Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

I think they still think they are better than us. I got no problems playing them boys again. I think wed be less hesitant with the passing game in the playoffs. I think Frank was trying to make sure we are even in the playoffs to start with. Not sure if wed win a 2nd time just running, running, running. Got to open things up a bit more in spots.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If that does not say MVP with our all star receiving cast (#sarcasm), I don't know what will.

252 yards in 3 games and he breaks the all time NFL single season rushing record of Erick Dickerson of 2105 rushing yards in a season. We need to get him that.

Not quite. That yardage total is all scrimmage yards, not rushing yards. JT is still 600 yards away from Dickerson's record.

Does anyone else think having both the Bills and Patriots play their game on Sunday while we have less pressure on Saturday to take care of our business is a good thing?

In fact, I would want the Bills to win, so that assuming we are at 9-6, I want both the Bills and Patriots at 9-6 so that no matter who is in that wild card spot, we will have the tie breaker over both of them. That is a better spot to be in, IMO, to get closer to the 5th seed. The Chargers rest of season schedule is very cushy, so our primary contender for the #5 spot will be them if both Bills and Patriots end up at 9-6 each. 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think they still think they are better than us. I got no problems playing them boys again. I think wed be less hesitant with the passing game in the playoffs. I think Frank was trying to make sure we are even in the playoffs to start with. Not sure if wed win a 2nd time just running, running, running. Got to open things up a bit more in spots.

I think 3 the best teams in the AFC are the Chiefs, Colts, and Pats. If we play the Titans or Ravens again we will win IMO. Titans are banged up and won't beat us 3 times in 1 season. Playing the Pats at Foxboro will be tough and we just beat them. BB will make huge adjustments and he rarely loses twice to the same team. Playing at KC will be tough too, when Mahomes gets on a roll that is doomsday for the opponent. Chargers held him in check for 3 Qtrs then he scores 21 points in 9 minutes. Against the Chiefs and Pats you have to play a full 60 minutes of smart football to beat those teams.

Okay, I think I figured out the only way the Colts go 10-7 and miss the playoffs (and yes, I have too much time on my hands today).

Let's say Colts lose to Arizona and beat Raiders & Jags to go 10-7. From Playoff Machine, the only way the Colts would miss the playoffs would be if the following teams ALL WIN OUT:

Bengals (vs Ravens, Chiefs, Browns) - very unlikely

Chargers (vs Texans, Broncos, Raiders) - This is likely

Bills (vs Patriots, Falcons, Jets) - It's possible

Steelers (vs Chiefs, Browns, Ravens) - The way the Steelers are playing, this is almost impossible, especially with Chiefs and Ravens as away games. 

That's 12-0 from three teams who are 8-6 and one who is 7-6-1. Not impossible, but so unlikely that you would just shake your head and say "it wasn't meant to be."  

**This is also assuming the Titans win at least 1 of their last 3 games. 

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Does anyone else think having both the Bills and Patriots play their game on Sunday while we have less pressure on Saturday to take care of our business is a good thing?

In fact, I would want the Bills to win, so that assuming we are at 9-6, I want both the Bills and Patriots at 9-6 so that no matter who is in that wild card spot, we will have the tie breaker over both of them. That is a better spot to be in, IMO, to get closer to the 5th seed. The Chargers rest of season schedule is very cushy, so our primary contender for the #5 spot will be them if both Bills and Patriots end up at 9-6 each. 

I just know I like having these Saturday games. I expect that Colts/Pats pulled a big TV number for a Saturday, and more selfishly it allows me to watch the rest of the league on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I just know I like having these Saturday games. I expect that Colts/Pats pulled a big TV number for a Saturday, and more selfishly it allows me to watch the rest of the league on Sunday.

Good thing is we are the only game on so we are in the spot light. Everyone can actually see how good we are. Bad thing is I have to work on Saturday nights so I can't do my normal = wings and beer lmao . It is all good though. Our last 2 games are on Sunday and I have Sunday off.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good thing is we are the only game on so we are in the spot light. Everyone can actually see how good we are. Bad thing is I have to work on Saturday nights so I can't do my normal = wings and beer lmao . It is all good though. Our last 2 games are on Sunday and I have Sunday off.

We do have 2 Saturday games - Browns vs Packers first at 4:30 followed by us vs Cardinals at 8:15 pm

25 minutes ago, #12. said:

Hard to say.  It might be better to face a Raiders team demoralized and out of it.  If the Browns win, they move to #1 in the North.

Forget that.  I was thinking Raiders were 7-6, but it would still be nice to play them having nothing to play for.  

2 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm the opposite. I thoroughly enjoy watching my team play at 1pm every Sunday.

For too many years, I had to work on Sundays and never caught the games. Now, I own the company and make sure my schedule is clear on Sundays in the fall. Saturdays, Thursdays, Mondays - those night games are murder to plan around (or the next morning). I often only get to watch the first half because of obligations the next day.

For the record - I totally stayed up and watched the Pats get smoked this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Browns are probably done now because they have Packers Saturday. 

This AZ game for colts is huge. If we lose and Raiders beat Broncos that show down at LOS is going to be big in two weeks.

We will beat the Raiders, we should beat the Cards but that will be tough. They have lost 2 in a row and fighting to win their division. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will beat the Raiders, we should beat the Cards but that will be tough. They have lost 2 in a row and fighting to win their division. 

I am not guaranteeing anything. Last time we played raiders we struggled with their fronts on both sides. Carr has a beautiful deep ball that can challenge our secondary. We need to just win Saturday.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

I am not guaranteeing anything. Last time we played raiders we struggled with their fronts on both sides. Carr has a beautiful deep ball that can challenge our secondary. We need to just win Saturday.

I would love to win them all but I am just saying if we do lay an egg Saturday it is not the end of the world. Beating the Pats was gigantic so it does give us leeway.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

COVID is exploding now.  That’s my biggest fear.  If we lose Wentz to it we would be in serious trouble.  Winning Saturday would be huge for us.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

The last time the Colts played the Raiders the Colts beat them like a drum 44-27 threw for 244 yards and ran for over 200 yards and gave up zero sacks.  The Colts oline owned the raiders d-line.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The last time the Colts played the Raiders the Colts beat them like a drum 44-27 threw for 244 yards and ran for over 200 yards and gave up zero sacks.  The Colts oline owned the raiders d-line.  

The only game I remenber is when we played them with Jacoby. Lol. Good we played them since then.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

COVID is exploding now.  That’s my biggest fear.  If we lose Wentz to it we would be in serious trouble.  Winning Saturday would be huge for us.

This is true, we really need to win all games but I was looking at it as if we lose Saturday it is not time to do this jack sparrow falling GIF- now if Wentz gets Covid I might do this I Hate Mondays Running GIF by Barstool Sports

Archived