Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to rise Q

TimetobringDfence!

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Without Tevi all we have is Smith, Holden, and Davenport. No depth. If you kick Q out until Fisher returns you can play Reed or Davenport and LG

Why would you put Davenport at LG though, when he can play tackle well enough, and Q can stay in his best spot and also help davenport, plus Q is still coming back from foot 

2 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Without Tevi all we have is Smith, Holden, and Davenport. No depth. If you kick Q out until Fisher returns you can play Reed or Davenport and LG

He isn't going to play LT.  Ballard,  Reich and Q have addressed this

Tevi’s loss means nothing.   Tevi was not going to start.  At best he’s a backup, at worst he gets cut. 

Davenport might not be good enough to start 17 games, but he should be ok for 1-2 games or maybe up to 4 games. 

Davenport played well last week, though I don’t know how he did tonight?   But we should be ok in the short run. 

10 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Well, no.

I’d be surprised to see Fisher start the season on the PUP honestly, so, in theory, it should only be an issue for a small handful of weeks. 

I just hope the investment in Fisher pays off. It could be a long season over on that side if not. 

I think IR would get him back faster then PUP.

If I had my way, we will be short at tackle because neither Tevi nor Holden would be on this team. Holden might be worse than Tevi. He got whooped again tonight against (I'm assuming) 2nd and 3rd stringers. But CB should be able to find one at final cutdown day. 

34 minutes ago, cbear said:

If I had my way, we will be short at tackle because neither Tevi nor Holden would be on this team. Holden might be worse than Tevi. He got whooped again tonight against (I'm assuming) 2nd and 3rd stringers. But CB should be able to find one at final cutdown day. 

Teams don't dump capable LTs 

48 minutes ago, cbear said:

The chances of finding a better LT at the final cutdown that are better than what you find in the March free agent market are incredibly small.    The pickings at that position are very, very slim.

I wouldn’t say zero, but pretty close to.   Frank has spoken well of Davenport.   We should be able get by with him for a few games.   

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The chances of finding a better LT at the final cutdown that are better than what you find in the March free agent market are incredibly small.    The pickings at that position are very, very slim.

I wouldn’t say zero, but pretty close to.   Frank has spoken well of Davenport.   We should be able get by with him for a few games.   

Davenport is fine. I have no issue with him. The other two though are pretty bad tackles.

Holden will probably make the team because he's versitle. I agree we won't find a starting caliber T, but I'd hope that we could find a bu T that's better than those two. 

Archived