Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts-bucs predictions

Two_pound

Regarding the Bills game. I think the Bills defense is overrated because they've beaten up on a lot of bad teams making them look better than they are. The Bills defense is a lot like the Colts defense was last year - we beat up on bad teams early, making us look good, but were mediocre against contenders.

That said, we also benefitted a great deal from the bad weather. The Bills missed on a lot of opportunities because their receivers couldn't hold on to the ball making our defense look better than it is.

The Bucs have pretty consistently shut down the run. The Saints beat them by sticking to the run and I think the only way for us to win is to do the same. Keep feeding JT and don't panic if we fall behind. Also, it would be fantastic is we could start off like we did against the Jags and the Bills - get a turnover early and get a TD from it.

I really want us to win against the Bucs, but I think this game will be the toughest the Colts will face all season and I'm not confident we can win it.

34-27 Bucs.

If we have good balance, and both JT and Pittman have good days, we're in it till the end.

I think we'll need some help from the D (either stout play, or at least a well timed turnover) or someone else stepping up on O, like one of the TEs, Hines, or another WR. 

I'm gonna bet TY wants this game pretty bad. He's never beaten Brady. No player on our roster has ever beaten Brady, but he's the oldest continuous Colt and probably has a well developed disgust for losing to Tom... 

Wonder if Irsay gave them a good speech about the significance of 2009.... And luck was 0-for... uh

I have TB and NE as our two losses the rest of the year. Brady is experienced (and still good) enough to move the ball with ease on us, even if our secondary is healthy now. Add to the fact that they have the no1 run defense and the best run-stuffing NT in Vita Vea and our chances are low to win IMO. This is probably the worst matchup the rest of the year for us IMO, but I think we can make up for it the rest of the year.

Bucs 31

Colts 17

Just now, Tsarquise said:

I hope the Colts win, but, if I'm being rational, I can't think that they're going to win.  But maybe. The WFT and Saints beat them. 

I won't be an overly bias Colts fan so I will say this is a 50/50 game. It can go either way. Brady is the GOAT IMO, I have Peyton and Joe right there but that is another topic. Having said that, Brady for some reason in Regular Season games does tend to struggle at times on the road against good teams. They did last year and if you remember they were only 7-5 through 12 before he and his team turned it on. Brady tends to play his best in the playoffs and IMO we need this game more. Bucs are going to win their division even if they lose today. Another thing we have going for us is, we are real healthy.

Key today is not allowing Brady to step up in the pocket. Middle of our dline needs to come up big. I am kind of sad the Colt players don’t understand the rivalry. Hopefully Reich pulled out some tricks this week to show them how much Colt fans hate Brady and help them understand the history.

Seems to me we need to use a lot of misdirection in the run game. Pairing Hines and Taylor together will be big.

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Key today is not allowing Brady to step up in the pocket. Middle of our dline needs to come up big. I am kind of sad the Colt players don’t understand the rivalry. Hopefully Reich pulled out some tricks this week to show them how much Colt fans hate Brady and help them understand the history.

Seems to me we need to use a lot of misdirection in the run game. Pairing Hines and Taylor together will be big.

Why do you think the current players don't understand? You think Irsay, Frank, TY, or Doyle haven't said anything over the years?

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why do you think the current players don't understand? You think Irsay, Frank, TY, or Doyle haven't said anything over the years?

Because non of them were around for the Peyton years and understand it.  I am sure they have brought it up. This is a lot like Buffalo was for Reich. This is going to mean a lot to Arians to win this game. Bucs have Brady that can help his team mates understand it.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Because non of them were around for the Peyton years and understand it.  I am sure they have brought it up. This is a lot like Buffalo was for Reich. This is going to mean a lot to Arians to win this game. Bucs have Brady that can help his team mates understand it.

The guys on the roster now would have to be pretty thick not to understand the history. They didn't have to be on the team 15-20 years ago to know the team's history. 

This is not like Frank/Buf for Arians. Arians had 2 stops here for a total of 4 years. Three with Peyton, 1 with Luck. He had as many, or more years in KC, AZ, and PItt. Frank played for Buffalo in their best years. I'm sure it means some to Arians, but it's very different. 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The guys on the roster now would have to be pretty thick not to understand the history. They didn't have to be on the team 15-20 years ago to know the team's history. 

This is not like Frank/Buf for Arians. Arians had 2 stops here for a total of 4 years. Three with Peyton, 1 with Luck. He had as many, or more years in KC, AZ, and PItt. Frank played for Buffalo in their best years. I'm sure it means some to Arians, but it's very different. 

A lot of these guys were barely teenagers at that time. I am not saying they won’t completly understand it I just wish they were part of the rivalry because that always helps. Maybe Reich played that ballard clip of him saying the rivalry is back on. Some these guys were around went mc cheat backed out which I forgot about. So I imagine that will serve as motivation.

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

A lot of these guys were barely teenagers at that time. I am not saying they won’t completly understand it I just wish they were part of the rivalry because that always helps. Maybe Reich played that ballard clip of him saying the rivalry is back on. Some these guys were around went mc cheat backed out which I forgot about. So I imagine that will serve as motivation.

God I am so stupid. Why do I think Wr are playing NE. Lmao

I am so po'd at myself for changing my pick. I've noticed not too many people make predictions, especially our resident experts, I wonder why. Another giveaway and some very questionable play calls and strategy that, in reality, played into the strengths of Tampa. Oh well, at least the media jacks get to spend all day talking up Tommy, it's what they love to do any way.

Archived