Vertical Jump 36"

Broad Jump 126"

3-Cone Drill 

20 Yard Shuttle 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bopete-keyes/32004b45-5916-9574-6829-569abc3bbf02

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330869&page=5

From Wilcox's draft profile

Overview

Height/weight/speed prospect with developmental traits, but the fundamentals and feel for the position are way behind. Despite his straight-line speed, Wilcox has long legs paired with average feet, creating awkward, clunky transitions when he's not allowed to just phase the downfield route. His testing could create an opening for a practice-squad role, but the lack of experience, consistency and the history of injuries plant him firmly in the "project" pile.

Fron Keye's draft profile

Overview

Tall cornerback with good competitive streak who uses rare arm length to his advantage in press and catch disruption. He has adequate instincts and anticipation, but lacks functional makeup speed to cover-up for missteps in coverage. Keyes tends to play too free and easy with his footwork in space. He will need better discipline and bend to improve his balance and transition quickness. Scouts are very concerned about his long speed, but zone-heavy teams may view his length and ball skills as moldable traits to work with on the practice squad.

Keye's PFF from last year - 39.1

Ouch.

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Chris Wilcox

Measurable Measurement 

Height 6' 1⅝" 

Weight 198 lbs 

Wingspan 76⅝" 

Arm Length 31⅝" 

Hand Size 9⅞" 

10 Yard Split 1.54s 

20 Yard Split 2.62s 

40 Yard Dash 4.39s 

Vertical Jump 37½" 

Broad Jump 126" 

3-Cone Drill 7.19s 

20 Yard Shuttle 4.3s 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/chris-wilcox/32005749-4c02-0193-8329-c0c39fd7be5a

Thakarius Keyes

Measurable Measurement 

Height 6' 01"

Weight 202 lbs

Wingspan 78 1/4

Arm Length 32⅝

Hand Size 8 3/4 

10 Yard Split 

20 Yard Split 

40 Yard Dash 

Vertical Jump 26"

Broad Jump 126"

3-Cone Drill 

20 Yard Shuttle 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bopete-keyes/32004b45-5916-9574-6829-569abc3bbf02

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330869&page=5

For what it's worth......

There's a typo that jumped out at me.     You've got Keyes's vert at 26".     I just did a double check and it's actually 36".   

I know it's too late for you to correct it,  perhaps a moderator will?

FWIW, I googled KC’s TC practice reports and it seems that Keyes had a very good camp this year.  He seems to have come down with a lot of INTs in TC.  He was always a long shot due to a crowded position group.  But he was a lot like Chachere was for us - did everything an unheralded camp body could possibly do to make the team…

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

FWIW, I googled KC’s TC practice reports and it seems that Keyes had a very good camp this year.  He seems to have come down with a lot of INTs in TC.  He was always a long shot due to a crowded position group.  But he was a lot like Chachere for us - did everything an unheralded camp body could possibly do to make the team…

Didn't think KC's secondary was graded very well. I know Matthew and Sneed are decent, but overall, thought they were pretty mediocre. 

46 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Didn't think KC's secondary was graded very well. I know Matthew and Sneed are decent, but overall, thought they were pretty mediocre. 

Yeah, I don’t know, but I was practically quoting from the articles I read.  I think maybe they brought in a lot of options to try to improve the secondary, making it a crowded competition…

1 hour ago, coltsfan1965 said:

Keyes seems like more of what Ballard likes.

Keyes is the one that seems like the better fit and has a higher ceiling. I could see Wilcox getting waived again in the next few days.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

CB with arm length: >32" 

Ballard:

giphy.gif

First thing I looked for when I pulled their info up. haha

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Tell and chachre seemed like better practice squad projects . I trust Ballard but this seems not right .  Tell played well in 2019 he sat out a whole year of course he is gonna be rusty in  the preseason . 

How did THEY grade him in 2019. I don't think so good from what i saw.
If you don't mind i wonder what you thought of letting Walker go.

3 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Thakarius is just as cringey a name as Braden.... C'mon people, stop doing this to your children!!! Lol

Stuck in line at a Chipolte the other day, some kid at the cash register and another kid were carrying on holding up the line about Braxton, Braden ect and who was on who's baseball team... I said "hey", and got the "Dude, bro" treatment.  

Thakarius is awesome though. lol

13 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah, I don’t know, but I was practically quoting from the articles I read.  I think maybe they brought in a lot of options to try to improve the secondary, making it a crowded competition…

I checked their PFF (top CBs, SAFs, and NBs, and unit rank). A few good pieces, but not a great unit overall. 

Still a little surprised the bottom of their barrel was better than the bottom of ours.

Hope it works out for the two additions, just hate to see Chachere go after a really good camp. Seems like we brought back Chesley and Sean Davis to the PS too. Wonder if they're trying to bring Chachere back to the PS. Hope so.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

How did THEY grade him in 2019. I don't think so good from what i saw.
If you don't mind i wonder what you thought of letting Walker go.

I was in favor of letting walker go because we had 4 years of game tape and he is bad in coverage . Tell is a different story only one year of limited play I would like to see at least one more year of him .

From Zach Hicks...

Final Thoughts

I am still a bit shocked that the Chiefs exposed Keyes to waivers after final cut downs this week. He has a ways to go before being a legit contributor in the NFL, but he has sky high potential that shouldn't be undersold.

When it comes to the Colts' cornerback depth now, the top four are firmly in place with Xavier Rhodes, Kenny Moore II, Rock Ya-Sin, and T.J. Carrie. After that though, it will be an interesting battle for snaps. Personally, I'd have Isaiah Rodgers as the fifth guy, but the Colts do typically like to keep their top special teams players from playing defense.

If the Colts end up limiting Rodgers' defensive snaps due to his special teams ability, then Keyes should be the front-runner for the fifth cornerback spot. It may not be a huge role on the defense, but it is one that could see some playing time this season. Either way, I'm excited for Keyes' potential in Indy.

The important thing to always remember with these waiver wire pick-ups......they are rarely random (Moore being the exception). Ballard and Company likely scouted these guys in college and had scouts tracking them thru the preseason/regular season/preseason for Keyes and this preseason for Wilcox. They both probably had draftable grades for them and generally speaking meet the height/weight/speed/measurement profiles as well. 

The second thing to consider, is just because they didn't "fit" in the Chiefs or Bucs defense, that does not mean they won't fit in the Colts!

Chachere, God Bless him, was in his 4th year in the league and finally played well enough to stick......and I hope he does find a job in the NFL, either with us or elsewhere.

Tell, you can tell he took a year off, the rust and everything he had built in his rookie year was diminished and he was not able to catch up to those in front of him on the depth chart. I will assume that he will end up back on our Practice Squad sooner rather than later. Too much talent not to finish what they started.

58 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

The important thing to always remember with these waiver wire pick-ups......they are rarely random (Moore being the exception). Ballard and Company likely scouted these guys in college and had scouts tracking them thru the preseason/regular season/preseason for Keyes and this preseason for Wilcox. They both probably had draftable grades for them and generally speaking meet the height/weight/speed/measurement profiles as well. 

The second thing to consider, is just because they didn't "fit" in the Chiefs or Bucs defense, that does not mean they won't fit in the Colts!

Chachere, God Bless him, was in his 4th year in the league and finally played well enough to stick......and I hope he does find a job in the NFL, either with us or elsewhere.

Tell, you can tell he took a year off, the rust and everything he had built in his rookie year was diminished and he was not able to catch up to those in front of him on the depth chart. I will assume that he will end up back on our Practice Squad sooner rather than later. Too much talent not to finish what they started.

Well Done Reaction GIF

Archived