gives unions the right to bargain over certain things.  Conditions of employment are one of them.  A mandate of any-type is a condition of employment.  It is 100% a collectively bargained right because our contract had nothing in it about vaccines at all and the company’s own lawyer even acknowledge our right to bargain over the mandate they wanted to impose because it was a condition of employment.

One of the companies here gave everyone a 3 dollar an hour raise to get the vax mandate through union voting. Took them several times of voting to get it

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

Agreed

I have figured out why Reich said they were all clear Saturday then found out in afternoon they weren’t. Apparently they do a rapid test right away. Then they send it in for overnight results. So apparently saturday they got results back from overnight and everything was clear. But then the daily rapid test was positive. 

29 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if the titans beat the dolphins  and rams beat the ravens we are still in the wild card  just need to win against the jags  with every one back healthy .

We only need the Rams to beat the Ravens, because we own the tiebreaker advantage over the Dolphins. It would actually be good for the Colts if the Dolphins beat the Titans and Patriots (to finish 10-7), because that would bring the Patriots down to 10-7 and we own the tiebreaker over them too.

Think about how much different the NFL landscape would’ve been if we were only dealing with the Delta variant and not the more contagious Omicron. I’ll say this again Colts players Vaccinated and unvaccinated were doing a pretty good job until this new variant came to the US by storm last month. It sucks but the good news is it’s much weaker than Delta and it seems to be the most dominant strain in the US right now. 

54 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

People are freaking out but don’t realize when the new covid rules get put in place this week every single colts player has a chance to return . 

That may be however this covid crap hits everyone differently.  Some say it's like just a case of a cold with sniffles & such while others get slammed pretty hard and take much longer to snap back.  Lets keep our fingers crossed regardless of the rules that the players that are on the list suffer from the minimum effect of it and bounce back quickly.

Archived