Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore HOF


MPStack
 Share

Recommended Posts

What is your take on F. Gore for HOF consideration?

 

 My problem is he was never an All Pro, never led the league in rushing and only Avg. over a 100 YPG in a season once. 
 

I believe he will get in at some point, due to the 16,000 yards rushing (3rd all time). I just hope he’s not a first ballet. 
 

IMO the last couple years,  there have been some questionable choices for the HOF and I’m torn on F. Gore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

What is your take on F. Gore for HOF consideration?

 

 My problem is he was never an All Pro, never led the league in rushing and only Avg. over a 100 YPG in a season once. 
 

I believe he will get in at some point, due to the 16,000 yards rushing (3rd all time). I just hope he’s not a first ballet. 
 

IMO the last couple years,  there have been some questionable choices for the HOF and I’m torn on F. Gore. 

Why do you care?   I hope he gets in.    I don't care who they vote for.   

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

What is your take on F. Gore for HOF consideration?

 

 My problem is he was never an All Pro, never led the league in rushing and only Avg. over a 100 YPG in a season once. 
 

I believe he will get in at some point, due to the 16,000 yards rushing (3rd all time). I just hope he’s not a first ballet. 
 

IMO the last couple years,  there have been some questionable choices for the HOF and I’m torn on F. Gore. 

I think he deserves the consideration, but there are others who should get in before him. I could see him having to wait a couple of years before getting in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe he goes in and I believe he deserves it.    You can’t keep the 3rd allTime leading rusher completely out. 
 

That said, I would not be surprised if he does not go in on the first ballot for some of the reasons mentioned above.   But if he does go in right away, I won’t complain.   He’s had quite a career. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I think he 100% should go in, but I don't think he will go in 1st ballot. 

 

Outside of the numbers his career is pretty amazing considering many thought it would be over before he even reached the NFL due to injury. You could argue the NFL never saw prime Frank Gore. 

 

He also holds some pretty interesting NFL records:

  • Most seasons with 1,200 yards from scrimmage: 12
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 500 yards rushing: 16
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 600 yards rushing: 14
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 700 yards rushing: 13 (tied with Emmitt Smith)
  • Most Career games by an NFL running back: 241

 

Absolutely a lot is down to his longevity, but that's frankly quite an amazing thing, especially for a running back. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

Absolutely a lot is down to his longevity, but that's frankly quite an amazing thing, especially for a running back. 


I think this gets a lot of players in now. There are players who have no playoff success and are not top players at their position statistically in a single season, but due to inflated numbers, they get in. 
 

A good example is W. Moon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think he 100% should go in, but I don't think he will go in 1st ballot. 

 

Outside of the numbers his career is pretty amazing considering many thought it would be over before he even reached the NFL due to injury. You could argue the NFL never saw prime Frank Gore. 

 

He also holds some pretty interesting NFL records:

  • Most seasons with 1,200 yards from scrimmage: 12
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 500 yards rushing: 16
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 600 yards rushing: 14
  • Most consecutive seasons with at least 700 yards rushing: 13 (tied with Emmitt Smith)
  • Most Career games by an NFL running back: 241

 

Absolutely a lot is down to his longevity, but that's frankly quite an amazing thing, especially for a running back. 

 

I hope he gets in. I remember when he got hurt in college -- it looked bad. I can't believe he is still playing. Longevity is also a consideration when judging if one should be elected into the HoF. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he gets in as a 2nd ballot but he will get in because of his longevity and 16,000 rushing yards is a huge accomplishment, only Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith had more rushing yards. Curtis Martin got in so Gore will get in.

He was teammates with Walter's son Jarrett at Miami.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...