Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jets at Colts Post Game Thoughts....

EastStreet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

When Reich doesn’t have to over think a offensive game plan he is great. 

I don’t know if the defense got bored but that was unacceptable. Trevor lawarence is going to kill us when we play the jags.

this is my worry. TL and the jags will kill this D.  if we get ahead of them by 20 points in the 1st half i can see them winning the game. we need a pass rush to help out the weak db's or coverege sceme 

14 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Do people even realize that defensive philosophy changes when your up that big? Im not a fan of Flus but the piling on here is ridiculous.

The problem was the Colts pretty much played that way in the secondary all night and have all year.  This wasn’t just go prevent to avoid big plays with a big lead.  The Jets pretty much had whatever they wanted passing all night.  

Like Aikman said the Colts were still running their base D, until the last drive when they did just go full prevent to make them eat up the clock, with their starters and trying to get to the QB.  Josh Johnson was just carving them up.  This secondary is not good.  Some of it is the system, some of it lack of pass rush (although tonight the pass rush was pretty good), some of it injury (they did a good job of showing the mistakes, especially the safeties were making), and some of it is just the guys they have back there aren’t good enough.  

Rhodes has been a shadow of last year Rhodes, probably due to injury.  I don’t know if he left the game tonight but It was mostly Ya-sin and Rodgers on the outside in the second half and I don’t recall seeing Rhodes.  

Ya-Sin has been much better than he has been but was not very good tonight.  

Rodgers has taken a step back after looking promising last year.  He looks like a special teams guy in over his head this year.  

I know that people want to move Carrie to safety when he comes back, and given how bad the Colts safeties were tonight it’s hard to argue against it, but they might need him at corner.  

Even the best guy back there, Kenny Moore, has had a down season.

I am glad the Colts won and I am thrilled with how awesome the offense was tonight but let’s not pretend the defense, especially the secondary, was good.  Heck ill even give the pass rush credit for getting to the QB tonight and Leonard forced yet another turnover but man the secondary threw a wet blanket on everything.

Just now, EastStreet said:

When I came back from taking a break, I started reading the posts in the thread from the beginning. Anyone critical of the pass D got a typical emoji from you. But please, do your dance.

Well..     since you’re clearly not capable from figuring out the difference between the defense, the coordinator and the DC.    You don’t have the first clue about why I gave the emoji’s I did.   None whatsoever.   

I laughed at fans, or felt sad for fans who are incapable of enjoying the win.  Who are calling for the DC to be fired.   One even called for Reich to be reprimanded.  Seriously!    Our defense is what it is.   We’re doing the best we can under difficult circumstances.   

Let’s be honest….  If Irsay fired Ballard and Reich after this season, you’d be the happiest poster here!   You’re the biggest hater here, even though you always try to have it both ways so you can always argue whatever side suits your need at the moment.   You’re the Hater in Chief.   Go ahead, defend this fan base…. Many in this embarrassing thread are your peeps!   You deserve each other!    :thmup:

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The problem was the Colts pretty much played that way in the secondary all night and have all year.  This wasn’t just go prevent to avoid big plays with a big lead.  The Jets pretty much had whatever they wanted passing all night.  

Like Aikman said the Colts were still running their base D, until the last drive when they did just go full prevent to make them eat up the clock, with their starters and trying to get to the QB.  Josh Johnson was just carving them up.  This secondary is not good.  Some of it is the system, some of it lack of pass rush (although tonight the pass rush was pretty good), some of it injury (they did a good job of showing the mistakes, especially the safeties were making), and some of it is just the guys they have back there aren’t good enough.  

Rhodes has been a shadow of last year Rhodes, probably due to injury.  I don’t know if he left the game tonight but It was mostly Ya-sin and Rodgers on the outside in the second half and I don’t recall seeing Rhodes.  

Ya-Sin has been much better than he has been but was not very good tonight.  

Rodgers has taken a step back after looking promising last year.  He looks like a special teams guy in over his head this year.  

I know that people want to move Carrie to safety when he comes back, and given how bad the Colts safeties were tonight it’s hard to argue, but they might need him at corner.  

Even the best guy back there, Kenny Moore, has had a down season.

I am glad the Colts won and I am thrilled with how awesome the offense was tonight but let’s not pretend the defense, especially the secondary, was good.

I agree the secondary is not great and Flus is also not great but lets not pretend you can accurately judge how good a defense is when playing with a 30 point lead thats just silly.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think overall the fanbase is a good one but there are always a few that will complain just to complain. 

Not sure complaining about 400 yards and 4 TDs, from two back up level QBs, both how had passer ratings over 100, is really complaining just to complain.

