Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Pats at Colts Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

Just now, chad72 said:

The thing you miss at the stadium is what happened that got Wentz so irate. Based on his lips I could sense him saying "he grabbed my d***" or something like that. Haven't seen the replay of the Dugger-Pittman stuff either, that is the main luxury of watching it on TV. However, the experience of being there is hard to beat. :) 

Dugger got upset because Pittman blocked him hard on a run play took a swing at Pittman and knocked his helmet off and they went to the ground.  I saw someone shove an official over when they were trying to break up unless that was Pittman Pittman being objected was bull.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bestQBever said:

We have A LOT to figure out about why we keep blowing these leads. This isn't gonna cut it if we want to make a real run in the playoffs. Having said that... WHAT A FKIN WIN! JT for MVP

In this game at least the Colts came out and landed a haymaker to start.  New England adjusted and go things going their way and then what has been missing Frank countered their adjustments and closed it out.  That’s how games go.  This is a positive sign because the Colts had an answer for the Pats adjustment.

1 minute ago, Nancy said:

Is Pittman a hothead? I don't think he should have been ejected...but I didn't see everything.  Should he have been kicked out?

Shaking Head Ugh GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Unless he’s the one who shoved the ref over I say no but I am not exactly neutral here.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

In this game at least the Colts came out and landed a haymaker to start.  New England adjusted and go things going their way and then what has been missing Frank countered their adjustments and closed it out.  That’s how games go.  This is a positive sign because the Colts had an answer for the Pats adjustment.

I was seeing the Colts pass rush not getting to Mac Jones at all, again and again and again. Yet Eberflus never blitzed as a change of pace. I don't know, a better QB would have completed more passes that Mac Jones missed. The flea flicker, N'Keal Harry had a few steps on Rhodes, instead Mac Jones overthrew Meyers by the sidelines. I do think the Colts were bailed out by less than stellar QB play by Mac Jones today, the D did a few things good but against better QBs in a close game like this, we would have come up short.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep no question this wasn’t “just another game” to the fans or players and it showed.  The Colts wanted this one.  Now I hope they can refocus for another hard game against the Cards in a week.  

I was looking at the DLeonard presser talking about tonight's game and he was saying it was just another game.  Nothing about the rivalry or anything.

I dunno, I kinda' think that that is probably accurate.  TY & Doyle were here just after Manning left, but really no one else (Mathis, if he's still coaching).  The players were jacked to play the Pats because of their place in the standings, the fans were absolutely ballistic because we were facing our arch nemesis.  You guys helped win the game tonight.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I was seeing the Colts pass rush not getting to Mac Jones at all, again and again and again. Yet Eberflus never blitzed as a change of pace. I don't know, a better QB would have completed more passes that Mac Jones missed. The flea flicker, N'Keal Harry had a few steps on Rhodes, instead Mac Jones overthrew Meyers by the sidelines. I do think the Colts were bailed out by less than stellar QB play by Mac Jones today, the D did a few things good but against better QBs in a close game like this, we would have come up short.

He did blitz at times but New England kept picking them up.  The Pats also have a very good o-line so some credit needs to go to them but yeah the Colts pass rush is still a work in progress.  

the wrinkle Flus brought tonight was more man-to-man the Colts normally play and it clearly confused Jones at times because it wasn’t what he was expecting.  

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One thing for sure this team really knows how to start out fast. Pats couldn’t play their normal game. Pass rush and better weapons are probably a big reason colts let teams back in the game.

I think I heard someone say we led the league in 1st quarter scoring?  That's a great stat - and great way to start games.

Think we may need Hot Rod back just because Badgley struggles on fg above 40 while Hot Rod doesnt stuggle until above 50.

Think we need to use Dulin more, he is among the most improved players and i was among his biggest doubters, he deserves a ton of credit upping his game.

Pinter has played great we havent missed a beat with him in there

Speed is always in the right place, not sure record for most blocked punt tds in a season but he has to be close to the record.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He did blitz at times but New England kept picking them up.  The Pats also have a very good o-line so some credit needs to go to them but yeah the Colts pass rush is still a work in progress.  

the wrinkle Flus brought tonight was more man-to-man the Colts normally play and it clearly confused Jones at times because it wasn’t what he was expecting.  

Agree.  Jones did look a bit rattled out there.  Flus deserves some credit here.  He did pretty good tonight, I thought.

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Think we may need Hot Rod back just because Badgley struggles on fg above 40 while Hot Rod doesnt stuggle until above 50.

Think we need to use Dulin more, he is among the most improved players and i was among his biggest doubters, he deserves a ton of credit upping his game.

Pinter has played great we havent missed a beat with him in there

Speed is always in the right place, not sure record for most blocked punt tds in a season but he has to be close to the record.

I saw something that said the last time a guy had two TDs on blocked punts in a season was Ed Reed in either 03 or 07 can’t remember.

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I thought man was the right decision. Why let a rookie just beat your zones. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

That’s okay you have all of tomorrow watch football stress free and relax.

I am like wide awake listening to the colts post game from the ap eating licorice lol.

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I was looking at the DLeonard presser talking about tonight's game and he was saying it was just another game.  Nothing about the rivalry or anything.

