Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns raiders game postponed till Monday

Stephen

12 hours ago, jskinnz said:

So what do you do about a team like the Browns who have over 20 players on the Covid list?  Make ‘em play?

i don't like it because it can show preferential treatment.  It happened last year when the Steelers got to move their games around but the Broncos did not.  

The NFL clearly said that any major outbreaks would result in forfeiture.   

39 minutes ago, Myles said:

i don't like it because it can show preferential treatment.  It happened last year when the Steelers got to move their games around but the Broncos did not.  

The NFL clearly said that any major outbreaks would result in forfeiture.   

Broncos did not follow protocol so they had to play

These games this year and last year were due to outbreaks - major deference. 

I believe the nfl said forfeitures were possible if due to a team not following protocols. Clearly things have changed now - hell the world is in a different spot than it was just a week ago.  

Plus - preferential treatment - there may be teams that benefits from moving games but I think that is coincidental and not planned by the league. 

Bottom line - there are no answers that fits everyone. 

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Broncos did not follow protocol so they had to play

These games this year and last year were due to outbreaks - major deference. 

I believe the nfl said forfeitures were possible if due to a team not following protocols. Clearly things have changed now - hell the world is in a different spot than it was just a week ago.  

Plus - preferential treatment - there may be teams that benefits from moving games but I think that is coincidental and not planned by the league. 

Bottom line - there are no answers that fits everyone. 

So if the Colts had Wentz go out with covid even while following all guidelines, would the league let them push the game out?    Nope.   Even though it is the most important position on the team and would most likely lead to a loss.  

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

So if the Colts had Wentz go out with covid even while following all guidelines, would the league let them push the game out?    Nope.   Even though it is the most important position on the team and would most likely lead to a loss.  

He isn't vaccinated either.   I think they are postponing because almost all the guys that tested positive are vaccinated 

On 12/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, chad72 said:

Man, their next game is the one that gets messed up, playing on a Monday or Tuesday followed by a Sunday game. However, it will give them plenty of chances to get players off the virus list.

Looks to me like Cleveland took it in the can on this one. Just read that just one key player passed the covid test and they will have 10 starters out and 22 total. Plus they don't play on Sunday next week . They play at GB on Christmas day. Probably would have lost that game anyway but playing on the road Saturday following a Monday night game is unheard of.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32909873/source-cleveland-browns-qbs-baker-mayfield-case-keenum-remain-game-vs-las-vegas-raiders

17 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Raiders play at home against Denver this weekend. Will probably win. Which will make that game against us big if we lose against AZ. Browns play packers so they are kind of screwed.

Raiders arent playing well of late, Broncos may have to start Drew  Lock who is a total mess. Toss up game. 

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Colts will crush this awful Raiders team lol.

Now that I think about it might be good for raiders to lose. Ravens have Rams this weekend at home and I won’t be surprised ravens lose. This will put raiders out of the picture. Then ravens will be faltering. The colts raiders game would still be big because of AFC conference record. 

Archived