A great offensive performance doesn't make a horrendous performance by the D disappear. The win is fantastic though, and I'm happy. The D is still a peanut punch, so to speak.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

I agree the secondary is not great and Flus is also not great but lets not pretend you can accurately judge how good a defense is when playing with a 30 point lead thats just silly.

That’s the thing if the only time this happened was when they were up 30 points no one would care.  It’s happened multiple times this year, and has a really bad habit of happening in the 4th quarter.

Josh Johnson had only played in 3-4 games in a decade.  Prior to tonight, the guy had 8 career TDs.  He had 3 tonight.

Every year we see this.  We routinely make chumps look like HOFers.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

How about a 19 point lead?

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well..     since you’re clearly not capable from figuring out the difference between the defense, the coordinator and the DC.    You don’t have the first clue about why I gave the emoji’s I did.   None whatsoever.   

I laughed at fans, or felt sad for fans who are incapable of enjoying the win.  Who are calling for the DC to be fired.   One even called for Reich to be reprimanded.  Seriously!    Our defense is what it is.   We’re doing the best we can under difficult circumstances.   

Let’s be honest….  If Irsay fired Ballard and Reich after this season, you’d be the happiest poster here!   You’re the biggest hater here, even though you always try to have it both ways so you can always argue whatever side suits your need at the moment.   You’re the Hater in Chief.   Go ahead, defend this fan base…. Many in this embarrassing thread are your peeps!   You deserve each other!    :thmup:

I have said countless times I want Reich to stay, think he's a great face for the org, just should give up play calls. And I've always said Ballard is good, just not worship worthy. Never once said either should be fired. 

But go ahead, and make sheet up.....

I'll always be factual and go out of my way to be detailed and thorough in my views and opinions. I'll never be a sunshine pumper. Sorry if that offends you. Sorry if our fan base base offends you. Sorry that the 49ers perhaps don't want you lol... 

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Mathis and Wayne are not happy about the defense. 

I’ll side with them and their knowledge and opinions.

The nerve!

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I have said countless times I want Reich to stay, think he's a great face for the org, just should give up play calls. And I've always said Ballard is good, just not worship worthy. Never once said either should be fired. 

I'll always be factual and go out of my way to be detailed and thorough in my views and opinions. I'll never be a sunshine pumper. Sorry if that offends you. Sorry if our fan base base offends you. Sorry that the 49ers perhaps don't want you lol... 

The nerve!

I know. How dare I?!

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just wanted to bold this for some of the sunshine pumpers who think we played prevent early up 42-10.. Not the case at all. We just got ate up and Minshew'd all night.

Great post

(the Secondary)I think they just aren't good in general and add in them being tired by the 4th every game and this is how they play sadly. It's happened and I think will continue to happen unfortunately. It's a bad combo of crappy play, average players and suspect D coaching at times.

Side note also. This offense needs to learn how to milk more clock seeing as it's always a matter of when the D will buckle. No lead is safe and there's times where we help the other team by stopping the clock for them. 

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The nerve!

49ers?    WTH?

Also, you and factual?!?    Have only a distant relationship!    But I always appreciate a good laugh. 

As to you and Reich and Ballard….  You've said enough over the years for me to know what you really think.    Right now the majority here support both.   But if that ever changed, you’d be leading the crowd with the pitch girls and torches.   You love to have things both ways.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sadly what’s gotten lost in this is Taylor is showing he’s the best back in football right now and I think id say that even if Henry wasn’t hurt.

Yeah he's fun to watch. We actually have a home run hitter in the backfield. We're not used to these type big runs.. Lol

Just now, IinD said:

Yeah he's fun to watch. We actually have a home run hitter in the backfield. We're not used to these type big runs.. Lol

The thing is the real home run hitter is Hines.  If he gets in space it’s over.  However, Taylor isn’t far behind.  I was so happy after Sunday that Frank came out and pounded it and didn’t let up.  He did a little in the second half but as Aikman pointed out right after halftime the way the Jets adjusted it was to make the Colts throw.  Even then Taylor still got the long one.  They could have done a little better on the last position but that’s nit picking on a great night.  The big thing was Frank stuck with it tonight.  Hopefully this trend continues and doesn’t go away in a game or two.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

49ers?    WTH?

Also, you and factual?!?    Have only a distant relationship!    But I always appreciate a good laugh. 

As to you and Reich and Ballard….  You've said enough over the years for me to know what you really think.    Right now the majority here support both.   But if that ever changed, you’d be leading the crowd with the pitch girls and torches.   You love to have things both ways.  

Ok, so you're a mind reader... lol... and I don't mean what I say... got it.. 

I've also asked you several times to post anything that wasn't factual? I'm still waiting...

oh... but maybe what I say is factual, but you know what I think, and that's not factual... is that it?

3 minutes ago, craigerb said:

"pitch girls"???

QuarterlyVagueFluke-max-1mb.gif

Archived