I dunno, I kinda' think that that is probably accurate.  TY & Doyle were here just after Manning left, but really no one else (Mathis, if he's still coaching).  The players were jacked to play the Pats because of their place in the standings, the fans were absolutely ballistic because we were facing our arch nemesis.  You guys helped win the game tonight.

Look at the way the guys played.  You could tell by that this wasn’t just another game.  Leonard isn’t going to trash talk after the game because there is nothing to be gained from that, especially when you might very well see this team again in their place.

10 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Let me respond by asking; were you wondering what the He__ Frank was doing during that first drive?  Were you confused?  I know I was.

I'm also thinking that BB was a bit confused as well.  He had orchestrated his D to stop Taylor and JT was a decoy.  We didn't get anything the first drive but I bet BB was a bit back on his heels wondering what Frank was going to do in the second.  I bet his defense was as well.

That's the only thing I can think of as to why you wouldn't use your best weapon - you're setting up the run using the pass.  He was setting BB up.  Maybe it worked? 

There is good confused, and there is bad confused lol...

1st play... 1st read throwing right at McCourty, the #1 ranked guy in the league (lowest passer rating allowed) is bad confused.

2nd play... 1st read throwing right at J Jackson, #1 in PDs, #2 in INTs, and #2 in passer rating allowed, is bad confused.

BB went run stuff on the first play. He was not run stuff 2nd play. He really didn't change his D at all the second series. So it's not like he adjusted making it easier the second series. 

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Whelp time to raise the 2021 AFC East Champion banner…

right?

rick-james-smoking.gif

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight. 

Yup, I'm wound up. Only got 5 hours last night, but still hyped. I had 2 cocktails during the game, but I think I need 2 more to get me sleepy lol. 

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

frank says no injuries.  Amazing considering how scary that hit with Sendejo was.

No injuries is very good, Sendejo has always been a heat seeking missile...he hasnt taken out our own which was a worry. Glad he didnt suffer anything serious, one of our unsung heroes this season 

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

No injuries is very good, Sendejo has always been a heat seeking missile...he hasnt taken out our own which was a worry. Glad he didnt suffer anything serious, one of our unsung heroes this season 

The dude just gives it all. He doesn't want to hurt his own team mates, which was implied earlier this year.

He just lays his body out as hard as he can every play. 

I'll take that every day, and twice on Sundays. Which is exactly what he did on Saturday this week. 

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Man Rock has come a long away this season. Just targeted one time tonight and it was an incompletion.

He's not a guy teams circle anymore. Took him a while transitioning from man to heavy zone, and had a ton of injuries that were pesky but not horrible. It's funny he was playing better late last year in zone, than man. Now we're playing more man (not late games) this year. He's looking more and more like he did his 2H rook year when he was top 10 graded. I think as he settles in, he's gonna get better. He doesn't have the speed to be some spectacular cover CB, but he's got well rounded measurables to be very good. I still want to see him given the chance to rough up some WRs on the LOS. 

Just watched the game. WOW! This will sound so wrong in a way but I can't find a better way to put it - we looked like the Patriots in this game... not because we had amazing QB play or secondary... but in the fact that this was incredibly solid all around game, with opportunistic playmaking in all phases of the game - blocked punt on ST, multiple TOs(again!!!) on defense, huge backbreaking play by Taylor... and this whole thing was executed with concentrated focus on exploiting what we perceived as a weakness(their run defense) and straying away from what we considered their strength - pass-defense. Add to it exploiting the inexperience of a rookie QB and this looked like a Belichick coached game from Frank. And this is a huge compliment I'm giving him here. It looked routine... it looked like a game where you can't quite put your finger on the reason for the domination... but it's happening nonetheless. BTW... big props to Pinter for yet another solid game in relief for Kelly. 

Now... I'd still want to point out some negatives but I don't want them to distract from the great overall performance of the team - the defense continues to give up big plays and drives in prevent with big leads. We need to recrify this. This is NOT GOOD. Today we had 20 point lead to enter the 4th. We cannot keep giving away 17 point 4th quarters and keep winning. If we don't correct this, we will suffer when it matters most. And then... Wentz - in the game we officially lost our 1st round pick for him, he didn't show why he deserved that type of a price. We didn't rely on him in this game and he still almost cost us the game. He had 3 out of the 12 passes he threw that could/should have been intercepted... he had multiple passes off-target... and the pick was... ugh... not just bad throw but horrendous decision to throw that ball in the first place... and his mechanics on the throw...  look at his footwork, look at his upper body! Ugh!!! I really hope this is a one off game, but he's been having more and more headscratching moments as the season has progressed. 

edit: oh, BTW... just for the record - I'm starting to believe more and more in this team. You guys know I've been a skeptic about our chances purely because we used to lose every game against the playoff teams... but we are actually starting to win those and win them convincingly. And to add to it ... a lot of advanced stats point to us being one of the best teams in the league. At some point I just can't keep ignoring this. We might actually have a chance for a good playoffs run if we get there... This team has a certain level of resilience to it and if the run game keeps trucking opponents like this... we might be a Wentz hot streak away from something special. :goodluck:

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

frank says no injuries.  Amazing considering how scary that hit with Sendejo was.

Laughing out loud at that quote by Frank at the end of that tweet.  Niiiiice little jab.  Lets just say it.  Reich owns Belicheck. Lol.  The rivalry was put back on by the Colts last night. 

Archived