Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

never give up hope

bleed blue4life

I posted a few weeks ago I still have not given up hope. This team is getting better every week. Our season is on the line this week. A win and anything can happen . We have got to limit Henry to no long runs in my opinion and we have a good chance of winning. Lets get the win and see how this thing pans out. We always win a game we are not given a chance in . (gb last year ) . anyways go colts 

5 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

I posted a few weeks ago I still have not given up hope. This team is getting better every week. Our season is on the line this week. A win and anything can happen . We have got to limit Henry to no long runs in my opinion and we have a good chance of winning. Lets get the win and see how this thing pans out. We always win a game we are not given a chance in . (gb last year ) . anyways go colts 

Actually, even though this game Vs the Titans is must-win, if we do win it, we are only one game behind them in the division and we are 4-4 after 8 games. So it's still anyone's game as of right now. The team just has to play and coach like this game Vs the Titans is a playoff game. May be the most important single game of the season left considering we can get a win and give Tennessee a loss.

Titans is a must win if we want to compete for the division. Even if we lose I think we will still be very much alive for the wildcard. Although would have to beat some of the good teams on the second half of our schedule, Bills, Bucs...Cards.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Titans is a must win if we want to compete for the division. Even if we lose I think we will still be very much alive for the wildcard. Although would have to beat some of the good teams on the second half of our schedule, Bills, Bucs...Cards.

Right now, we have to operate on the basis "Titans is a must win if we want to make the playoffs since tomorrow is never guaranteed."

Actually, while I think the team is getting better I also see the Titans getting better too.

IMHO, I think we're fighting for a wildcard spot.  We need teams like the Browns, Chiefs, and Steelers to lose as much as we need to win.

In my mind, this season is a win though.  We have a franchise QB.  Not a lot of teams can state that.

38 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Actually, while I think the team is getting better I also see the Titans getting better too.

IMHO, I think we're fighting for a wildcard spot.  We need teams like the Browns, Chiefs, and Steelers to lose as much as we need to win.

In my mind, this season is a win though.  We have a franchise QB.  Not a lot of teams can state that.

I hate to say it, but the Titans look like a legit contender, solid on both sides of the ball. Colts are going to have to get better defensively, pass rush in particular. Maybe the new guy, Odeyingbo, will will eventually start and be a difference-maker. 

The Titans have turned in to who we expected them to be. And maybe even come out a little better than we were expecting. The Jets game was an anomaly. Lots of you guffawed over that one, how’s that working out for you now?

This team just needs to win every Sunday at this point. Regardless of who is on the other sideline. The only thing we can do to help ourselves is win. 

At this point the goal of this season is to wring as much value out of that 1st round pick we’re losing to Philly as we can. No higher than 16th. 

42 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I hate to say it, but the Titans look like a legit contender, solid on both sides of the ball. Colts are going to have to get better defensively, pass rush in particular. Maybe the new guy, Odeyingbo, will will eventually start and be a difference-maker. 

I wouldn't count on that.  I hope he helps but I think we have capable players on the D line.  Our scheme doesn't help.  I blame Fluse for that.

How many times when we have the opponent on 3rd and long do we only rush 4, put no pressure on the QB, and let him scan for the open spot in the zone?  It happens way too often, even with average QBs.  Good ones eat it up.

2 hours ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

Unless you are me....then give up hope every week before we go down two scores lol.  Seriously, every time I step away from watching....we do well 

Interestingly right now, 538 has the Colts at 50% to make the playoffs, ahead of CLE, KC and PIT. That's for the 7th seed. 

That seems high. But they must be basing this off of future schedule. CLE is a win ahead of us and KC has faced a monster schedule so far (and have a proven baseline). No idea what to think about PIT.

If we beat the Titans at home this weekend, we have a two game home stand against the Jets and Jags. If we beat Tennessee, we should be 6-4 in a few weeks’ time.

With that being said, the team has to focus on Tennessee. If we don’t beat them, we’re playing for the wild card in a wild card-heavy AFC.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Interestingly right now, 538 has the Colts at 50% to make the playoffs, ahead of CLE, KC and PIT. That's for the 7th seed. 

That seems high. But they must be basing this off of future schedule. CLE is a win ahead of us and KC has faced a monster schedule so far (and have a proven baseline). No idea what to think about PIT.

I will point out, no Mayfield, as the DRs wont allow him right now. Pit, is what they are an average team at most. KC, has the SB hangover effect

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I would guess Mahomes would be out next week at least.

nasty nasty knee to the head if you haven’t seen it.

So far, none of our results have surprised me. I was surprised by how we had BaLt on the ropes, but the result was the same.  They aren’t as good as advertised though.  Shoulda lost to us and the knee cap biters.

I hope to be surprised by this week’s result.

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

The Titans have turned in to who we expected them to be. And maybe even come out a little better than we were expecting. The Jets game was an anomaly. Lots of you guffawed over that one, how’s that working out for you now?

This team just needs to win every Sunday at this point. Regardless of who is on the other sideline. The only thing we can do to help ourselves is win. 

At this point the goal of this season is to wring as much value out of that 1st round pick we’re losing to Philly as we can. No higher than 16th. 

Titans had 2 good wins in a row, but I don’t think they’re unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they’re probably primed for a nice kicking this week. Despite how well they played yesterday, they still have holes in their secondary and pass blocking. I like our chances. 

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Perfectly stated. There is a shot at the division, but the light is dimming a bit. I am loving the team though....the way it's being built, and how that bodes for the future. 

At 3-4, Colts are tied for the 7th seed.

The other teams on our level?  The Patriots, Chiefs, Broncos, and Steelers (at 3-3).

Our remaining schedule has 5 teams with winning records (vs Titans 5-2; at Bills 4-2; vs TB 6-1; at AZ 7-0; vs LV 5-2)

Patriots remaining schedule has 5 teams with winning records (at Chargers 4-2; vs Browns 4-3; vs Titans 5-2; at Bills 4-2, vs Bills 4-2)

Broncos remaining schedule has 5 teams with winning records (at Cowbows 5-1; vs Chargers 4-2; vs Bengals 5-2; at Raiders 5-2; at Chargers 4-2).  They also have 2 games vs the Chiefs as well.

Chiefs remaining schedule has 6 teams with winning records (vs Packers 6-1; at Raiders 5-2; vs Cowboys 5-1; vs Raiders 5-2; at Chargers 4-2; at Bengals 5-2)

Steelers have 7 teams with winning records (at Browns 4-3; at Chargers 4-2; at Bengals 5-2; vs Ravens 5-2; vs Titans 5-2; vs Browns 4-3; at Ravents 5-2)

I think the Chiefs have the inside track on the 7th seed, simply because they play more of their tough games at home.

The downside for the Colts is that their 5 teams are some of the best teams in the NFL.

It's not out of reach, but it's gonna be hard to do.  Gotta win this one first.  Beat the Titans, and get very, very much in the thick of it.

Archived